Sign in to follow this  
Chris Palmer

Bones 4 Translucent Ghost Pirates

Yarr! I be ressurect'n this post in the name of Talk like a pirate day! Also cause I missed it the first time and wanted to say how cool these belated buccaneers be. Ye did a great job lad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of the 77452 Invisible Ranger I painted last night. I'll be using this translucent model as a marker whenever I make a hide check.
      The other model is the metal version of 02909 Nienna, Elf Ranger sculpted by Werner Klocke. The character I'm playing is a multiclass; ranger, rogue, sorceress.
      I painted the base with Reaper MSP paint and used only inks on the model itself. More pictures of my painted version of 02909, Nienna the elf ranger.

• By MoonglowMinis
      Arrgh!  This week we be havin a dreadful lot o' ghostly pirates that'll be sendin shivers down yer timbers.

This accursed crew of damned delinquents are the Ghost Pirates from Bones 4, or the soon-to-be-released Ghosts of the Drowned Nymph (77745) and the Shades of the Drowned Nymph (77747).  I painted these up similarly to the way I painted the spiritual glow of my Demi Lich.  But I didn't want them to all just be blue so I went for a transitional look.  As if they are materializing out of the ethereal plane.  They may have looked fine either way, but I tend to enjoy lots of colors in my minis.  I also chose to paint over nearly all of the translucent material.  I think I'm officially in the paint-over-it camp.

Read on for More Photos:

These guys were quite a bit of fun to paint.  Check out their WIP and my other piratey minis here.

Which ghost is your favorite?

Also, where do you stand on the translucent mini debate?  Paint over them?  Washes and drybrush?  Or leave them as is?
    • By wickedshifty
      My work on the griffon from bones 4 

• By Smokestack
      Live
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/firelockgames/blood-and-plunder-raise-the-black

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hello again.  Here's another older paintjob of mine.  This is the wyvern from the Bones 4 Core set.

My players encountered a flock of Wyverns while traversing a desert valley.  They were mounted on Giant Lizards and were chased by the wyverns.  What ensued was an Indiana Jones-esque chase complete with daring leaps from mount to mount.  All-in-all a good time.

As such, I decided to paint this guy up to fit into an arid desert landscape.  Had a lot of fun blending the sculpted base into the rest of the base.  Also was really proud of the coloration I settled on for the Wyvern.

I painted each scale individually, which was time consuming but worth it.  I also tried some different glazing and layering techniques to add veining into the wings.  Needless to say, I'm pretty proud of this one.  Wish I had snagged up Blacksting during the Kickstarter as well though.  Will have to get my hands on that one eventually.
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 62 Guests (See full list)