Rigel

Bombshell Squidfellas (Counterblast Edofleini)

Wish I'd taken more in-progress pics here, but when the muse strikes...

Anyway, I got my hands on some figures from Bombshell's Counterblast, specifically the Edofleini faction. Could be described as BRAIN SQUIDS FROM SPAAAAAAACE!! (I assume you read that with the reverb turned up.)

Decided to use the color scheme from this lovely shot of a coconut octopus:
coconut-octopus.jpg

These were the paints used for the bodies; AP Toxic Mist plus some turquoisish Reaper sample paint was used for the suckers, and AP Greedy Gold for the jewelry and weaponry. Also used AP Kraken Skin for the leader's mini-cape. Seemed appropriate.
DSCN6554.thumb.JPG.94863ffedeb2982b756ae46e3f525cd7.JPG

Blue-black tentacles, eventually shading up to the rusty Astorath Red.
DSCN6547.thumb.JPG.64ab8f1a78b69eb81bc9505826bac5e3.JPGDSCN6548.thumb.JPG.d310232d683a28b2d850090611dda19b.JPGDSCN6549.thumb.JPG.9c5f15b377c45a0feb64e29e3e224d46.JPG

A touch of color for the accessories and suckers: 

DSCN6551.thumb.JPG.29ffbe485f1c534b51229321d60c6446.JPG

Then a great amount of drybrushing in shades of orange and yellow. I wanted the siphons to be the brightest points. 
DSCN6555.thumb.JPG.7a259a149062e6fe28eaa96341028db8.JPGDSCN6556.thumb.JPG.8c23b30549a6d91617bfcb8937b6e94f.JPG

I feel like they are close to done--should I add another coat of red wash, or use something darker? 

• Like 18

Amazing!

Green wash can bring out reds more, just a tip!

• Thanks 1

I have seen the miniatures while browsing Bombshell Babes, but I didn't realize the were that cool. They look like War of the Worlds style Martians...H.G.Wells would be proud. Have FUN with the painting et al.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Amazing!

Green wash can bring out reds more, just a tip!

Your counsel is WISE. Let it be so!

11 hours ago, malefactus said:

I have seen the miniatures while browsing Bombshell Babes, but I didn't realize the were that cool. They look like War of the Worlds style Martians...H.G.Wells would be proud. Have FUN with the painting et al.

They are delightful, and come in a variety of sizes, which I like very much. I've been coveting them for a while now. WotW is exactly right... there's even a Tripod and pilot (but it costs money).

7 hours ago, blargney said:

Nailed it!

Thanks you! Thanks all around. I think they're ready, but my camera ate another round of batteries. Will post in Show-Off soon. 

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Now these are some absolutely fantastic sculpts. The bloodthirsty fanaticism really shows in every line and detail. 02681, Abram Duskwalker, is the perfect Solomon Kane / Witchfinder Pursuivant / Inquisitor-general / Puritan regicide sculpt. Toned down his sword a bit; the brass knuckles seemed a bit much (though perhaps I have run into another "Tiffany paradox" here; I'm not a weapons historian). Lots of detail, all delightfully accessible and easy to paint.

Mira the Inquisitor, from Bombshell's Babes line, is every bit his counterpart. Decided to go with a red color scheme, which confers the added side-benefit of making her a Jacobean-era Carmen Sandiego. 

But we all know what you came here for: Hammer horror-style ACTION SHOTS!

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

This was among the stuff from ReaperCon...

Kev!
    • By Rigel
      "If ever you chance to go to the woods
      Be sure that you go by day,
      Or the Spindly Man with his long thin arms
      Will spindle you clean away."

Scarecrows. The purpose is to inspire fear. For crows, the idea is that it looks like a human. 
      For people, the issue is that it doesn't quite. 

Gauntfield is a truly horrific sculpt. For one, scale creep aside, he's very tall. Over eight foot in scale, if I were to judge. For another, his hands are way too big, coming down to knee level. And those hands are clutching a sack full of bones. That's a red flag. Oh, and he's a reanimated skeleton with a jack-o-lantern sack mask. That sadistic grin! the flapping tatters! The sculptor is very like Gauntfield himself, in that they are both...

...outstanding in their field.

"When it comes to SURPRISES in the moonlit night..."

A Bombshell promotion netted me this Autumn the Scarecrone. Less overtly skeletal, but still a construct of cloth and straw given malign, shambling life and carrying a sickle. Tatterdemalion, rag-tag, hobbledehoy. 

The crow on her hat is a nice touch.

Her paint job and color scheme are loosely inspired by Sally from "NIghtmare Before Christmas."

Bonus: Bombshell's Pumpkin Pal!

• By Argentee
      Well my sister loves Pandas and was mad I wouldn't give her the one I entered at Reapercon. So I painted a second one up for her birthday in purple, her favorite color. 

• By Paradoxical Mouse
      Not sure what her proper title is, considering there are something like 6 different maelee minis. I will be painting her up as Ashriel 'Ashes', one of my favorite personal characters. She's been cleaned up now. Going to try to paint her up to the best of my ability.

Critic and criticism very much desired during this thread. Please don't spare my feelings on her.

This year's Certificate after last year's bronze at reapercon has me frustrated and I need to get a Silver next year (a gold would be amazing, but I don't think my abilities will be refined enough to have 0 mistakes).

• Who's Online   33 Members, 0 Anonymous, 241 Guests (See full list)