Nice start!

The skin is nice, you could apply a little flesh wash to bring more depth maybe.

Moving right along. Yaw got any good recipes for cool white and warm white? And what is that weird cylinder thing?

20190604_204028.jpg

20190604_204111.jpg

20190604_204125.jpg

On 6/2/2019 at 3:18 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Nice start!

The skin is nice, you could apply a little flesh wash to bring more depth maybe.

There's actually a good bit, the flash is just screwing with it. That said, I'll probably be revisiting it before I'm done.

• Like 12

The Cylinder is probably where she stores her specimens

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The Cylinder is probably where she stores her specimens

So it's a Specimen Jar?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

But what would it be made of?

Leather or glass maybe!

• Like 1

You’re off to a nice start. I love the rich blue. The concept art for this figure shows the cylindrical container as maybe wicker. Some other herbalist figures and images show them with some sort of wicker pack to carry their harvest. So maybe that is what it is meant to be.

342E9232-8B8B-4F52-83A6-89F9650C0D03.jpeg.fd515c98837a8cf01eecb599d0db8645.jpege

Edited by Lostraven
  • Like 10

13 hours ago, Lostraven said:

You’re off to a nice start. I love the rich blue. The concept art for this figure shows the cylindrical container as maybe wicker. Some other herbalist figures and images show them with some sort of wicker pack to carry their harvest. So maybe that is what it is meant to be.

It's unfortunately molded smooth and I have absolutely no idea how to do a free hand wicker weave.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

It's unfortunately molded smooth and I have absolutely no idea how to do a free hand wicker weave.

I am not an expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one time...

@Wren had some good advice on how to apply fabric texture, which would be close to what I would try to do: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/74421-how-to-painting-fabric-fabric-texture/

My gut instinct says that this would be a good exercise to attempt some texturing, and I don't think it should be too challenging as the shape is a single cylinder. Maybe someone more experienced with textures would be able to chime in, as I am far from a texture expert. Otherwise I would eyeball some reference pictures of what looks cool and try to replicate that. Just depends on how much time you want to sink into that part, but as it is molded it is a a simple cylinder that will need a bit of love to have it appear interesting.

Worst case scenario is you reset and cover the crosshatching and go with leather or alternatively glass.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Al Capwn said:

I am not an expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one time...

@Wren had some good advice on how to apply fabric texture, which would be close to what I would try to do: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/74421-how-to-painting-fabric-fabric-texture/

My gut instinct says that this would be a good exercise to attempt some texturing, and I don't think it should be too challenging as the shape is a single cylinder. Maybe someone more experienced with textures would be able to chime in, as I am far from a texture expert. Otherwise I would eyeball some reference pictures of what looks cool and try to replicate that. Just depends on how much time you want to sink into that part, but as it is molded it is a a simple cylinder that will need a bit of love to have it appear interesting.

Worst case scenario is you reset and cover the crosshatching and go with leather or alternatively glass.

I was actually starting to think wood might be the way to go.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

I was actually starting to think wood might be the way to go.

"When in doubt, paint it brown," is a valid strategy.  Anything stiff but somewhat breathable would be reasonable.

• Like 3