• 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JackMann
      Painted up an old mini I've had forever. Pretty much just slapped some GW contrast paints on him, with a few metallics (Vallejo Gunmetal and Chrome), and some Reaper Walnut Brown for the eyes.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Here's a fun and simple one for you this week!

Owlbears are one of my favorite D&D creatures.  They're just such a silly concept and I love them.  Any scenario were I could use a bear, I swap out for one of these guys instead.  However, despite owning several different owlbear models, I have avoided painting them for a long time out of fear of ruining them.  Finally decided to give one a shot.

Reaper Bones 4: Lowland Owlbear (77674)

More Photos Below

What kind of Owls should I use as inspiration next?

What mini did you put off painting for too long?
    • By R2ED
      It's the weekend - you know what time it is!

This little monstrosity was sitting on my desk looking at me for the past 4 months.  I attempted painting it back in October and failed miserably at it.  I was trying a blue/white combo that just didn't come out well.  It also had a few issues with the fact I primed it with a black Vallejo spray primer that left it feeling tacky.  The first round was a dud, and I often find that redoing a miniature is not the wisest thing because it can leave me feeling like I have to perfect it over and over again.  

However, this was not the case this time.  After watching the dreaded White/Black tutorial on RVE today, I found myself inspired to try again.  Thankfully I had stripped it last week and it was ready to begin again today.  

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      * Stripping this with Simple Green worked great.  Left it in for about a 4 days, brushed it with an electric toothbrush (which is a must in my opinion).  
      *  Sadly the tacky primer was not coming off, but it still took to the overspray of Stynylrez black over it without too many issues.  I then sprayed a white ink over it.  I did notice a slight 'crackling' of the ink over it, but I'll get to that later.
      *  Using the zenithal prime as my map, I starting by laying the darkest grey into the crevices and folds.  Following that wwa the next grey up and again with the light "ghostly white."  
      *  These were all close enough I didn't need to transition or mix much between the colors as the moodiness of this mini seemed to play well to the contrasts.  I did get a little carried away on the hood with longer streaks instead of just highlights and did a mid-grey glaze over that to hide it.  Worked better than I thought.
      *  The face and hands were using some SAMPLE that was sent to me in one of my Reaper orders that's this really, really, really lovely blue.  I used it to baselayer, then lightned up with white.  AWESOME.  I love it.  The blend between the ghastly skin and the robes really came out better than I hoped.
      * With the new confidence in getting to white, I felt pretty good using lighter colors and having a sense that this could be perceived as a white appiration.  

Misses:
      *  Still the darkest grey wasn't dark enough.  Tried adding black and going back in, but it kind of made it more spotty than I hoped. 
      *  Used a Drakenshade wash to fill in some of the areas, but it's deeper than I wanted, but still does a decent job of not taking away from the other painting.
      *  Mouth - is there something else I sshoul have done?  Maybe make it glowing?  Make it dark black?  I wasn't sure.  Still need some help on that one.

I'll have to make the tombstone pop a little more and lay some ground effects down on the final basing when I get there.  To say that this went from a total botched job to something I felt good enough about sharing, this is definitely a win.  Big kudos to the classes with RVE and getting to test it immediately to try my hand at something I was weak at.  WAY TO GO!  

And as always - any feedback is kindly accepted.

• By Lostraven
      This is Mavaro, Iconic Occultist sculpted by Bobby Jackson from the Bone 4 Core Pathfinder Iconics II subset. This is now available on the Reaper store as SKU: 89051. He reminds me of a bard who went for oration as his talent.

• By Glitterwolf
      Some more of my older work.
      Are you people tired yet from all my reposting??

These are my Ghostly twins.

Part of my huge Undead project: Children of the Night
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-night-by-glitterwolf/

• Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)