Glitterwolf

Getting to Know You JUNE 2019, brought to you by WOOF.

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question 25th June

What kind of mini ( Style, Race, Faction) do you miss? 

As in, not enough choice, isn't produced at all or too few.

I am not quite sure what you intend the question to be.

If you mean what miniatures that were produced & no longer are, along with some already mentioned, I miss Edward Surren's WONDERFULLY imaginative historical & quasi-historical Willie Miniatures.

If you mean miniatures that aren't available/made & may never have been, I would LOVE to see more Faerie Folk a la A Midsummer Night's Dream

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, malefactus said:

I am not quite sure what you intend the question to be.

If you mean what miniatures that were produced & no longer are, along with some already mentioned, I miss Edward Surren's WONDERFULLY imaginative historical & quasi-historical Willie Miniatures.

If you mean miniatures that aren't available/made & may never have been, I would LOVE to see more Faerie Folk a la A Midsummer Night's Dream

Actually both are valid answers!

Quoting this to let others know!

Thx for participating!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question 25th June

The "Unseen" from Classic Battletech. Thankfully we are seeing them reproduced again in the Robotech stuff and 3D printing.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Funny, I was just considering knocking one or two of these out the other day, but couldn't think of a way to make the danglely bits castable and yet still flumph-like.

Image result for flumph

Maybe have the tentacles be on sprues?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question 25th June

My thought are not restricted to minis, but the fantasy style overall.

Though the market is more focused on European style heroes battling villains and monsters, I feel that with the rich culture the world has, we should get more recognizable creatures from folklore from other places, or be classic classes/monsters with a distinct regional flavour based on traditional art (ex: traditional Chinese wizards look very different than the classic pointy hat and long bearded European wizard).

Fey and spirits are also underrepresented as minis (and modern adventures), yet there are countless stories and folklore about them constantly interacting with common mortals that aren't heroes. Be they secretive house spirits (both good and bad ones); fairies beckoning you to join their party; or just imps playing nasty tricks for their own entertainment.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Actually both are valid answers!

Quoting this to let others know!

Thx for participating!

My pleasure. Thanks for hosting the thread.

Funny, I was just considering knocking one or two of these out the other day, but couldn't think of a way to make the danglely bits castable and yet still flumph-like.

Image result for flumph

That looks pretty doable AND a bit like a mushroom.  I am going to have a try at it. If it turns out okay, I could send it to Pezler.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

This is one of those minis where I would think that using kindergarten craft materials would make an adequate flumph.

How about using a common shirt/pants button and glue on some string?

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Image result for flumph

article-2509830-19812E7F00000578-599_634

@TaleSpinner this thing ^ is called a Long Armed BigFin Squid. It is 26 feet long. Magnapinna Pacifica. 

Flumph / Squid ?  not a lotta difference. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Sculpting a flumph is not the issue.  Sculpting it so that it looks good and yet has fewer than 3 to 4 parts is the issue. We'll see; I have a lot on the plate right now.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question 25th June

Fimir!

s-l300.jpg

More hobgoblins!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Fimir!

s-l300.jpg

More hobgoblins!

Fimir!

I agree!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Image result for flumph

*flings suggestion*

Transparent/translucent material?

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question 25th June

I would really like more Oriental and South American monsters. Non 'classic' dragons would be nice too, like Linnorms.

Decent warrior Angel minis are few and far between too.

15 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I may never be a demigod of painting, but I have some form of divine inspiration when it comes to assembly (never had a bit break, always seem to get stuff attached). I'd be interested in seeing a pic of this wyvern (especially if it is an old Rackham!) and offering assembly strategies if you would like. You can always PM and we can discuss. ::D:

EDIT: Is it the Dragon Titan of Aarklash? Or the Cynwall Dragon of Lanever? Pleeeeease tell me it's one of those, they are so cool looking!

Thanks for the offer! It's the Cyndwall Dragon and unfortunately, he's currently in storage along with his bigger brother Titan. It's this one, for those who don't know what he looks like (not my photo).

image.png.49175d4e619b20a14d4f8cb38f68db64.png

The joint that I had problems with is the one that bisects the body, running just above the 'waist' of the wyvern. It's a really odd place to put a joint, considering the weight of the mini above that point (the wings are also metal). I have no idea why it was cast that way. Trying to drill into it is decidedly odd though, it's really easy to get a 'bite' with the drill, but it quickly goes to rock hard consistency that I can't get through at all. It's even worse than the old WOTC metal Black Dragon :zombie:

The problems with pinning the mini is actually the reason that I own it. The previous owner got so frustrated trying to pin the mini that they gave up and offered it to me for the bargain price of £20.

I really need to try and find them. I mean, I only moved a year ago so I should really try and organise all the boxes of minis somehow. I've got holiday time coming up soon, so I might just start a WIP thread for him or his big brother

Also @ManvsMini, if you love the old Rackham range I cannot recommend Age of Signum enough. The minis are gorgeous and really high quality. Apparently they have a dragon themed kickstarter comming soon...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question 25th June

Asian dragons.  Most dragon miniatures tend to be very western.  I would love to see some ridiculously long, serpentine/canine dragons that are coiled back on themselves in flight.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question 25th June

Generic Sci-Fi mini's. There's WH40K for sure, and the various not-WH40K produced by third parties, but finding a variety of soldiers, robots, aliens that aren't monstrosities, civilians, etc. ...something that doesn't have a setting or game attached to it is a pain. Robots in particular, both big and small are hard to find. I need something to stand against Khanjira!

Also, someone else mentioned big Angels/Celestials to square off against the big demons we have, that would also be something I'd like to see more of.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1