Sign in to follow this  
Vacaroja

Tikbalang Conversion Contest Entry #1

That is haunting. I can vividly picture a stop-motion animation version of this model and it is freaking me out miserably. I love it.

• Like 2

I'm surprised this didn't get more likes! It's very creative and (I think) one of the more extensive conversions I saw. I think it looks very creepy and well done.

The Philippines-Malaysia-Indonesia part of the world has just the weirdest monsters.Very well done on both conversion and paint! 

7 hours ago, Fire_Eyes said:

I'm surprised this didn't get more likes! It's very creative and (I think) one of the more extensive conversions I saw. I think it looks very creepy and well done.

If there's one thing I've learned from entering a couple contests, as well as being a chef, it's that you can follow the rules (or a recipe) to a tee and you can be super creative, but if it doesn't capture a positive emotional response visually, it won't win the social media popularity contest. People eat with their eyes!

Like most, I do this hobby for personal joy, so I'll do the weird stuff when I want to and show it off anyway. :D

• Like 2

That is a WONDERFULLY imaginative creation, BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. VERY WELL DONE!

I know nothing about Filipino mythology. It looks fascinating, something worth looking into.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kristof65
      I'll need a Pegasus soon for one of the PCs in the D&D 5e campaign I run for my son and his high school friends.

The metal Reaper one is lovely, but IMO, too fragile for use with a bunch of rambunctious teens. I was looking around for some options when I saw the Bones Sphinx, and figured her wings would "bolt" onto Silverhorn the Unicorn fairly easily.

So here is my attempt to create my own Bones Pegasus, since I can't wait for Bones 5 to deliver me one:

I cut off Silverhorn's horn (and set it aside for later), and drilled two holes in the shoulders.  I took the Sphinx's wings, and cut off the tabs, then shaped them best I could to fit the shoulder profiles of Silverhorn, before drilling a hole to pin them with.

Next up is glue and green stuff.

I have a feeling he's going to droop over time. Not sure if I'm going to attempt to pin his back legs(s), but at a minimum, I'll probably glue him to a 50mm base to keep him upright, even if he droops.

• By Sophie was taken
      Trying to get back into painting and out of my comfort zone, here is Silverhorn:

Nothing wild really, but it was a good exercise in painting up from gray to white. Not perfect but he turned out much better than anticipated, so I’m calling this one a win.
    • By Glitterwolf
      Recently @Kangaroorex sent me a Ki'rinn for my Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon Project along with a Asian Dragon, a Chibi Dragon and some candy.
      I already had one of these Ki'Rinn and decided to paint them in two different versions, brother/sister? Evil/Good? You decide.

WIP Here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/&

Anyway, as with the Asian Dragon I wanted to show their unnatural appearance by combining normal paint with metallic highlights.
      So here they are.

Hope you like them.

• By Pochi
      Non Reaper 40mm+,  Bust, and Diorama entries only.  No more than 4 images per entry please.
      No chatter or questions, please.  Use the Rules and Questions thread. 
    • By Pochi
      Large Reaper based diorama entries only.  No more than 6 images per entry please.
      No chatter or questions, please. Use the Rules and Questions thread. 
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)