Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha female fighter or ranger with staff

Great job again!

And together they're a great group!

• Like 1

She's doing a fine job of walking softly with that big stick!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great job again!

And together they're a great group!

Thanks Glitterwolf!  Remember back in the day when they used to sell blisters of three or four minis with the same theme?  Ah, those were the days (waxes nostalgic)….

4 hours ago, eldamir said:

She's doing a fine job of walking softly with that big stick!

Yup, getting ready to smack down on some unkind beasty..

• Like 1

There's also a Rawcliffe pewter version of her, which was listed as Maid Marion...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

There's also a Rawcliffe pewter version of her, which was listed as Maid Marion...

I didn’t know that, even though I knew that Ral Partha worked together with Rawcliffe on a number of things.  This is one of the figures they also used for their “Lost Worlds” line, which was some kind of miniature game.

Found the book cover on line, I would have had a color guide had I only thought to look!3E6948B9-DFB0-4BAF-8402-94F051B269C7.jpeg.b4b5ed7f8a56aba78ee179ae7c32dd93.jpeg

• Like 2

From what I've observed, the decision process behind which Partha figures were redone in pewter by Rawcliffe was... mildly eccentric? :rolleyes:

The larger stuff like dragons, 54mm wizards, polar bear chariot, sure... But the regular-sized 25mm figures included everything from bad-elf looking Chaos Wars fighters and high-level wizards to some incredibly generic-looking  low-level "adventurers" that could be background extras in anything from Robin Hood to Tolkien.

• Like 1

You do such an amazing job.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

From what I've observed, the decision process behind which Partha figures were redone in pewter by Rawcliffe was... mildly eccentric? :rolleyes:

The larger stuff like dragons, 54mm wizards, polar bear chariot, sure... But the regular-sized 25mm figures included everything from bad-elf looking Chaos Wars fighters and high-level wizards to some incredibly generic-looking  low-level "adventurers" that could be background extras in anything from Robin Hood to Tolkien.

Yeah, no idea how they decided what Rawcliffe would produce and sell. I tried to check out on the Lost Mini Wiki and they have a number of references, but very few photos.

8 hours ago, Loim said:

You do such an amazing job.

Thank you Loim!

• Like 1

Great trio of oldies! Really like her yellow shirt, almost looks like a very soft leather.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2019 at 9:31 AM, Iridil said:

Great trio of oldies! Really like her yellow shirt, almost looks like a very soft leather.

Thanks Iridil! Yellow isn’t hard to pull off but it takes quite a many quotes. After I put on so many coats and then give up, I then start washing with palomino gold which covers the yellow pretty well and then darker washes afterwards.  

8 hours ago, Warlady said:

Beautiful job and a great set!

Thank you Warlady! It’s fun to paint one of these old blister packs!

They are awesome all together. I really like the expression on her face and the attention you give to detail like her eyebrows. Again, you did a beautiful work all around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

They are awesome all together. I really like the expression on her face and the attention you give to detail like her eyebrows. Again, you did a beautiful work all around.

Thanks Metalchaos! 

They are small minis but the faces are large enough and the eyes are sculpted well enough that they are not overly difficult to paint. My problem has always been that I usually get one eye and eyebrow perfect (usually the left as I look at the mini) but then have a problem with the right side. I’m left-handed so other people maybe have the same problem but on the opposite side?

• Like 1