Jump to content

Bones 4 First Living Statue (Amazon) NSFW


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first post!

Also, good job on the statue!  Nice marble effect.

 

As far far as I know the statues don’t have an official stock code yet.

 

Thank you Chris!

 

Roger that on the stock code. Appreciate the info.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Nice job.

Since you are new here, I have to inform you that nudes are not permissible on the forums.  You can self-censor the pics yourself and repost them.  But if a mod sees this they will remove it.  

 

 

Oh, thank you very much for the heads up! I didn't think to check the rules first about nsfw content as I assumed it being a Reaper model things would be okay. 

 

Thank you for calling my attention to this. I'm certainly interested in honoring the guidelines of the community. 

 

EDIT:

After giving the guidelines post a quick read through, it looks like even censoring the pictures myself is NOT okay as per the mod's post. The recommendation is to provide warning and then link to an external site. I hope I've followed the rules correctly now. 

Edited by I'mHere
Read rules and followed through
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, I'mHere said:

 

 

Oh, thank you very much for the heads up! I didn't think to check the rules first about nsfw content as I assumed it being a Reaper model things would be okay. 

 

I guess I'll leave it up for now and simply let it get taken down when it does. I'm not too familiar with how I'd go about censoring it myself. Simply wanted to share.

 

I'll make sure to give the rules a thorough read moving forward and won't post any more uncensored material.  Again, thank you for the information. 

 

First of all, Welcome to the Forum.

Second, good job, I like the marble.

 

As for the nude minis

You can post them, but not directly.

 

Post a little warning: Linked for Nudity:

Then:

You need to upload this to a hosting service like Photobucket/Imgur/Postimage.org, then just post the link here.

People will click on the link to see the pics then and that is allowed.

Direct is not allowed.

It would be a shame if your first post got modded, so I would link it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

First of all, Welcome to the Forum.

Second, good job, I like the marble.

 

As for the nude minis

You can post them, but not directly.

 

Post a little warning: Linked for Nudity:

Then:

You need to upload this to a hosting service like Photobucket/Imgur/Postimage.org, then just post the link here.

People will click on the link to see the pics then and that is allowed.

Direct is not allowed.

It would be a shame if your first post got modded, so I would link it.

 

Hey thanks for the clarification! That's what I just read myself and I think I made the proper adjustments. (mightve gone overboard with the warning, but I wrote it before seeing your more low-key example, hahaha!) I had already made up an imgur link for it as I posted somewhere else as well, so this was an easy change. 

 

I appreciate the compliment on my work as well. : )

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, I'mHere said:

 

Hey thanks for the clarification! That's what I just read myself and I think I made the proper adjustments. (mightve gone overboard with the warning, but I wrote it before seeing your more low-key example, hahaha!) I had already made up an imgur link for it as I posted somewhere else as well, so this was an easy change. 

 

I appreciate the compliment on my work as well. : )

 

 

I hope to see more of your work!!

Stick around and have fun!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
3 hours ago, I'mHere said:

 

After giving the guidelines post a quick read through, it looks like even censoring the pictures myself is NOT okay as per the mod's post. The recommendation is to provide warning and then link to an external site. I hope I've followed the rules correctly now. 

 

Perfect, thanks.  The rules are in place because the forums are intended to be more family friendly than Reaper's own line of products.  Reaper really wants parents to be able to allow their kids to browse here without worry.

 

By the way, you did a fantastic job on that painting.  It looks just like the travertine tiles in my bathroom. I love it.

 

Oh, and before I forget, welcome to the forums.  I hope you find it to your liking and that we get to see more of your work.  If you have any questions or issues just ask.  

 

Andy

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, I'mHere said:

EDIT:

After giving the guidelines post a quick read through, it looks like even censoring the pictures myself is NOT okay as per the mod's post. The recommendation is to provide warning and then link to an external site. I hope I've followed the rules correctly now. 

Hmm...They must have changed it.  Guess I better go read it again lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

 

Perfect, thanks.  The rules are in place because the forums are intended to be more family friendly than Reaper's own line of products.  Reaper really wants parents to be able to allow their kids to browse here without worry.

 

By the way, you did a fantastic job on that painting.  It looks just like the travertine tiles in my bathroom. I love it.

 

Oh, and before I forget, welcome to the forums.  I hope you find it to your liking and that we get to see more of your work.  If you have any questions or issues just ask.  

 

Andy

 

I think that makes complete sense to me, and I'm happy to abide by the rule! Just taking a look around the forums a bit, this seems to be a really special place and having a forum open enough to allow nudity while still creating boundaries to keep the place safe for youth is a pretty meaningful goal in my eyes. : )

 

Thanks for the compliment and welcome! I'll keep in mind your offer about asking any questions.

 

6 hours ago, Venun said:

With the amount of warnings to the NSFW-ness I was almost dissapointed to see such a statue-like statue, haha xD

Looks amazing, great marble effects!

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that got me laughing pretty good! Thanks!

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good.  The marbling adds a lot to the figure, though I think the lines are a little heavy for the scale of the piece.  With practice and layering you can develop very fine marbling techniques. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By AlonTey
      Half-ogre fighter from Bones 4!  Initially thought this model was going to be a gunmetal from top to bottom but it hides a surprising amount of variety with little patches of skin, leather, wood and...in my case at least, scales hidden throughout.  SKU provided is for the metal version, doesn't look like this fellow is getting a release outside the Kickstarter?
       

    • By MoonglowMinis
      Here's a fun and simple one for you this week!

      Owlbears are one of my favorite D&D creatures.  They're just such a silly concept and I love them.  Any scenario were I could use a bear, I swap out for one of these guys instead.  However, despite owning several different owlbear models, I have avoided painting them for a long time out of fear of ruining them.  Finally decided to give one a shot.
       
      Reaper Bones 4: Lowland Owlbear (77674)
       

       
      More Photos Below
       
      What kind of Owls should I use as inspiration next?
       
      What mini did you put off painting for too long?
    • By Lostraven
      This is Mavaro, Iconic Occultist sculpted by Bobby Jackson from the Bone 4 Core Pathfinder Iconics II subset. This is now available on the Reaper store as SKU: 89051. He reminds me of a bard who went for oration as his talent.
       

    • By MoonglowMinis
      A winter storm buried my part of the globe in snow last night so I'm filling a bit chilly.  So today's the perfect day to show off these frigid little birds from Bones 4.
       

       
      More Below the Spoiler:
       
      These were a fun little set, though they took me longer to do than I anticipated.  So much black and white really killed my motivation.  Glad they're done and decently satisfied with the results.  They make a nice addition to my winter collection.  If you want to see more of my wintery minis, check out my ongoing Frostrun Project Here
       
      How's the weather where you live?
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Arrgh!  This week we be havin a dreadful lot o' ghostly pirates that'll be sendin shivers down yer timbers.
       

       
      This accursed crew of damned delinquents are the Ghost Pirates from Bones 4, or the soon-to-be-released Ghosts of the Drowned Nymph (77745) and the Shades of the Drowned Nymph (77747).  I painted these up similarly to the way I painted the spiritual glow of my Demi Lich.  But I didn't want them to all just be blue so I went for a transitional look.  As if they are materializing out of the ethereal plane.  They may have looked fine either way, but I tend to enjoy lots of colors in my minis.  I also chose to paint over nearly all of the translucent material.  I think I'm officially in the paint-over-it camp.
       
      Read on for More Photos:
       
      These guys were quite a bit of fun to paint.  Check out their WIP and my other piratey minis here.
       
      Which ghost is your favorite?
       
      Also, where do you stand on the translucent mini debate?  Paint over them?  Washes and drybrush?  Or leave them as is?
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...