Sign in to follow this  
Corporea

Cheddar Burrata Nikto?

Yes!  I love everything about this!  

I love using different cheese names in it. Havarti feta made me snort. Can't wait to see more...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Corporea said:

Any thoughts?

Cheddar burrito peanut butter?

cheese dot com has a database of cheeses sorted by name if you want to get really creative.

• Like 3

Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah.

I love this. 

• Like 3

This is awesome. I see a goat and a frog and a snake, but I'm hoping you also do a cuttlefish eye! Things are weeeeeeird (and amazing):

220px-Cuttlefish_eye.jpg.1423693401d15e681b6c963ee0eb1fb5.jpg

Cth'eddar roblochon wensleydale feta?

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Sanael said:

This is awesome. I see a goat and a frog and a snake, but I'm hoping you also do a cuttlefish eye! Things are weeeeeeird (and amazing):

220px-Cuttlefish_eye.jpg.1423693401d15e681b6c963ee0eb1fb5.jpg

Cth'eddar roblochon wensleydale feta?

Needs more hypnotoad eyes.

fyxc6x21-720.jpg

• Haha 9

9 hours ago, Corporea said:

cthulhu r'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtag

Ctheddaar!! Reypenaer! Wijngaard Chevre fromage....!

• Like 4

Brie-ä! Cthulhu fromag'n!

I like it, especially the starfield/nebula base and the face on that wizard. 

• Like 3

On 6/9/2019 at 1:29 PM, Doug Sundseth said:

Cheddar burrito peanut butter?

cheese dot com has a database of cheeses sorted by name if you want to get really creative.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who keeps seeing "cheddar burrito" in there. 

Also, ooooh, space monster thing! 

• Like 4

Well, I've been on call, so haven't done as much as I'd like, but I got my little darling attached to his base.  Interestingly, I'd never noticed there was much of a chemical reaction to my styrene/wood/super glue, but wow!  The whole thing got super hot as it dried.  Almost had me worried... it might be possessed!

mmouse20.jpg.0e0e9b9bbc439abc1a115d25a7e23cd9.jpg

The cuttlefish one is hard.  I'm not sure I have the pupil right, but at least the eyes are mostly done.  I plan to continue the starry pattern out onto the rest of the base.  You can see where I've sketched it in.

mmouse21.jpg.02659e15739df5535417695f48d47c37.jpg

Here's how it will look on display.  It's not quite as cool an angle.  Sigh.  I planned poorly.  I should have had this fellow emerging from a side panel, but I already did that and wanted to do something a little different.  I think I can still make it interesting enough even from the side.  But at least here, you can see how the sculpted bit blends into the flat.  If I can create the illusion of further depth, then I'm happy.

mmouse22.jpg.4fb729a4f0893317b620f5556de62401.jpg

A few details and done for the day.  So, if you notice, the red and green can be used together, without looking Christmasy or without being too jarring.  I used:

Dungeon SlimeDragon Red

Notice how one is very low value (near black) and one very high value (near white)

1386365947_colorsex(2).png.f7891e66e52645b5ea674bd3f6c1d891.png

So they are very different both in hue (color) and value (light/dark.)  This is a good rule for using contrasting colors.  When highlighting, we usually use a lighter color. Likewise, our deepest shadows should be a dark color, close to black.  So even though mixing red and green usually wouldn't seem to work, because these colors aren't pure shades, I can make them play nicely.  The green is very close to yellow.  The red is very close to brown.  Yellow is a "good" highlight for brown.

Candlelight YellowNut Brown

Just like these two could play nicely, the red and green can be friends.  When picking complementaries to blend, try to look for these qualities. Sometimes it's hard to see how complementaries can come together without practicing them on paper.  I highly recommend seeing how they can push and pull each other either on a test bones or paper before committing to them on a mini.  Also note, these can be considered a warm/cool contrast, though I'd probably say the green is a very warm green, so it's not the best.

Jade GreenDungeon Slime

Look at these two green and see which of them looks bluer, and which yellower.  One is cool and the other warm. But aside from looking at them together, it might not be obvious.  That's where paper and practice come in handy!

More soon!

Edited by Corporea
  • Like 21

The first two lines are uttered in a low growling voice, the final one is shouted as the final command to summon the creature!

YYYHHHhooogggg UUrrtthhh!!!!

CCRrreeemmmeeee FFRrrraaicchheee!

CAMEMBERT!!!!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor excellent burns

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Haha 5

Wow wow woW! Seriously, that is amazing. The view from the side is still really impressive, it blends together really well overall. I am speechless on the quality here. It's amazing.

• Like 1