Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Awaken Realms Etherfields

I was pretty happy with the resins I got from them, and I got the early resin Funeral witch when they released it last spring.. came in a nice wooden box with an assembly sheet

It's Awaken Realms. They're pretty much all going to be pvc if past experience is anything to go by :(. Lovely sculpts. Not so lovely production values. In my experience the large miniatures were pretty gorgeous but the human sized figures were less so (skinny limbs & weapons, mould lines running down a face or visible seams along an arm etc).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

It's Awaken Realms. They're pretty much all going to be pvc if past experience is anything to go by :(. Lovely sculpts. Not so lovely production values. In my experience the large miniatures were pretty gorgeous but the human sized figures were less so (skinny limbs & weapons, mould lines running down a face or visible seams along an arm etc).

They've said there's going to be a resin option for a few minis in the pledge manager, unfortunately they haven't said which ones. 

It's worth going in for a $1 to get in the PM.. thats what I had to do for the resins I got from them in a previous KS..  Tainted Grail was lacking in resin options so I'm glad it was only for $1

I ended up interested in this one as a actual game, so I'm in for base game + monster set (some of those monsters are wacky enough that I want to own them, even if the final versions are not that great).

I'm in for now, but still need to do some research.  Have to say that a stretch goal gap of $375,000 is pretty extreme for that one Harpy miniature.

1 hour ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

I'm in for now, but still need to do some research.  Have to say that a stretch goal gap of $375,000 is pretty extreme for that one Harpy miniature.

Hopefully it's just an attempt to not run out of stuff before the campaign ends, there's already been a few odd gaps like that $250k for a box one.

Honestly, I wish more companies would go down the Middara route and just do a stretchgoal a day regardless (although I know that's not a popular opinion).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Hopefully it's just an attempt to not run out of stuff before the campaign ends, there's already been a few odd gaps like that $250k for a box one.

Honestly, I wish more companies would go down the Middara route and just do a stretchgoal a day regardless (although I know that's not a popular opinion).

I agree.  I'm enjoying the Middara campaign quite a bit.  With Awaken Realms (and CMON), I've always gotten the feeling that they set the stretch goal gaps based on how quickly they are gaining money.  And this one in particular, they didn't even tell us what the gaps were until they were FAR past some.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

I agree.  I'm enjoying the Middara campaign quite a bit.  With Awaken Realms (and CMON), I've always gotten the feeling that they set the stretch goal gaps based on how quickly they are gaining money.  And this one in particular, they didn't even tell us what the gaps were until they were FAR past some.

Sadly we appear to be in the minority. 

Discussions I've seen elsewhere about Middaras campaign have been full of people complaining about how boring it's been, to the point where some were considering pulling their pledge.

I just don't get the whole "Kickstarter as entertainment" thing.  

I understand Kickstarter as entertainment. I follow some projects as entertainment. 

I don't really decide to back or pull out of a project based on that, though.  Unless I just want to pay $1 for updates.

I'm finding Etherfields rather dull.  And I get the idea of a narrative gameplay experience, but I think I'd rather just read a book.