Glitterwolf

Getting to Know You JUNE 2019, brought to you by WOOF.

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 20th.

What games do you play with your minis?

And if you can't or don't game, what do you do with them?

I no longer game. Gaming ended with my hearing loss more than twenty years ago.

I paint et al for the love of the craft. I don't display the stuff for a variety of reasons. I tend to give it away...love is supposed to be given away.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 20th.

Formerly just RPGs, though I have battlegroups/crews for Warmachine and Malifaux that never get used because I have no one to game with. Same with some Kings of War armies, though they can always be used for RPGs.

Mine usually sit in my clear plastic totes once I am finished with them. Or get given away as gifts.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 20th.

The game I probably actually play most often with miniatures painted for the purpose is Battletech. I'm close to one game per month there.

I role play, but I have more or less given up on keeping up with RPG needs for miniatures, so tokens, pre-paints, and other cheats dominate the table. Once in a while something fully painted makes a triumphant appearance, so that's good.

After that, the next most likely is DropZone Commander, which I played a lot before the game went quiet after getting acquired by TTCombat. I mention it because the brand new 2nd edition is about to drop, and I'm sure my local group will at least try it. (Also DropFleet Commander, but I haven't enjoyed it as much in the few games I've played.)

I have aspirations to playing Kings of War, but I am beginning to think I will never paint a complete fantasy army for any game ever again, even if I live to be 100.

Painting for display has fewer hard requirements on what I do and when I do it.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Question June 20th.

At the moment Frostgrave, Rangers of Shadowdeep and Armies of Arcana. In the past most of the GW games and dabbled in a bunch of others. When not gaming (which for many years was the norm) I continue to collect (and collect and collect), paint and organise them on shelves and in boxes dreaming of the short times when they will be played with. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Question June 20th.

Over the years, just about everything that has seen print.

Recently: D & D

Frostgrave

Chain of Command

The Men who would be Kings

And a set of my own invention loosely called "Fantasy Horse and Musket".

When I'm unable to game I talk to my miniatures and, frequently, THEY ANSWER BACK.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Far too rarely some of my Kingdom Death minis get used in games of Kingdom Death: Monster.

Mostly they stand in my display cabinet wondering why many of them are only partially painted.

Oh ya.. KD..  I have painted a couple of the monsters for that too.  No intention of painting the survivors as they are too transitory in nature.  ;-) :zombie:  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, klarg1 said:

After that, the next most likely is DropZone Commander, which I played a lot before the game went quiet after getting acquired by TTCombat. I mention it because the brand new 2nd edition is about to drop, and I'm sure my local group will at least try it. (Also DropFleet Commander, but I haven't enjoyed it as much in the few games I've played.)

Didn't the new book come out earlier this week, or am I mixing up books? 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 20th.

None. Many of them would be perfectly serviceable for the task, at least for D&D/Pathfinder, but I'm not playing much at the moment.

They sit on a shelf and collect dust. I'm looking into getting a proper display case so I can prevent the dust part. I do have fun thinking up stories of a Toy Story variety, with them coming alive when I'm not around/sleeping.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Didn't the new book come out earlier this week, or am I mixing up books? 

I thought it was supposed to ship on the 24th, but I may be off on the week. I placed a pre-order through another member of my local game group, so, to be honest, I haven't been paying close attention. It hasn't arrived *for me* just yet. ::P:

I have been playing around with their official new list editor. It's pretty clunky, but seems to work.

Edit: The forbidden commerce website says you are correct. Hopefully, i can collect my copy soon.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Question June 20th.

Primary D&D and Frostgrave.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Question June 20th.

They have been used for pathfinder, 13th Age, and 5E, but currently just sit around.

• Like 10

52 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

I thought it was supposed to ship on the 24th, but I may be off on the week. I placed a pre-order through another member of my local game group, so, to be honest, I haven't been paying close attention. It hasn't arrived *for me* just yet. ::P:

I have been playing around with their official new list editor. It's pretty clunky, but seems to work.

Edit: The forbidden commerce website says you are correct. Hopefully, i can collect my copy soon.

Buying the starter box set (plus new rules) is on the list for me.  Hoping by the end of the year to purchase such, since it's my "backup reason" for wanting to spend several hundred dollars over at Uncertain Scenery for a bunch of their game board tiles.  I really like the look of Craig's stuff, especially the "somewhat sillier" tiles like the parkade entrance (it's an entrance for a build parkade, off of a straight road) and Courtyard (a sunken Courtyard, with complimentary underground shopping centers - shop decor would have to be added, but still). 

Tiny details like that are lovely to see added in ^_^ plus I like how his boards are 2" thick, which adds noticeable height (especially compared to TT Combat's 1.18" layers - although they're coming out with a few more tiles soon too) 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Rahz said:

Oh ya.. KD..  I have painted a couple of the monsters for that too.  No intention of painting the survivors as they are too transitory in nature.  ;-) :zombie:  

I tried painting my Survivors but gave up, now one rawhide wearing set represents all of them.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 20th.

None.  I'd like to use them for gaming but... it looks like I'm going to need to get a new job (or retire) before I can game again in person.  (And in-person BattleTech games are hard to find these days...)

So, right now, I paint them and then put them away.  Thrilling, I know.

• Like 8

I need to sit down and try and figure out Warlord. I certainly have enough Reaper minis to build several armies, and it would be nice to have friends over and play some fast games. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1