72moonglum

Ral Partha Northern Female Barbarian

I like the freehand!

Dragon/Demon/Bull it doesn't matter, it looks great!

And I like the firm look she has, nobody is going to mess with this girl!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I like the freehand!

Dragon/Demon/Bull it doesn't matter, it looks great!

And I like the firm look she has, nobody is going to mess with this girl!

Thanks Glitterwolf, even though I have huge doubts about my freehand.  Those nostrils almost look to me like two olives!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 72moonglum said:

Thanks Glitterwolf, even though I have huge doubts about my freehand.  Those nostrils almost look to me like two olives!

Hmm, Come to think of it, if you look at it upside down it kinda looks like a monstrous insect and the nostrils become eyes.

Anyway, I like it!

18 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hmm, Come to think of it, if you look at it upside down it kinda looks like a monstrous insect and the nostrils become eyes.

Anyway, I like it!

Insect came to mind as well for me, but certainly wasn’t the intention. Oh well, at least it’s not just a plain orange shield!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Beowulfthehunter said:

Looks great. What is your Chainmail and Flesh recipe?

Thanks!

I typically start with X color and then go do darker washes, and then highlights afterwards up to white.

If I recall for this flesh it was started as Tanned Highlight, and then from there went down:

Tanned skin

Tanned shadow

Dark highlights

Dark Skin

Dark Elf Skin

Dark elf shadow

walnut brown

and then from tanned highlights going up, did

fair skin

fair highlights

pure white

With the chainmail and metal in general the base color was ashen blue and then went down:

soft blue

dark elf skin

dark shadow

dark elf shadow

pure black

and from ashen blue, went highlighting:

cloud grey

rainy grey

misty grey

ghost white

pure white

Hope that's helpful!

2 hours ago, Iridil said:

Great face, hair, boots. I like the shield - seems barbarian appropriate!

Thanks very much Iridil!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, vhaidra said:

Great job as always! Love the face and especially the freehand at the shield.

I kind of wonder about my freehand, but thank you very much in any case!

• Like 1

Great paintjob on a cool old figure! The freehand design on her shield looks good, IMO.:winkthumbs:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Great paintjob on a cool old figure! The freehand design on her shield looks good, IMO.:winkthumbs:

Thank you Chaoswolf! Still not quite sure what it’s supposed to be!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now