Ardeus

Ardeus Encounters The Forumites

Hello Forumites,

I have been a long-time lurker, first-time poster.  I have been following the forums quite consistently for sometime now, and joined back when Ladystorm posted the survey to determine one of the Bones IV update topics.  I have truly loved reading all of the funny and thoughtful comments, getting inspired by all of the great work, and learning new techniques from each of the tips and tutorials.

A little about me (since I feel like I already know so much about some of you),  I grew up in Utah, spent a couple of years in West Texas (Lubbock, Midland, Amarillo areas).  I went to the University of Utah for Accounting, and moved out to Northern Virginia to join one of the big four accounting firms.  My wife and I have two kids, a son who finished Kindergarten today, and a daughter who is a year-and-a-half.

I grew up playing the MageKnights tabletop game.  Later in life I started playing D&D.  I attempted using my MageKnights for D&D figures, but wasn't happy with how the big bases fit on the one inch squares (and I didn't want to rebase the figures as I do like to still play MageKnights occasionally). Which lead me to discover Reaper Miniatures and I have been hooked ever since.

I was about three days too late to join in on Bones III, but was a happily satisfied Bone IV backer.  My wife purchased the learn to paint kits for me as a birthday present shortly after I pledged for Bones IV.  I really enjoyed painting the figures and learning the techniques.

I really look forward to being part of the community and interacting with all of you in the future.

All the best,

Ardeus

Links to works I have painted:

Learn-to-Paint Kits

Ebonwrath (77102)

Rhino (77587)

Dwarf Mounted Battle Mage (77575)

Colossal Skeleton (77116)

Edited by Ardeus
Added links to Show Off posts
  • Like 21

Welcome to the Reaper forums Ardeus.

I hope you enjoy yourself here.

If you haven’t already, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the forum board rules:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/63672-board-rules/

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 6

51 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Welcome to the Reaper forums Ardeus.

I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Thanks @Darsc Zacal.  I have really been enjoying reading the forums, and am happy to finally be participating.

15 minutes ago, TripleH said:

Welcome. Pleased to meet you.

Thanks @TripleH.  I'm happy to meet you as well.

• Like 5

Hail Fellow and Well Met!

>Tentacles swaying back and forth over our Desert Hideaway<

GEM

Any chance you will make it to ReaperCon?

• Like 4

Welcome to the Forum!

Have fun and stick around!

• Like 5

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

Remember the golden rule: if you're having fun, you're doing it right.:winkthumbs:

• Like 7

No, I'm pretty certain the rule is 'If you're having fun, share it with everyone else'...  

(In other words; post WIPs and Show-offs)

• Like 8

Welcome!

Don't mind the goblin and make sure you have a vacuum handy to clean up after @Glitterwolf when he runs through your threads.  

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Welcome!

Don't mind the goblin and make sure you have a vacuum handy to clean up after @Glitterwolf when he runs through your threads.  

...and we're not quite sure if @Pezler the Polychromatic is fully house broken yet...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Welcome!

In case someone else hasn't told you, things written in purple around here are intended in jest.  Jokes, asides, that sort of thing.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Welcome!

Hrmph! My fur is all natural and doesn't shed much..

*** Hides cans of glitterspray***

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

Remember the golden rule: if you're having fun, you're doing it right.:winkthumbs:

I thought the golden rule was "don't steal my stuff or I'll cut you".  

Have I been doing this wrong?  It seems like somebody should have told me I was doing it wrong.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I thought the golden rule was "don't steal my stuff or I'll cut you".  

Have I been doing this wrong?  It seems like somebody should have told me I was doing it wrong.

NB: Don't worry about the goblin. He's belligerent, but he has tiny, little arms.

He's like a kindergartener with a kitchen knife. A homicidal, sociopathic kindergartener.

:rolleyes:

• Haha 11