Tikbalang Conversion Contest Entry #1

Vacaroja

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Fire_Eyes said:

I'm surprised this didn't get more likes! It's very creative and (I think) one of the more extensive conversions I saw. I think it looks very creepy and well done.

If there's one thing I've learned from entering a couple contests, as well as being a chef, it's that you can follow the rules (or a recipe) to a tee and you can be super creative, but if it doesn't capture a positive emotional response visually, it won't win the social media popularity contest. People eat with their eyes!

Like most, I do this hobby for personal joy, so I'll do the weird stuff when I want to and show it off anyway. :D

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By H.C.
      This is the 3D printable forest from Signum Games. I bought a physical copy from a seller on Etsy to use as a background for my minis. It is printed in 32mm scale, but only tiny 28mm figures fit in it. The young forest dragon (DHL #3332) and Unicorn foal (DHL #2207) are here to better show the scale. Might need to buy another version in 74mm...😁

• By H.C.
      Here is the Warlord Unicorn, #14457. I like the dynamic action of this pose. It feels like he is ready to stomp and skewer someone. And we will just call those mold lines 'battle scars.' Did anyone else have trouble trying to get rid of those? I could not smooth the seam on the horn down. 
      He was painted with a pale blue undertone to his coat, and a pale mauve to his mane, tail and feathering. The undertones were lightened up by adding pearl white (#9100) to each layer. I plan to do another one of these in black, once I get my hands on a pearl black bottle.

Group shot!

• By Wren
      For the past few months I've been working on a series of articles and videos of advice for people working on entries for the MSP Open. (Or anyone looking to improve their painting a little.) I've reviewed the most common issues that we see with entries and tried to provide both good explanations and before and after photo examples. My plan was to put this up before ReaperCon so you have the opportunity to go over your entries and see if you want to change anything before the contest. (And I'm sure many of us are still frantically painting anyway!)

Common contest entry feedback and solutions.

• By RogaDanar
      Minis for this week. I have to get on the ball and finish my current to do pile of minis. I have to get them ready for the campaign and I just ordered a bajillion minis through Bones 5 when it reopened. Luckily I have a little time before they arrive and I am completely overwhelmed. 

Unicorn 77029
      I was just going to speed paint this, but once I started I ended up taking a lot more time on it than I thought. I wanted very subtle highlighting on the white and very smooth blending which came out better than I expected. One mistake I made was not prepping the model better. I didn't plan on spending as much time on this as I did and wish now that I had spent more time on cleaning up the mold lines.

Townsfolk sage 03858
      I saw some examples of this figure painted and thought I could do a better face than what I saw. I did not. The face on this figure was way harder than I first thought. The eyes are deeply set and the face if very round and smooth. The glasses are a trick to get right too.

• By 72moonglum
      So hello all you Reaperphonics!  

So finished this one recently.  I'd done the other Flying Pink Unicorn, and wanted a slightly different version of pink, so here's what I came up with.  This one, like the other fairy ballerinas, was sculpted by Tom Meier inspired by a design from his daughter with his company Thunderbolt Mountain Miniatures and now sold by Ral Partha Legacy.  Lots of different pictures because it's mini with basically lots angles, not just front and back, hope not too many photos:

They are the last of my ballerina fairies that I had from Ral Partha Legacy, going to have to now move on to something different I guess, maybe some Reaper Bones.....
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)