Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Well its time to start planning for CAV-CON 2019 and while we work on updating the web site (www.cav-con.com), I wanted to share with you some of the events we have planned this year!
All CAV-CON 2019 events are FREE, though some may have a limit to the number of participants allowed.
Paid admission to ReaperCon is required.
- Group Painting sessions allowing our staff painters and some great fans out there to help improve your painting techniques!
- Open Gaming every day from open to close! We will have some great boards set up for you to try your luck!
- Lots of Learn-To-Play/Demos of CAV: Strike Operations throughout the show!
- An exclusive Learn-To-Paint CAV table! Grab a FREE mini, some paint and a brush and show us what you got! Keep the mini when your done!
- Our first Warmaster (Mini)Tournament on Friday!
- 2019 First Strike Tournament sponsored by Talon Games! The CAV-CON First Strike Tournament for 2019 will allow 16 players to match their wits and skill against one another in a full day (Saturday) of gaming and comradery.
The tournament is a Level II, Silver-Tier event allowing for CAV and vehicle models. Rules and info can be downloaded here: http://www.talon-games.com/downloads/FIRSTSTRIKE2019.pdf
- Painting Contest! Talon Games will be sponsoring a series of awards for those entries featuring one or more CAV models (see categories below) in the ReaperCon Master Series Paint Open. For more information on the MSP "Rules," go to: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/forum/23-reapercon/
- Best Individual CAV Model: Any single-model figure.
- Best CAV "Squad": This category allows for multiple models (minimum four models) as part of a cohesive unit.
- Best CAV Diorama: This category covers models with a scenic base where the entry is telling a story to the viewer and may include multiple models.
- Talon Games will be there in the Vendor Room with lots of cool CAV stuff and will be releasing the 2019 Special Edition CAV-CON metal miniature at the show!
- An exclusive 2019 CAV-CON T-Shirt!!! (I wonder what color it is this year???)
- And MUCH, MUCH more! Keep an eye here and www.cav-con.com for future details as they are available!
Well here it is part the 66th Legion of the UTF ready for deployment
Stored away in a purpose build wooden box with steel paper bottom (all Cavs have magnetic sheet on bases)
Been fun sharing the progress of the army and has been a good incentive to keep it going.
If your interested heres the thread as I did each batch with some close ups of each type of Cav
I'm currently nearing finishing my UTF '66th" army and I was wondering how many of you use infantry in games I've just picked up some PA, PA panzerfaust, Reg Inf & Reg with Hvy weapons so by my reckoning thats 3 bases from each pack so 12 bases, 6 each of PA and regular infantry, is this enough generally or do you use a lot more?
I'll Add my painted figures to the UTF thread when they are ready
I was looking on the internet for some buildings to use with my Cav forces so having a look at the scale a lot of reasonable models pre-painted came up as well as the 4ground ones you need to put together yourself then I came across these ready damaged buildings. And theres a few different variants and they don't break the bank either.
looks a nice kit comes flatpack and easy to just clip together, the Cav is for scale and as you can see not bad, just deciding whether to spray it then add some burns marks for recent damage or weathering to make it a bit more like the ones that I've seen done for drop zone commander with all the foliage on them.
what do people think will use this topic to show any progress with my painting
Who's Online 26 Members, 3 Anonymous, 82 Guests (See full list)