Reaper Ron

ReaperCon 2019 Class Tickets Go Live June 8th!

1 minute ago, Inarah said:

OK, got it.  Even though I had logged in to Growtix, when I went to purchase I was suddenly NOT logged in. Once I did that my registered class slots showed up.  Thanks Oneboot for reminding us to "add 1" to the total to be purchased. 

Oh! Right, sorry, I totally forgot to mention that the same thing happened to me; I had to log out/in when classes went live (since I was logged in before); refreshing the page didn't do the trick.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Uh... that's actually possible this year. That's what I did at least. I do have both admission tickets for the two of us under one account.

Not sure it's a feature or a bug that I could do that.

Yes, technically you can do this, but we didn't want to show this because if you don't go back into Growtix and manage the schedule for both people correctly, (meaning attaching the purchased tickets to the correct ticket holder) then it could be an issue when you are at registration at ReaoerCon. If you choose to do this, please make sure you manage your scheduled items and purchased tickets to the correct person under your account.

Edited by ReaperAHawk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Inarah said:

OK, got it.  Even though I had logged in to Growtix, when I went to purchase I was suddenly NOT logged in. Once I did that my registered class slots showed up.  Thanks Oneboot for reminding us to "add 1" to the total to be purchased. 

I hope next year it is possible to purchase tickets for all persons under one account at the same time.  After I bought my tickets I had to go through the whole thing again for DH.  

I had to do the same things.

This is a kludgy system, to the point of frustrating.

GEM

Somebody needs to give them a dictionary with the term "user friendly" highlighted.

This hearkens back to the days of Windows 98 and trying to fill out primitive online forms.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ReaperAHawk said:

Yes, technically you can do this, but we didn't want to show this because if you don't go back into Growtix and manage the schedule for both people correctly, (meaning attaching the purchased tickets to the correct ticket holder) then it could be an issue when you are at registration at ReaoerCon. If you choose to do this, please make sure you manage your schedule items and purchased ticket o the correct person under your account.

Ah. I should have everything straight then on my end. Already had edited things over to her, even the bonus items.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

It's probably entirely too late now, but is there any chance of just a simple, step by step list written out here?

4 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Having just watched the video, I'll take a shot at it, tossing in other info that I know:

1. Purchase your ReaperCon admission ticket.
  2. From the confirmation email or by Viewing Orders from the GrowTix website, log on to the GrowTix website.
  3. Select View Order for ReaperCon 2019.
  4. On the Admission Pass line, click Register for Classes.
  5. Select the classes you want by clicking the Register/Add to Schedule button
  6. Once all the classes are selected, at the top I would select the Account drop down menu and select My Schedules
  7. Select the View Schedules for the person you're buying classes for.
  8. (From the video, and when classes are live) Select the Purchase Add Ons button.
  9. (From the video) Change the quantity to 1 the number needed for each class (I have two tickets for two people, so got 2 class tickets for the two of us)
  10. (From the video) Scroll down and enter your billing and credit card information (I hope this is pre-populated by GrowTix!)
  11. (NOT from the video) Fill out the Captcha.
  12. (NOT from the video) Click whatever completes the transaction
  13. (IMPORTANT!) Repeat steps 3-12 for each person you're buying tickets for!

Now, my *** on line 9 is a question:

If I want to actually buy two tickets for the same class for myself and the other person I bought an admission ticket for, would I be able to have a quantity of 2 and assign the second class to that second person already on my account? This would be similar to the way the admission tickets were purchased.

I honestly don't expect an answer until it's too late, so I'm going to try that myself.

EDIT: I have purchased 2x class tickets in a single transaction. I can edit that (the Edit button to the right of the class title) to another person (in this case, my wife) so that we are both assigned a ticket to the class.

Thanks Pegazus.

That was nice of you to do that. 

I have not purchased an admission ticket so I have no shot. Total Fail. Also, given how complex it is...not sure I could have been bothered.

It is just easier to give up. 

Edited by TGP
  • Sad 5

In the time it took me to fail mobile, and log onto my computer, 2 of my classes sold out. :down::down:I I will hope for the 2 open spots the night before. 

On a positive note, I got 7 other classes for myself, and the GBO's first 4 painting/sculpting classes ever! So that's exciting! 

Edited by Marineal
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Marineal said:

In the time it took me to fail mobile, and log onto my computer, 2 of my classes sold out. :down::down:I I will hope for the 2 open spots the night before. 

On a positive note, I got 7 other classes for myself, and the GBO's first 4 painting/sculpting classes ever! So that's exciting! 

I'm getting the same problem.

Classes shown as available. I register. When comes the time to pay for them, all of my classes say they're SOLD OUT. I go back to the main registration page, and they're still available (some do show that registration is complete, so I don't bother with them).

What gives? Is our zeal in this registration madness so powerful?

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 1

Just now, Cranky Dog said:

I'm getting the same problem.

Classes shown as available. I register. When comes the time to pay for them, they're SOLD OUT. I go back to the main registration page, and they're still available (some do show that registration is complete, so I don't bother with them). What gives?

Because we have it set to "unlimited" for registration. Once a class is sold out then we need to go back and toggle that registration for the scheduled item as full. It's alot to manage right now. It's just me and Ron doing it this weekend...fielding emails, DMs, Comments on Facebook, Forum questions...and updating Growtix. all at the same time..Please be patient wit us. Thank you. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I've been following the instructions from Facebook, but every time I click "purchase add-ons", I get to a checkout page with nothing on it, and a message saying "nothing was added to cart". I am also logged out on that screen.

I haven't checked all my registered classes, but at least one of them shows as no sold out. Is this a common problem? Am I really dense?

This is my first time through the GrowTix system, so maybe it's just me?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

I've been following the instructions from Facebook, but every time I click "purchase add-ons", I get to a checkout page with nothing on it, and a message saying "nothing was added to cart". I am also logged out on that screen.

I haven't checked all my registered classes, but at least one of them shows as no sold out. Is this a common problem? Am I really dense?

This is my first time through the GrowTix system, so maybe it's just me?

Make sure you are logged in when it takes you to the next screen. You may need to log back in, then click view schedules. Not entirely sure why it may log you out, but it may have done that. Or make sure you have a growtix account, if not sign up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ReaperAHawk said:

Make sure you are logged in when it takes you to the next screen. You may need to log back in, then click view schedules. Not entirely sure why it may log you out, but it may have done that. Or make sure you have a growtix account, if not sign up

I'm measuring my login by whether it says my name, or "login" at the upper right of the screen. As far as I can tell, everything is smooth until I get to "Purchase Add Ons".

I'll try re-logging into grow-tix to see if it helps. I had no trouble buying a badge when they went live. (Clearly other people are able to buy tickets too.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

I'm measuring my login by whether it says my name, or "login" at the upper right of the screen. As far as I can tell, everything is smooth until I get to "Purchase Add Ons".

I'll try re-logging into grow-tix to see if it helps. I had no trouble buying a badge when they went live. (Clearly other people are able to buy tickets too.)

It's also easier to do this on a computer rather than mobile...easier to see everything in one shot...well for me anyways cause I'm old LOL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ReaperAHawk said:

It's also easier to do this on a computer rather than mobile...easier to see everything in one shot...well for me anyways cause I'm old LOL

For what it's worth, I am using Firefox 67.0.1 on MacOS 10.14.3, on a laptop.

Logging in again on the empty cart page took me back to Growtix, but another pass through the whole process allowed me to actually buy a ticket, so it seems to work... eventually.

Thanks for responding so fast!

6 minutes ago, ReaperAHawk said:

Also, I've met you. Unless something terrible has happened since RCon 2017, you ain't old!

Edited by klarg1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TGP said:

I have not purchased an admission ticket so I have no shot. Total Fail. Also, given how complex it is...not sure I could have been bothered.

FWIW, there are a LOT of classes still open.  At least 100 classes still have available seats.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

FWIW, there are a LOT of classes still open.  At least 100 classes still have available seats.  

The problem is that only looking at the class schedule/registration page, many of the classes show they have room while they're already sold out.

Of the seven classes I selected, only three (two now) were not sold out when it came time to pay, with no indication prior to that moment.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1