• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rahz
      As an entry to @Glitterwolf’s painting Pandemic challenge I figured I’d try something a little different.  I printed up this scaled-down nurse from Silent Hill.  Plan is to have her with a wall that is flaking away (crackle paint is the intent here) and dirty tile floor.  

a long time ago (I swore I had it bookmarked but alas...) I found a write-up by an individual who painted up some amazing veiny zombie skin using batting as a mask for the airbrush with the dark bruised colours going on first before adding the skin tone overtop.  Since I can’t find the reference, I’m going on trial and error and some fuzzy memory.  

im going to have to be very careful with the cleaver as it is less than 1mm thick. 

primed white and her dress was then covered with tape to minimize cleanup later. 

A good vibrant purple (mix of warcolours Violet 5 and Vallejo game air alien purple). Never planned on painting a zombie purple before.  

Then I hit it, using some batting that I teased and stretched out with Vallejo game air electric blue.  The right, her left, leg turned out better but it’s more splotchy than veiny.  I feel for the skin layer I’ll need a finer mesh (more space between) but thicker strands.  Will have to play with the batting to see what I can come up with.  

Thinking of priming up a couple plastic spoons to try this on to see how things turn out before I attack her.  Hope to start some work on the base tomorrow night. 

Thanks for looking.  

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Yes! We can do it again! Let's make a tank! Let's make a beautiful tank!

Once again, it's a diorama project based on a game scene, once again, it's Combat Mission.

In this particular diorama, the commander of a Panzer III M is a reallylucky  person. In a shootout during the Let's Play of German wargaming channel "TaktikfuchsTV", his Panzer III got hit around 20-25 times, prompting everyone to believe that this particular tank was dead. And I mean ... DEAD!

But to everyone's surprise, the crew reentered the vehicle and drove away - going like:

Here's the scene:

Kauder reenters his tank (In German)

So I got me a commanders figure and a tank ...

First off, some pictures to see what this project will look like:

So I got me a Panzer III from Tamiya and started to do some minor conversions ... and over the course of one afternoon, this vehicle was finished.

I am really proud of those selfmade smoke launchers.

The vehicle will be displayed with open hatches. That's a challenge due to the really lame interior, but that's not a problem. I'll use colors to make the less detailed parts dark and the detailed parts white - I hope that will work!

Tomorrow I'll go over the armor and do the shell damages. The only thing I am not certain about is the frontal armor provided by the spare tracks.
      I don't know how those look when they are hit. They are pretty massive and I simply cannot imagine them looking the same way as a normal armor plate when hit.

I've got to dig deeper into it.
    • By Jasper_the_2nd
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bombshellminis/bikes-and-bots-3d-printable-tabletop-models?ref=user_menu

Story
      FREE Robot Model!
      Just for checking out our BIKES & BOTS Kickstarter Campaign you can download this FREE HLpR Bot model and print it now!
      Download your FREE HLpR Bot model now! Revv up your Rocket Bikes and get your Bot on with this collection of retro Atomic Sci-Fi inspired vehicles and robots ready to populate your tabletop games!
      This campaign provides quality character & vehicle miniatures, scatter terrain, scenic pieces, and more for you to print at home on your own resin 3D or FDM printers. The rewards are for digtial STL files to print the models shown and are inteneded to be used in the most popular tabletop gaming scales such as 28-32mm. There are many items that would be suitable for all manner of sci-fi, atompunk, dieselpunk, and pulp miniatures games and RPG settings.
      PLEASE NOTE - This Kickstarter is for digital files (STLs) to make all these items on your own home 3D printer - these are not physical items ** 
      Sample 3D printed robots Sample 3D printed robots  Here are all of the model STL files you will receive, plus any unlocked stretch goals, alternate modular parts, and bonus models added over the course of the campaign.
    • By GlenP
      This Bombshell Miniatures' 75mm resin Tara purchased at last year's ReaperCon. She's actually a skosh over 80mm. She's also listed as 1/24th scale, which puts her a tad over six feet. The kit is four pieces - body/legs/upper arms/head, lower arms incorporating a head and sword, and a small rocky base.  The body is well toned with noticeable muscle definition. My example had a large resin blob hanging down betwixt her legs (the one time I don't check a figure for issues/parts). Anywho, Dremel to the rescue. I routed out the blob and reshaped her thighs. Since her skirt is very short, I painted in a pair of expensive solid black tactical La Perla boyshorts. Nuthin' but the best... The rest is of the casting was fine although the sword scaled out to over 40 inches and was too thick. I took some of the length off and thinned it down. I also added a scabbard, since none was included. An odd omission... I also added a secondary weapon in the form of a boot knife. The skin tones are the new Bones colors and, since she has a barbarian look about her, I imparted a somewhat dirty and sweaty look to her - no smooth boudoir look transitions here. I also toned down the highlights in her hair - barbarian vs shampoo commercial. I did add a bit of makeup to her face (contradictory, I know). All other paints are Reaper's MSPs. The base was extended with Aves Apoxie Sculpt, stippled with an old oil painting brush with kitty litter rocks and pebbles. I added pointed ears to the severed head, and painted it using the Dark Elf Skin triad.

Qs and Cs welcomed.

Glen

• By Pegazus
      Yes, a 2020 ReaperCon WIP! And a massive undertaking at that. I'm trying very hard not to nerd out and put this whole project into, er, Project. There's just so many pieces to keep track of, that maybe I'll just use this first post to keep track of things.

Some background stuff, starting with a quote from the "Paint a giant robot! Group WIP" where I wrote some of what's planned:

You can read the rest of that post here: Paint a giant robot post and a second one to see where I'm going with this: PLA print post in same topic

Biggest takeaway is that, while useful, my PLA printer can only do so much. I have a resin printer backed on Kickstarter, but considering it's now 3 years late, I don't think I should hold my breath on it ever showing up. Especially when I can get a new Elegoo Mars resin printer with more capability for relatively cheap (<$300). The PLA machine was bought with both hobby and household goals in mind, and it's served well. But the resolution just ain't there! More on that down the posts.

I also had the chance to gain some experience on  paper plants at ReaperCon (Main post for that in the Terrain section post here: Vellum Paper Plants - Alien Jungle (WIP)

Basically, I have the scrap booking machine to make my own alien plants:

Which now leads me to this WIP. This is going to tie all those pieces together. The robot WIP will still be to get a good camo scheme, but that print job is not going to be used for the final diorama. Instead, that will be the resin printer's job. So, let's break down the WIP work that I can see so far, and will be edited later to add things and mark completions.

Tasks to be completed:

Figures Needed
      Wight (being pulled down backwards, caught by hidden lines) Gremlin Unit 01 (stole a supply crate and ran; actually just bait to get the larger CAV to follow) Gremlin Units 02 and 03 (trip line pair, successfully snagging Wight across the chest) Gremlin Units 04 and 05 (trip line pair, successful across another part of the chest) Gremlin Unit 06 (burner unit, cut Wight's left gun in two) Gremlin Units 07 and 08 (trap door unit, hiding entrance to jungle path with camo doors strapped to them) Gremlin Units 09 and 10 (trip line pair, successful across right thigh) Gremlin Units 11 and 12 (trip line pair, broken cable across chest, possibly falling over from sudden jolt) Gremlin Unit 13 (ECM unit, some large radar dish looking thing) Gremlin Units 14, 15 and 16 (cargo units, loaded up with stolen supplies and headed out) Gremlin Units 17, 18, 19, and 20 (gun units) Gremlin Units 21, 22, and 23 (missile units) Gremlin Unit 24 (large gun unit) Gremlin Unit 25 and 26 (junked units; scavenged for parts?) Gremlin Unit 27 (2nd style missile unit) Gremlin Unit 28 (personnel carrier unit)  
      Wight Conversion
      Right Leg: cut from pelvis; reposition Feet: cut off both feet and swap positions since the tread is only on one foot Base: cut away from right foot, possibly keeping full base around left foot Left arm (maybe): cut gun into two pieces, having one falling to the ground after being cut by a heat lance/chainsaw rope  
      Details to be included
      Camo doors at front leaving marks on the dirt path, but hiding the ambush from the main trail Pieces of old broken larger CAV units around Wight gun cut in two, maybe showing inner details. May have to 3D print an add-on piece Dust being kicked up by the stolen crate (going to try using dyed cotton) IN WORK One cable snapping dynamically, with several bends and twists (superglue on thread?) Multiple vehicle tracks around camp Campfire and tents for people A latrine Other camp details (laundry, chairs, sports equipment, bored carvings, etc)  
      Jungle Plants (V=Vellum cuts, B=bought, S=Sculpted, F=Found, P=Printed)
      Large lotus flower like plants, but dry land and maybe odd colors with a large conifer cone growing from the middle (V) Jester hat plant (balls on stems around a central point) (V) COMPLETED Spiky yucca like plant (V) Jagged leaf plant (V) Tentacle plant (V) Tripod trees (three spoke trunks) (V) Large palm fronds (S) Coral like trees (P) Horn tree (lots of horn shaped leaves from a central trunk) (P, V) Ball vine (like ivy but with odd leaf shapes) (V) Cabbage-like jungle plants with large wrinkled leaves (V) Fuzzy vines (thin wire coated with static grass) (S) Anything I can buy from N/HO scale train setups and painted alien-ish (B) Reaper figures that can be clipped and painted to be plants (B) Odd trees with strange leaf shapes (onion shaped) (V) IN WORK Random grass-like jungle plants (V) IN WORK Stem ends from mandarin oranges (seriously, pull one off and look at it, stem towards the ground) (F) Anything and everything else (VBSFP)  
      Base mounting system
      Design and print modular tiles with bristles on top (basically, Bristle Block toys) Allows mounting of all the above jungle plants Fill in around plants with thinned plaster via a syringe to create the ground surfaces
  • Who's Online   29 Members, 3 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)