Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

77292 Giant Wererat

That is a WONDERFULLY painted Rat Fellow. Your colors are GORGEOUS, just the inspiration I needed for my own Big Rat. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zoroaster100 said:

This turned out great.  I really like the flesh tones on his hands.

I've applied two different washes on the skin. The first wash is a mix of the original Leather Brown skin color and a bit of Spattered Crimson, any red tone will do. Then, I applied a dark brown wash on the entire model before highlighting.

I'm glad you like it and find it inspiring, thanks for your comments.

• Like 2

Wonderful hands - the palms cross the humoid/animal in a nicely creepy way - great backstory about him being Hll Giant wererat, makes sense. Like those front teeth too! This pic is coming out if I ever get to painting this guy!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      "Even the man who says his prayers / Before going to bed at night /
      May turn to WOLF when the wolfsbane blooms / and the moon is high and bright." --Apocryphal rhyme

DOCTOR. A very pestilent disease, my lord,
      They call lycanthropia... 
      In those that are possess'd with 't there o'erflows
      Such melancholy humour they imagine
      Themselves to be transformed into wolves;
      Steal forth to church-yards in the dead of night,
      And dig dead bodies up: as two nights since
      One met the duke 'bout midnight in a lane
      Behind Saint Mark's church, with the leg of a man
      Upon his shoulder; and he howl'd fearfully;
      Said he was a wolf, only the difference
      Was, a wolf's skin was hairy on the outside,
      His on the inside...
       --The Duchess of Malfi

Body horror, puberty, loss of control, loved ones acting out of character, cannibalism, madness, things more savage and bloodthirsty than we thought man or beast could be--it's a rich vein of horror. The further back you go, the more blurred the distinction between vampire and werewolf and witch becomes, but as a general rule what we now consider to be vampires are specifically betrayers of hospitality and home; like de Rais and Bathory, they commit their crimes behind closed doors. Werewolves, on the other hand, are given to savagery outdoors, in the lanes, under the moonlight, in the moors and lonesome places.

It is appropriate then, that Julie Guthrie's werewolf 02139, is named DuChamps--of the fields. Here he is, in form much more wolf than man.

These two pictures are behind the Spoilers tab because, while Julie did not necessarily have to sculpt Jean-Paul's werescrote and transmogrified lycanthrodong, she did that. She did that for us, because she's a PROFESSIONAL and doesn't take shortcuts. I don't think it rises to indecency, but better safe. Will delete and link if the need arises.

Next up. the truly monstrous Werewolf, 77009. Those familiar with the role-playing game "Werewolf!" from White Wolf will recognize this as a Crinos form. Enormous, savage, horrific. This is about a 50/50 mix of Man and Wolf, but with the features dialed up to 11. I had fun painting hair on the smoother human limbs.

And lastly, a Nolzur's werewolf I had on the Shelf of Shame. This one is mostly human but with a wolf's head and claws. 

A note on the full moon: it's just a Nolzur's disc base painted white and poked with paintbrush ends of varying sizes during the drying phase to simulate craters. I may have to do some more of this with discs of different sizes and colors for Spacefuture shots, because multiple moons convey Other Worlds the way zeppelins convey Alternate Histories.
    • By Maledrakh
      From the first Bones kickstarter, or rather, a purchase I made soon after since I did not add on the "Fire Giant Warriors" subset.
      As I have written earlier, I am grinding through getting the older versions of the Giants painted, as the newer versions are both 1) better detailed, and 2) a lot larger. The idea is that if I do not get the older ones done before I start the newer versions, they will never be touched again. Which would be a shame, really.
      This is the only old version Fire Giant I have, as the ones from Bones 3 and out are the new size and design.

I went with red skin and firey hair and beard.
      The red is new Citadel Screamer Pink, Wazdakka Red and Evil Sunz Scarlet. The steel is Scalecolor Black Metal, Army Painter Plate Mail Metal and Army Painter Shining Silver. The gold is Vallejo Model Color Brass.

...and Char Donaye is only one wicket away from retaining the Ashes...

77179 Fire Giant Bodyguard
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 1 KS 2012
      Sculpted by Jason Wiebe
      Bonesium PVC.
      60mm round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By Cygnwulf
      ******EDIT : Jump to Show-Off thread

Everyone, meet Viridius.  

He's a hefty boi.  No Ma'al or Kalladrax, but still pretty big. He doesn't even fit in my light box, as you can see.   
      I've thought a long time about how I was going to paint him up, I don't think I'm going to go with the standard green dragon look.  Instead I'm going to take my inspiration from the time of year, and make him an autumn forest dragon, whose coloration changes with the forest around him.   So I'll be doing him in mostly golden yellows to oranges and reds, but keeping some greenish tones as the base of scales and other places, to kind of give a reminder of the verdent glory he was before.

One thing I'm choosing to see as an opportunity is that the tops of his wings are very smooth, ideal for some freehand work.  The question is, what to do?  Some kind of leaf like pattern, or perhaps a butterfly like eye pattern (in the leaf colors, of course)

Out of the box bag he was in pretty good shape.  The usual mold line cleanup, though he has some gaps that will need to be filled.  I followed up with reshaping the wings a little with some boiling water.  I forgot to get a complete before picture, but below you can see the before and after for the right wing

I've had to fully assemble him, I don't like the way the wing joins look without greenstuff, so that's going to be the first order of business.  So painting around the wings might be a chore, but it's nothing I haven't dealt with before (Although, not in recent history)

I begain the gapfill on the right side, but after sticking a finger in greenstuff twice and having to flip him back to touch up the texture, I decided to call it a night and do the left side gaps later.

• By Cygnwulf
      So I had this idea that Viridius was a forest dragon, and that his scales would color with the leaves of his trees.  I started on him about 6 months ago and finally finished him this weekend.  Big pictures so i'll spoiler most of them but I'm very happy with how he came out.  Going to be doing some additional work on my basing game in the future.
      Pictures are the best I can do at this time, he's way too big for my photo box, so I did my best to set up some canvases around to reflect light around as much as I could.

Want more? Here's the WIP thread 
    • By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, I recently had the pleasure of realizing that I inadvertently bought the same Gnoll model twice. So, I decided to convert two of them to create a little variety in my hunting party. Read the text under each picture to have more detail. This post was purposely written as a guide for any who would like to try their hands at converting Reaper Bones model or any other models.

I used two 77236 Bloodmane the Gnoll Warrior sculpted by Tre Manor, 77235 Toghra the Gnoll Leader sculpted by Jason Wiebe and 14056 Weapon Pack 1 sculpted by Tim Kaufman.

I first separated the dagger handle from the body. Just a simple notch did the trick.

I then cut the trunk along the belt.

Again, on the other side of the model, I cut the body following the belt as a guide.

I have this hollow feeling in my stomach...

Same thing for Toghra, cut the body along the belt line.

I drilled a hole in Toghra’s lower section and cut a small nail to pin the two parts together.

I drilled a hole in Bloodmane’s upper body section and tested the pin in.

I glued the pin in the leg part. I’m using Gorilla Super Glue.

I then removed the handaxe cutting the handle just above the fist. I keep it for later use.

The tricky part is to drill a hole in straight line through the fist. I had to use a small drill bit, smaller than the new weapon handle not to tear the plastic.

I used a slightly bigger drill bit to get the hole a little larger.

After cleaning the mold line on the new weapon, I cut the handle in halves in order to keep the pommel intact.

I had to use a file to reduce the diameter of the handle.

Also, I removed two spikes from the shield to alter its aspect from the one the other Gnoll Worrior is wearing.

Finally, I’m using a piece of wooden stick to adjust the posture of the model on its base.

I often use this simple trick to level my models. I use super glue to fix the parts together.

I’m using 40mm round base for the Gnoll. These models are large and even if there in game space size is 25mm, I personally prefer larger base to have more room for decoration.

That’s it, I’ll need to fill the gap above the belt and along the shoulder.

I’ll also be using Greenstuff to fill the gap and complete the base before cleaning everything with soft soap and water prior to painting.

I added some notches on the cutting edge of the original Gnoll’s plastic axe. I’ll be using it as a battlefield wreck weapon to decorate the base.

• Who's Online   28 Members, 2 Anonymous, 224 Guests (See full list)