Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Reaper Ron

June Bones Black Promo Mini: Garghuk the Ogre!

Recommended Posts

Who else noticed the animation of the Ogre on the main page of Reapers online store?

I thought it was kind of neat with it being so subtle.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Who else noticed the animation of the Ogre on the main page of Reapers online store?

I thought it was kind of neat with it being so subtle.

Whew I thought I was going slowly crazy  as the picture of the Ogre was coming to life...

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, amuller33 said:

Whew I thought I was going slowly crazy  as the picture of the Ogre was coming to life...


Same.  I only caught it in the end of the animation the first time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 6:11 PM, amuller33 said:

Whew I thought I was going slowly crazy  as the picture of the Ogre was coming to life...

 

Mission accomplished. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:34 PM, Lidless Eye said:


Same.  I only caught it in the end of the animation the first time.

 

Freaked me out for a second because it was also at the end of the animation for me too and my brain was swearing it saw him move, but he just sat there still as can be.

Ogre...jerk.

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Diggle said:

Any hint at what the next months figure might be? *shopping cart intensifies*

This guy.

861927C8-9785-48CB-81FD-AB4988EC27A8.jpeg.b88ec32da72c55436b2c9f4f9dbc9e13.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s already up on the front page of Reapers online store.0E786E41-DBC7-468A-BB78-2EA6509D07B7.thumb.jpeg.e58b7825fbc55c59f79661b003399bfe.jpeg

 

It seems a bit early to show him there. I’d wait on placing any orders if he’s the bonus mini you want.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really funny coincidences here. Well they’re funny to me anyway.

 

Reaper is basing their new Dungeon Dwellers line on sculpts from the old Dungeon Dwellers line from Heritage, which Reaper later bought out.

 

The very first minis I ever bough was this box of adventurers.

B1895E36-3BA1-4D5B-924C-69484D684C53.thumb.jpeg.7498c2db8da95f5b72470e4021a086f1.jpeg

 

One of the very first minis that I ever painted, 39 years ago, was this monk.

BAFCFB3D-36BC-4F3E-94CD-08532031392B.thumb.jpeg.91975d7d630bb184ae9417f33eae8936.jpeg

 

And it tickles me to no end that Reapers studio painted one is such a close match to my old colour scheme.

 

97F45996-B8C8-4FC6-BC47-1B5F19B369E8.jpeg.fc7e9f8fa12c50ac266327cb86a49249.jpeg

 

And woo boy have mini sculpts ever evolved since that time.

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be nice if reaper could let us  buyers know , what they a planing to release in july and which free miniature comes with it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Really funny coincidences here. Well they’re funny to me anyway.

 

Reaper is basing their new Dungeon Dwellers line on sculpts from the old Dungeon Dwellers line from Heritage, which Reaper later bought out.

 

The very first minis I ever bough was this box of adventurers.

B1895E36-3BA1-4D5B-924C-69484D684C53.thumb.jpeg.7498c2db8da95f5b72470e4021a086f1.jpeg

 

One of the very first minis that I ever painted, 39 years ago, was this monk.

BAFCFB3D-36BC-4F3E-94CD-08532031392B.thumb.jpeg.91975d7d630bb184ae9417f33eae8936.jpeg

 

And it tickles me to no end that Reapers studio painted one is such a close match to my old colour scheme.

 

97F45996-B8C8-4FC6-BC47-1B5F19B369E8.jpeg.fc7e9f8fa12c50ac266327cb86a49249.jpeg

 

And woo boy have mini sculpts ever evolved since that time.

I hope they continue. I could use a few crusader types.

 

I love this guy though. It's one of the classics of the old D&D genre and it's rarely represented these days as clerics with their numerous specializations have, at least visually, become similar to fighters, paladins, and other classes.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The monk/cleric moves too!!!

 

*goes back to the front page of the online store to watch repeatedly*

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really enjoying these simple, 80's retro-style minis - I hope to see all those "Dungeon Dwellers" in Bones, plus plenty more!   They go nicely with the "Old School Revival" style games that are popular right now, from a time when classes like "Elf", "Dwarf", "Thief", and "Fighting Man" were, are, and shall be again!  Miniatures have gotten very busy and edgy since then, which is cool - there've been a lot of great modern sculpts over the years!  But, i kind of miss the way those old-school heroes used to look, and I kind of miss the old-fashioned RPG book/'zine artwork....

Edited by YronimosW
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...