Jump to content


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, IgwanaRob said:

 

Their entire online presence has become sad, and frankly embarrassing - especially since they allow their FB page to be such a cesspool of filth. It's been nearly 2 months since they released any information (and FYI REAPER - burying info in a twitch stream is simply not a good business practice). With the freebies this year being plastic vs. metal, there's even less reason to buy direct (if at all). It's truly disheartening as someone who like the products, and completely off-putting to new/potential customers.

 

 

Yes, I really hope there’s somebody on the forum and/or Facebook who is close enough to management at Reaper to tell them that things are really looking chaotic from a customers standpoint. They really need to put someone in place to be a permanent social media link, like Bryan was, before this new Kickstarter hits. 

 

Maybe someone going to Reapercon can tell them what’s going on. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

 

 

Yes, I really hope there’s somebody on the forum and/or Facebook who is close enough to management at Reaper to tell them that things are really looking chaotic from a customers standpoint. They really need to put someone in place to be a permanent social media link, like Bryan was, before this new Kickstarter hits. 

 

Maybe someone going to Reapercon can tell them what’s going on. 

 

Well they got something up there on FB, but I don't think that banner post really covers the extent of behavior that was irksome. It is on the "too little, too late" side.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

 

Well they got something up there on FB, but I don't think that banner post really covers the extent of behavior that was irksome. It is on the "too little, too late" side.

 

 

Yes, saw it. And as far as I can tell it’s not pinned so a lot of folks won’t even see it. 

 

1D1740AF-9D17-4B73-8D74-C80EE84607CD.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if it does get pinned, the way Facebook works is not ideal for communicating in that fashion. I think that's why there are so many posts about priming; newbies want to ask, so they ask. Facebook isn't exactly a forum; it isn't normal to go there to look for the pinned topics unless referred there for some reason. I don't really mind newbies asking questions either. They're innocuous.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What they probably need to do is assign some other moderators  like they have here on the forums, so there’s always someone on to moderate the nonsense.  I don’t know if it’s coincidence or deliberate, but it seems the nonsense on Facebook always occurs after Reaper business hours or on weekends when there’s no employee to check on things and nip them in the bud.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the advantages of the Twitch-cast is that We Know Where To Find Them. 

... on a regular basis, even.

 

And there really isn't anything stopping us from going and flinging emails at them, and literally ambushing them on the Twitch-cast. 

I'm all for a dozen or so of us going in and, very politely, mind you, saying 'hey, guys, you should take this in hand, it's starting to look bad', or something to that effect.

It's hard to argue with a bunch of people who're all being very polite and pleasant.....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Cyradis said:

 

Well they got something up there on FB, but I don't think that banner post really covers the extent of behavior that was irksome. It is on the "too little, too late" side.

 

Too little is spot on - they didn't even bother deleting the posts in question, leading to even more tools jumping on the bandwagon. Reporting them to FB does nothing, which is almost as pointless as reporting things to the admins...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IgwanaRob said:

 

Too little is spot on - they didn't even bother deleting the posts in question, leading to even more tools jumping on the bandwagon. Reporting them to FB does nothing, which is almost as pointless as reporting things to the admins...

To be fair, some of the posts were deleted, and it looks like some of the threads too, but I agree they didn’t go far enough. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, weird to see the Monthly Assortment Package, containing all of July's Bones 4.

 

I might take advantage of something like that in the future, but I don't think this one's for me.  There are just a handful of these minis that I'd want.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

To be fair, some of the posts were deleted, and it looks like some of the threads too, but I agree they didn’t go far enough. 

 

According to the notifications I’ve just been receiving, Reapers still going through the cleanup of their Facebook page.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did manage to get a bit off-topic on this one. Whoops.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now they've got a lot of the bigger stuff like the barge, Thunderfoot Behemoth, and Argent, with previous July releases seemingly taken down.

 

Some very exciting stuff, but I'm a little confused as to what's going on.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like all of the ones that are currently up, (have to click on figures>Plastic figures to see them) are not in retail packaging. Note that they all have SKUs starting with 17xxx, which is an SKU range I'm not familiar with,  and are not the 77xxx of the normal bones releases or the 4xxxx of bones black.

 

That said it appears that all of the following were listed and most now have pictures indicating they're not packaged for retail sale (so most likely the very limited quantities left over from the KS) 

Zombie Dragon,

Dance of Death,

Skeletal Dragon,

Thunderfoot Behemoth,

Blacktooth Terror,

Stygian Barge,

Nyarlathotep,

Argent,  

Rathuros 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

Looks like all of the ones that are currently up, (have to click on figures>Plastic figures to see them) are not in retail packaging. Note that they all have SKUs starting with 17xxx, which is an SKU range I'm not familiar with,  and are not the 77xxx of the normal bones releases or the 4xxxx of bones black.

 

That said it appears that all of the following were listed and most now have pictures indicating they're not packaged for retail sale (so most likely the very limited quantities left over from the KS) 

Zombie Dragon,

Dance of Death,

Skeletal Dragon,

Thunderfoot Behemoth,

Blacktooth Terror,

Stygian Barge,

Nyarlathotep,

Argent,  

Rathuros 

 

 

 

Wow, those prices are really close to Kickstarter levels...unlike what the leftover boxed sets were!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

 

 

 

Wow, those prices are really close to Kickstarter levels...unlike what the leftover boxed sets were!

Apparently they're being cleared out at late backer pricing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×