Reaper Ron

ReaperCon 2019 Class Tickets Go Live June 8th!

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Uh... that's actually possible this year. That's what I did at least. I do have both admission tickets for the two of us under one account.

Not sure it's a feature or a bug that I could do that.

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Ah. I should have everything straight then on my end. Already had edited things over to her, even the bonus items.

Hopefully I did it right, correcting the names was significantly easier than purchasing the class tickets.  

For anyone who is struggling to log in, there was an email that you need to check to verify your account.  Or something.  I don't know if it is necessary, but I would look into it if you have unexpected difficulty logging in.

• Like 4

Darn it. Didnt know classes were opening up this weekend. None of the ones I want are available anymore.

• Sad 9

15 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Darn it. Didnt know classes were opening up this weekend. None of the ones I want are available anymore.

Same. I had a class picked out as "I'm interested" in almost every timeslot... ONE of them wasn't full when I checked this morning to see if we had an update on when they were going to be on sale.

• Sad 3

This thread should probably be pinned so those looking for the link and/or instructional video on how to buy classes can find it. :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 2

The class I wanted (Advanced Quick Layering on Friday at 3:00) shows that it is open, but when I go to buy it it says it is full.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

The class I wanted (Advanced Quick Layering on Friday at 3:00) shows that it is open, but when I go to buy it it says it is full.

As far as I can tell, the registration process is updated manually, and @Reaper Ron had been shutting down registration for sold out classes over the weekend. It's conceivable that he missed a few. (Also, if you were already registered before he shut it down, you will stay registered until you remove yourself.)

When you go to actually buy tickets from Growtix, it only lets you add available tickets to your cart. Everything available will show up with a pull down for number of tickets desired.

Your event schedule ("My Schedules") is based on registered classes, rather than purchased tickets. That means if I am working on adding classes to my schedule, I need to have both the classes I have, and the classes I want registered, but I have to remember which is which so I only buy tickets I want, not duplicate tickets for classes I have. If I try to fix this by unregistering classes I have already purchased, that works, except that I can't put them back into my calendar later, because registration will be closed, so I can't see my actual ReaperCon schedule unless I wrote it down on my own.

I am assuming this whole thing is because GrowTix doesn't allow class/event registration to come with a price tag up front, but, in my opinion, the result is a very clumsy and confusing system.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

I am assuming this whole thing is because GrowTix doesn't allow class/event registration to come with a price tag up front, but, in my opinion, the result is a very clumsy and confusing system.

That should be Growtix's tagline. 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

Every time I use GrowTix I feel like I'm taking an IQ test that's nothing but trick questions.  I mean, I followed the video and that didn't work so I decided to try doing it as if I was completely ignorant and thought it worked through illogical sorcery.  

That worked instantly, so I figure I'm now in good with the evil spirits that infest the site.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, klarg1 said:

As far as I can tell, the registration process is updated manually, and @Reaper Ron had been shutting down registration for sold out classes over the weekend. It's conceivable that he missed a few. (Also, if you were already registered before he shut it down, you will stay registered until you remove yourself.)

When you go to actually buy tickets from Growtix, it only lets you add available tickets to your cart. Everything available will show up with a pull down for number of tickets desired.

Your event schedule ("My Schedules") is based on registered classes, rather than purchased tickets. That means if I am working on adding classes to my schedule, I need to have both the classes I have, and the classes I want registered, but I have to remember which is which so I only buy tickets I want, not duplicate tickets for classes I have. If I try to fix this by unregistering classes I have already purchased, that works, except that I can't put them back into my calendar later, because registration will be closed, so I can't see my actual ReaperCon schedule unless I wrote it down on my own.

Yes, you are right, we are behind when it comes to disabling the registration for sold out classes. We chose to have it set to unlimited this year. Next year we won't (I don't think), but that also means if you don't pre-register for that class, you won't be able to by a ticket at all....meaning next year, if we only allow 12 pre- registrants, then those 12 people will be the only people to purchase those class tickets.. We didn't do it that why this year because we wanted as many people to register for a class and have the same opportunity to buy the class tickets when they went on sale.

On the "My schedules" part. I would delete any classes you registered for if you didn't actually buy tickets for those classes. Registering for a class is building your schedule for ReaperCon....meaning having Growtix build that schedule for you as reference all in one place for ALL scheduled events.  There is talk next year disabling that feature so you won't have to pre register for classes but go straight to buying classes. This though, you will need to make your own schedule outside of GrowTix. These issues aren't a GrowTix issue...its how we as ReaperCon are using this system. There are many ways to use it. We talked a very long time about the scheduling/registering/buying of tickets before it went live and we still chose to go this route because we figured most people would want a quick access in one location for ALL scheduled events. This is also why we made a short video on how-to register/buy class tickets. We can have more discussions at ReaperCon for future ReaperCons regarding this issue.

Thank you @klarg1 for helping everyone on here regarding the GrowTix system

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@ReaperAHawk Thank you for the insight.  I know you guys put a lot of thought in to it.  I'm going to put some thoughts below and I really hope you take this as me trying to be helpful and not just as complaining.  

While the video was great, honestly I feel like any ticket purchasing system that needs a how to video that people are still struggling to follow does need to be reconsidered moving forward.  

22 hours ago, ReaperAHawk said:

Yes, you are right, we are behind when it comes to disabling the registration for sold out classes. We chose to have it set to unlimited this year. Next year we won't (I don't think), but that also means if you don't pre-register for that class, you won't be able to by a ticket at all....meaning next year, if we only allow 12 pre- registrants, then those 12 people will be the only people to purchase those class tickets.. We didn't do it that why this year because we wanted as many people to register for a class and have the same opportunity to buy the class tickets when they went on sale.

I don't think this is the solution.  I don't think limiting them in this way is going to be a great idea, because this would allow people to 'camp' on tickets.  If I'm the fastest finger as soon as scheduling comes open, I can grab that ticket and then potentially never buy it.

some additional notes:

1. Not being able to link to the schedule page, log in to my GrowTIX account, and schedule classes.  I have to log in to my account, go to my purchases, scroll down and find the purchase that was the Reapercon ticket (not the Pizza dungeon ticket, and not any other classes that I may have purchased but specifically the one that was the Reapercon ticket), then click on that, THEN I can click on the link to see the class schedule and actually put them in my schedule. This is a lot of steps just to get to a list of classes that I can do anything with. 
  2. Adding classes to the schedule is actually pretty easy.  I have mixed feelings on not being able to put more than one thing in a time slot in my schedule though.  While I totally understand not wanting someone to actually buy tickets to two different classes at the same time, it would have been nice to have been able to put my second choice on the schedule too, that way if when I get to the check out phase my first choice is sold out I don't have to go through the hurdles of going all the way back and unscheduling the first class just to add a second.  If when I add the second I get a message that says "Hey, you are already scheduled for something in this slot, are you sure you know what you're doing?" that would be great.
  3. Likewise, it would be very nice if I could still add full classes to my schedule.  Maybe with a warning that there are no available tickets, are you sure you want to do this . For example, I may want to try to take Julie's sculpting armor class and be planning on trying to buy one of the additional two tickets you're going to put on sale at midnight, so I may want to 'save' that timeslot on my schedule so I don't schedule something else during that time in case I do manage to get in.  
22 hours ago, ReaperAHawk said:

That means if I am working on adding classes to my schedule, I need to have both the classes I have, and the classes I want registered,

this is also a concern. When I go to the purchase add-ons screen I still see the ability to purchase tickets for classes that I've already purchased that aren't full yet. I don't want to delete these from my schedule because I did purchase a ticket but it's easy to get confused between what I have and have not purchased on this screen

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Dear friends at Reaper ,

I would love to come to Reapercon, but unfortunately . North America isn't around the cornor . and Dutch disablement benefits are not that high, that I can affort a ticket to Texas.

Perhaps you could be as kind as to consider a reapercon europe . I would be greatfull

• Like 1

I was up in the mountains in Colorado without internet access, and, the night before registration began, had luckily come down and checked the status of class registration.  So, I was sitting in a place that provided access, had reviewed and practiced the registration process, had triple checked my "registered" classes, was pumping in coffee to stay awake, and, for the first time ever, got all my classes.

It required the planning of a typical military campaign.  Only slightly less than D-Day.  Registration is definitely not intuitive and, probably, I was able to squeak into classes because others were still trying to figure out the process.  It was much easier than last year; however, it was significantly different than last year.  I hope we don't have to learn a new process year after year.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 9:35 AM, Highlander said:

It required the planning of a typical military campaign.  Only slightly less than D-Day.  Registration is definitely not intuitive and, probably, I was able to squeak into classes because others were still trying to figure out the process.  It was much easier than last year; however, it was significantly different than last year.  I hope we don't have to learn a new process year after year.

Somehow the stars aligned for me too. I registered on my phone, while walking to a restaurant in a downtown area. I was sweating a failure, but none hath appeared!
And ditto on it not changing again next year (unless it becomes a simple "amazon" like experience with 1. Browse, 2. Add to Cart 3. Checkout and done!)

Edited by Mnemonic

Ah ha! This explains why I was trying to add tickets to my cart tonight and it said they were available, but when I went to check out, they said they were sold out.