Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Here is a pack of werewolves from Wizkids. Once again I found myself a bit annoyed with their smaller sculpts - they don't quite fit my personal aesthetic and some of the details are rather shallow for my tabletop skills. I chopped out the hand that one of the sculpts was holding. Quick painting and the photos tell me a familiar story - MORE highlights needed! All in all the players were surprised that those wolves trailing them had a bit more to them....
This was my first time painting two of the same sculpt twice in a row, so I tried to make them pretty distinguishable for table play. I also hadn't realized how much bigger 77464 is then 77009, but I still think they work together and I'm pretty happy with the pack overall.
Hello guys i would like to show off my progress of creating 3 miniatures of Werewolves !!
This is work in progress and I will be updating this post for next few weeks.
I really hope you will enjoy this process.
If you have different ideas about Werewolves please let me know!
I would love to sculpt one miniature based on suggestions and feedback, so if you have any references please feel free to share!
First one is almost done, here is a concept for this bad boy.
More updates coming soon!
Thanks for watching :-)
Also feel please check out my other work here :-)
Here is my journey making my first water base. I'm not quite done yet, as I still have some work to do on the Satyr, but I'm so close to finishing. This was a huge experiment for me, but I'm planning to do it again. I'd like to enter a water piece into ReaperCon this year, and I think this was good progress on the way to doing just that.
I would love your feedback if you have any.
Photo 1 - I started with some foam board (first time using that too!!) and glued it together. I used regular old Elmer's glue for this.
Photo 2 - I started carving out the foam board and playing with where I wanted the main rock to be.
Photo 3 - I used some Vallejo Plastic Putty to smooth out the sides of the base. Neat stuff. Was recommended on another forum.
Photo 4 - I started to use some Milliput to seal in the foam in preparation for adding "water"
Photo 5 - I used Milliput and some cork to make "rocks"
Photo 6 - I decided I didn't really like the cork rocks at all and sculpted them to look like slate instead. I also started sculpting some river stones for the basin.
Photo 7 - More river stones, and placed the satyr to make sure it would work.
Photo 8 - Priming and zenithal light.
Photo 9 - Finally adding some color.
Photo 10 - Flocking and some plants added. I made the vine out of wire and paper. The "fern" was from a laser cut set of leaves I had. I'm not really happy with the fern looking thing. I've crushed it more than once now while painting, but it will have to do for now. Would love some feedback if you have any.
Photo 11 - I taped it and held my breath and add two part clear epoxy. IT LEAKED EVERYWHERE! It was terrible. I added more tape and stemmed the flow, but it was pretty bad. First time for water... I expected this to happen deep down inside lol.
Photos 12, 13, and 14 - I started adding scenic fibres to simulate the waterfall. I also used some water effects called Making Waves to "glue" it in place.
Photo 15 - I added another round of two part clear epoxy to make the water deeper and to fix some of the mistakes I made with the water effects and fibres.
Photo 16 - I used some micro sanders to bring the front of the water to a shine. I also added some more water effect to show some flow in the water. I also started painting the Satyr and playing with colors.
Photo 17 - I used some pure white paint to show water activity a bit more. I also did more work on the Satyr and glued him in place. I didn't pin him, and probably should have, but he's holding so far.
Who's Online 11 Members, 2 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)