Reaper Ron

ReaperCon: Reaper U Class Schedule

It appears that I am unable to register for anything.  Every class has a green button next to it that says "Purchase tickets to register."  Clicking on it takes me to the con admissions page.  However, I have my weekend badge already purchased, and confirmed that it's listed when I click on "Your Orders," so I'm pretty sure Growtix knows I have my badge.  I understand that registering isn't the same as purchasing, but I'm concerned that "can't register" will turn into "can't purchase" when they go live with sales.  Anyone else seeing this?  Any idea what might be going on?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out.  Need to click on "My Schedules" and then hit "Manage Schedule" for my badge, then it let me in.  Don't mind the newb. ::P:

Edited by leolson79
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, leolson79 said:

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out.  Need to click on "My Schedules" and then hit "Manage Schedule" for my badge, then it let me in.  Don't mind the newb.

Meh.  It's really just Growtix.  When Ron said it wasn't very intuitive, he wasn't joking.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Meh.  It's really just Growtix.  When Ron said it wasn't very intuitive, he wasn't joking.

Clearly he was not.  Well, maybe some of the other new kids will see my post and avoid the same frustration.

• Like 3

I was going to say that I couldn't register classes to my schedule, but a little bit of random clicking sorted that out.

If I'm honest, I have no idea how I got the ReaperCon Growtix site to recognize that I had a badge, and should be able to build a schedule. When I first logged in, it only gave me links to buying a badge. Did anybody else have this problem? Do you know what sorted it out?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

I was going to say that I couldn't register classes to my schedule, but a little bit of random clicking sorted that out.

If I'm honest, I have no idea how I got the ReaperCon Growtix site to recognize that I had a badge, and should be able to build a schedule. When I first logged in, it only gave me links to buying a badge. Did anybody else have this problem? Do you know what sorted it out?

I did. I went back to my badge confirmation email and used the link to growtix from there. That straightened everything out for me.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Reaper Ron said:

We have turned on Reaper U Class Registration.

To be clear: REGISTERING for a class does not mean that you are PURCHASING class tickets.

REGISTERING only means you are adding the class to your schedule so that you may see what your itinerary is for ReaperCon 2019.

When Reaper U Class Ticket sales are turned on, only then will you be able to purchase classes that you registered for.

Which is nice but Growtix is being the same PITA that it was last year.

I can't log in and it won't send my email the link to reset my password.

I was an early registrant and if it helps I can send you a screenshot of my ticket.

GEM

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Which is nice but Growtix is being the same PITA that it was last year.

I can't log in and it won't send my email the link to reset my password.

I was an early registrant and if it helps I can send you a screenshot of my ticket.

GEM

Send an email to [email protected] with your full name and email address so we can look into your account. We can resend your email confirmation which is the easiest way to gain access to Growtx.

Edited by ReaperAHawk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there a limit to how many classes I can sign up for? I'm attending mostly for the classes so I want to take as many as possible (I did 12 last year).

I just want to make sure before registering for a bunch because I don't see anything on the classes page about limits this year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ReaperAHawk said:

Send an email to [email protected] with your full name and email address so we can look into your account. We can resend your email confirmation which is the easiest way to gain access to Growtx.

Thanks.

I got it handled, in exactly this fashion by following what @Dragoneye did.

I am now in the Happy Camper Club.::):

A pinned How To for dealing with Growtix might save a lot of wear and tear on the internet by putting the back door and other useful bits of info in one place.

It's obvious that Growtix isn't the most intuitive or user friendly site out there.

GEM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Hollymonster said:

Is there a limit to how many classes I can sign up for? I'm attending mostly for the classes so I want to take as many as possible (I did 12 last year).

I just want to make sure before registering for a bunch because I don't see anything on the classes page about limits this year.

Currently there is a limit on how many people can register for a single class...we (well Ron) is in there right now disabling this. There will be no limit as to how many people want to Register for a specific class, but when you go to actually purchase a ticket for that class (when it opens up), then those seats will be limited.

Currently VIP and regular 4-day ticket holders can only register for up to 20 classes. 1 day ticket holder can only register for 5 classes.   We ask as a courtesy that after you have registered for your classes that you only purchase 8 different class tickets until a few weeks have gone by to give everyone ample time to gain access to classes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I have my badge; trying to sort out something that vaguely resembles a schedule, and taking notes on how not to do it. ^^;

I will say this; reading over all the pitfalls everyone else has encountered has enabled me to avoid them. Thank you for being vocal and complaining. 

• Like 4

So... I said I'd take fewer classes this year. 7 is less than 8+ right? Ugh... so much good stuff! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, leolson79 said:

Clearly he was not.  Well, maybe some of the other new kids will see my post and avoid the same frustration.

I finally made it through with some blind stumbling :) got there in the end though

• Like 3

Whoohoo! Figured it out and got GBO and I registered. Can't wait to get all paid up and for real! 

• Like 3

When purchasing goes live, what page do we have to be at to actually purchase the class tickets? I'm hoping it something like:

1. Login, if not already done so. 

2. Click on your name in top right corner and select "My Schedules"

3. Click on "View Schedule" for your short list of classes registered/bookmarked.

4. (being hopeful here) Click the "purchase ticket" button next to each class with tickets still available.

5. Go to a cart and checkout. 

Also, how will we be notified when registration is open? I heard VIPs get 1 day earlier, but will the announcement be e-mail, facebook, twitch stream or forums?

• Like 1