Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Here was a quickie.
The bats are mainly drybrushed then cleaned up with lining.
Then I did the gravestone using Michael Proctor's tips about lots of different colored washes.
It was a bunch of diluted GW Shades and Glazes, then re-lined the stone with Weathered Stone.
I liked it so much, I tried it on the bats themselves to add some interest.
To support my Undead army ( noticed I really love the Undead by now?) I painted up a unit of three swarms.
2 bat swarms and a Murder of crows.
Speed painted, so not really great. But fun I think.
I sold them afterwards to make more room for my 20 minis.
A friend handed me a Reaper bat swam and asked me paint it.
Of course that reminded me of the 3 Bat Swarms that were primed and waiting to be painted for use by the hubby in his Undead army.
Might as well paint them all at once.
So here we have 4 Reaper bones Bat Swarms. The 3 on square bases are the Undead proxies.
Fast table top, lack luster phone photos. Enjoy!
CC always welcome.
NomadZeke's October Challenge "Whatever you get from the Reaper Halloween treat bag, and finding a way to utilize all the special edition paints with it."
Since I haven't completed anything lately and I got a Treat from Reaper I figured I speed paint one of the minis I received to meet the Bonus Challenge this month. I took it a bit further and limited my palette to the special paints and nightmare black.(however I cheated a bit as I made a brown wash and used it on the gravestone and ground to give them a bit of depth). I picked Nightmare black rather than a dark brown or black as it would play nice with mixes and give me a green when mixed with Pumpkin Orange.
The before photo with the paints.
And the paintwork, nothing fancy simply slathered nightmare black on everything and once dried mainly dry brushed the bats and grave stone. Then I went back with slightly thinned paints and picked out a few areas with the orange and pink. Then it was simply mixing my nightmare black with pumpkin orange for the green on the ground and highlight it with pumpkin orange. The moldy skin did make an appearance on the bats themselves with a dry brush but it is mainly featured on the skeletons with a highlight of spectral white.
All in all I spent just under an hour, managed to use all four new paints and now have a bat swarm painted for the game table. I may put them on a proper base the next time I am basing something else.
Thank you Reaper for the Halloween Treat and Thank you NomadZeke for the challenge as it was a perfect excuse to use all the new paints and limit my palette a bit.
Who's Online 25 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)