Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Shadowphaze

First time at Reapercon

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Shadowphaze said:

I don't want to die by the hands of a goblin of all things.

 

Spiders. Just get some spiders & you'll be fine. :)

10 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

 

Yyyyyeeeesssss... but when we went tp the factory last year we were told that multipart figures couldn't have all their parts cast.  That sounds as weird to me as it does to you, so I did specifically ask for clarification that it was any multipart figure, in catalog or not, and was told that's how it is.  Or was.  It may be different this year, who can say?  

 

I heard that was some miscommunication amongst the employees.  It should be normal as normal is at Reaper this year. Granted it could change of course.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy snack food you could turn into lunch.  There are two grocery stores near the hotel.  If you take classes immediately before and after lunch, you may not have enough time to go somewhere to get lunch (even to the hotel restaurant) in time for your next class.

 

If you don't have a car, you have some options for dining.  In addition to the hotel restaurant, there's a Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen close by.  I recall hearing an IHOP is being built nearby and is expected to be open by ReaperCon.   If you're willing to walk half a mile, you have some other options, including In-N-Out Burger, Raising Cane's, and Chipotle.

 

If you go walking (to a grocery store or restaurant), last year, they didn't have much in the ways of sidewalks, so plan accordingly.  It's possible they've added sidewalks since then.  The weather in Denton last year was comparable to the weather in Raleigh, hot and muggy, so you may want to bring a water bottle to help you stay hydrated.

 

 

Last year, if you went to the Reaper store at their factory (this is part of the tour), they would be willing to ship things for you back home for the cost of shipping and packaging.  They did this as a courtesy and may not offer it this year.  I recommend asking someone there about it before relying on it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe a new bowling alley has opened up and it looks to be practically in the hotel parking lot. They sell food, according to their website, may be an option too

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Last year, if you went to the Reaper store at their factory (this is part of the tour), they would be willing to ship things for you back home for the cost of shipping and packaging.  They did this as a courtesy and may not offer it this year.  I recommend asking someone there about it before relying on it.

 

It's always good to ask to be sure, but it's something they've been doing for awhile so it's probably going to be the same this year.  Also, I'm not sure if you meant to imply it in your wording, but just for the sake of clarity you don't have to be on the tour to ship stuff home you just have to go to the factory (while it is open, of course).

 

Edit:  This is also usually quick and easy - unless you happen to be a homeless goblin trying to figure out how to get UPS to deliver to a house address that is just a slightly-cooked bare foundation, and you won't be home for 3 weeks to sign for it, and you have to try and arrange for it to be inercepted before it goes back into the system and you're in a foreign country so every kind of account you have detects an unusual IP signature and locks you out so it can send security questions to your phone that was lost in the fire.  

 

Then it's a bit of a challenge.  

 

 

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 3
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Buy snack food you could turn into lunch.  There are two grocery stores near the hotel.  If you take classes immediately before and after lunch, you may not have enough time to go somewhere to get lunch (even to the hotel restaurant) in time for your next class.

 

 

The hotel rooms come with mini fridges, microwaves, and coffee makers.  There's a lot you can do with that if you need to. There's also a coffee shop in the lobby that sells portable hot and cold drinks and food-like substances. 

 

Someone already mentioned a notebook. Bring one and takes notes in class. You are here to learn, after all. 

 

There are a couple other first-timer threads from previous years here in this forum. They are worth hunting down and reading. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

 

It's always good to ask to be sure, but it's something they've been doing for awhile so it's probably going to be the same this year.  Also, I'm not sure if you meant to imply it in your wording, but just for the sake of clarity you don't have to be on the tour to ship stuff home you just have to go to the factory (while it is open, of course).

 

Edit:  This is also usually quick and easy - unless you happen to be a homeless goblin trying to figure out how to get UPS to deliver to a house address that is just a slightly-cooked bare foundation, and you won't be home for 3 weeks to sign for it, and you have to try and arrange for it to be inercepted before it goes back into the system and you're in a foreign country so every kind of account you have detects an unusual IP signature and locks you out so it can send security questions to your phone that was lost in the fire.  

 

Then it's a bit of a challenge.  

 

 

wow! How did that old Hee Haw song go? "if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all" :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 2:11 PM, Doug Sundseth said:

 

Nobody is paler than Maggotcrown. They're almost corpse-like in their visages.

 

I chose Maggotcrown for this very reason. My vapiric skin tone will be on display in the Texas heat.

 

My first ReaperCon as well, I'm looking forward to it.

 

EC

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EvilCleric said:

 

I chose Maggotcrown for this very reason. My vapiric skin tone will be on display in the Texas heat.

 

My first ReaperCon as well, I'm looking forward to it.

 

EC

Ironically, I went with Light's Hand for this reason too.

 

I'm so pale that I believe I'm actually starting to glow.

 

You guys will be getting sunburns if you stand to close to me.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EvilCleric said:

I chose Maggotcrown for this very reason

 

See, this right here is why I said we River Widows need to control the shade, the drink machines, and the food.  It's Texas, in August.  Victory is easy!  All we have to do is present a fair and thoughtful choice:

 

Help us win and we'll give you ice cream and cold beverages.

 

Work against us and we'll make you chase roadrunners in the parking lot until the sun bakes all sanity from you.  

 

Widows Faction is best, most benevolent faction.  Join us or fry!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time attending as well! Really looking forward to it, seems like it's gonna be a great time.

I chose Maggotcrown as well when I bought my main ticket, but when I signed up for classes it asked me to choose a faction again so I picked another one.
Is that gonna mess up my first choice? Or will I be somehow part of two factions?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, snk666 said:

First time attending as well! Really looking forward to it, seems like it's gonna be a great time.

I chose Maggotcrown as well when I bought my main ticket, but when I signed up for classes it asked me to choose a faction again so I picked another one.
Is that gonna mess up my first choice? Or will I be somehow part of two factions?

 

If you go back to your order email confirmation and then click the grey bar to gain access to your Growtix order confirmation page. Once on that page, scroll down until there is a blue bar "edit additional information" click this and you can change or update your faction at anytime.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this won't be my first Reapercon, but it will be the first since 2009 or so. I remember Sonic on the factory floor, and trying to park under the cell tower, it's been that long. I look forward to joining in the revelry. (go River Widows!)

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, anvil said:

 I look forward to joining in the revelry. (go River Widows!)

 

 

You are an anvil of refined taste and good character, not at all like the other, peasant, factions.  Welcome to The Winning Team with all the other Cool Kids.  You get full shade and ice cream privileges.  Apparently everyone gets water because I'm told it's against the spirit of the thing to win by denying our foes necessities of life.  <_<

 

 

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

 

You are an anvil of refined taste and good character, not at all like the other, peasant, factions.  Welcome to The Winning Team with all the other Cool Kids.  You get full shade and ice cream privileges.  Apparently everyone gets water because I'm told it's against the spirit of the thing to win by denying our foes necessities of life.  <_<

 

 

River Widows!!! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...