Sign in to follow this  
NyarlaBcn

size comparison of old giants and new giants?

I just discovered that - at least with fire giants - there is at least two versions; one of them labeled as "huge". 

I was interested on the fire giant king. Right now, I only have the frost giant king. No "huge" label, yet exactly the same price. Are they the same size? What's the difference - besides a slightly better sculpt - among "normal" fire giant king or "huge" fire giant king? 

Sorry if that subject should be posted somewhere else or has already been answered; I couldn't find any releated topic (or better yet, a photo comparison) 

• Like 1

The "huge" Fire Giants were the Bones 3 sculpts and iirc rescale of the Bones 1 Fire Giants after Reaper got some experience with the new material and a better understanding of what they could do sizewise.  My understanding is that all of the Bones 3 and 4 giants are scaled the same.

• Like 4

I see; so my Frost Giant King (that one https://www.reapermini.com/search/giant king/latest/77591) is about the same size as the "huge" fire giants, isn't it? 

I just received my pledges of Bones IV and it's been a pleasure to see that Bones has improved SO much on quality since my previous experience with bones, back with Bones I. 

• Like 2

I have the old bones giants from the first kickstarter. Does anyone have a lineup pic of them next to the new ones. I searched around but came up empty

If you go to the Reaper Miniatures group on the book of faces and search for Giants, the 3rd post (by Emily C.) has a decent size comparison..

Wish I had a bigger image to share, but these are the huge fire giants with one original fire giant on the far right for scale.

Rv7J6Zs.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2019 at 9:49 AM, pduggie said:

I have the old bones giants from the first kickstarter. Does anyone have a lineup pic of them next to the new ones. I searched around but came up empty

This isn't the best, because the old ones are cut and pinned to be resized, but it shows you how much had to be added to get them up to height.

cutup.thumb.jpg.9dcbe72404620771091aea854a9a6f4d.jpg

• Like 7

Cool, thanks to all :) 

Now let's see if we can get some new ones. I like that they are releasing several fire & frost giants - and I've seen the stone ones from Bones IV - but I hope for some Cloud, Storm or even a Titan. Right now I'm not convinced about the couple we have, IMO the difference in size is not enough (Cloud & storm giants are the biggest type) and the sculpt, particularly of the Storm Giant, is not that exciting either...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NyarlaBcn said:

Cool, thanks to all :) 

Now let's see if we can get some new ones. I like that they are releasing several fire & frost giants - and I've seen the stone ones from Bones IV - but I hope for some Cloud, Storm or even a Titan. Right now I'm not convinced about the couple we have, IMO the difference in size is not enough (Cloud & storm giants are the biggest type) and the sculpt, particularly of the Storm Giant, is not that exciting either...

Have you seen these pics of new giant sculpts for an upcoming project by Reaper?

0BA9F0DB-DF77-4AAF-96A3-3D1557188E96.thumb.png.35c6abc3aa8150fd9ecc84a4ce419ae4.pngD7068DFE-6558-4CE4-802A-8FCBA4DBF449.thumb.png.ff873ce8fc423e72a1fd2a3142dcb781.png

Shown with Humanoid sized mini for scale.

46AA284A-4521-4C4C-8017-95C71A0770D1.thumb.png.855cff87783d021528c0b21bd67bab57.png7BACA8A4-B8FE-4578-966C-1952A3C5CAB8.thumb.png.03ec8f245d5af3db20bddb0e91bf24f2.png

Shown with the current version of the giant.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, NyarlaBcn said:

Wait, what??? 

Where is this from? Is the Bones Black Kickstarter sooner that I thought?

It’s from ReaperLive episodes from a few weeks back.

At this point its an open secret it’s for the as yet unannounced next Bones kickstarter.

We’ve also been shown a War Mammoth and a new dragon.

• Like 2

Ohh I see. 

I tend to stock these episodes and watch a bunch of them at once. I need to get up to date urgently! 

Really like the new storm giants. They look as big as they should be, nice sculpt & pose, it will be a must have.

• Like 3