Sign in to follow this  
ReaperWolf

ReaperWolf's Dreadmere RPG Events thread...

In the coming weeks I'll be posting sneak-peaks into this years official Reaper Dreadmere rpg events for ReaperCon 2019.

Once the rpg event tickets are available I'll post the link here.

There are 7 outlaw bands this year. Yup you read that right. Seven. This is year four. When we debuted Dreadmere as a setting nearly four years ago we had four outlaw bands or bands. We called 'em factions but the Dreadmere locals wouldn't call 'em that. It's not like any of the bands are sanctioned by the powers. The bands are basically outlaws and scoundrels, some are actual criminals by any definition. The most legitimate band presently is the Blood Wolves because they CLAIM to have the backing of the Warlord of Weissburg Emile Von Storme. Time will tell...

So a new band has arrived in Dreadmere and it's a good 'un. Actually they're all awesome so let's just say the new band will have plenty to do in Dreadmere.

So this year I'm running 3 hour events, one for each faction. I may also run events after dinner as well, possibly multi-band all-star games. We'll see...

We'll be using D&D 5e (tweaked) for the rpg events this year.

So that's all for now. Keep your eyes peeled for more sneak peeks.

As the God of Death (Eskdathma) would say... SEE YOU SOON!

>>ReaperWolf

Edited by ReaperWolf
  • Like 8

The official Dreadmere themed ReaperCon 2019 rpg events have been approved and are now posted on GrowTix. Have at it! Seating is limited but, as always, I reserve the right to seat +1 or +2 depending upon interest.

See ya soon!

>>ReaperWolf

• Like 3

I registered to play in all your Dreadmere RPG events. The minis for the setting were some of my favorites from Bones 4. I'm very excited to dive into your setting. Do you have any content I could read up on to be a little familiar with it beforehand? Also, will there be minis/terrain/maps or is it theater of the mind style? If minis, should I bring my own and which ones should I have painted up in advance?  Sorry for all the questions, I'm just excited and want to be prepared! Thanks @ReaperWolf for running the games!

• Like 4

Me, my wife, and hopefully my friend (depending on slots open when he gets his tickets) will definitely be playing in your games. We played in your Maggotcrown game last year it was one of the best times we've ever had, I was the quiet one lol, but will not be so this time

Edited by Crimson_king_of_the_tower
  • Like 1

This year promises to be extraordinarily fun.

This is year four of Dreadmere. The setting has grown and changed over the years due in part to the illustrators, sculptors, and the fans. The Big Reek (as the Dwarf's call it) is a real labor of love.

We now have seven playable outlaw bands and while some have been knocked out of the top four slots, the Bonehenge Covenant and Disciples of Cthon aren't going anywhere.

As in previous years, we're premiering a new outlaw band. All of the heat from previous years due in part from the Wraith King Murkillor's malevolent machinations has prompted the Hand of Light aka the Lightbringers aka the Stewards of the White Flame to step from the shadows to take their place among the factions vying for control of Dreadmere.

This all means 7 different but related three-hour adventures, 42 pregenerated characters, and a metric butt-ton of miniatures. This year we'll actually have painted figs to push around the giant mondomat I ordered especially for the con. The bands are headed for Stonegraves, Murkillor's ruined fortress. The megadungeon below is a skunkworks for Murkillor, it's a nightmare hive of twisting corridors and chambers, deadly traps, fiendish monsters, and piles of loot for the brave and lucky. For those familiar with Greyhawk and the Forgotten Realms, Stonegraves is our Castle Greyhawk and Yawning Portal.

Stay tuned for updates.

>>ReaperWolf

• Like 5

AAHHH!!! I'm so excited about this. Just two more weeks!! I registered as Hand of Light faction, so I'm stoked to see how the new band fares with the existing ones.

*shouting and fist pump* "The Light will prevail against the Wraith King!"

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mojoman said:

AAHHH!!! I'm so excited about this. Just two more weeks!! I registered as Hand of Light faction, so I'm stoked to see how the new band fares with the existing ones.

*shouting and fist pump* "The Light will prevail against the Wraith King!"

Me too man, gonna be the best year yet...

The Hand of Light members are able to channel their will, faith, and zealotry into a white hot flame surrounding their chosen weapon. This provides light as a torch but also radiant damage based upon the degree of evil in the target. The more evil, the more damage. Even a lawful good person feels a sting as the flame touches them but according to rumor the truly virtuous will feel no damage whatsoever. The Lightbringers have yet to encounter anyone of that level of purity. 

The light also grants some of the protections associated with the spell protection from evil.

Members embrace the Adonian pantheon specifically Aurellius, Aegnir, and and Laris.

Time to go a dungeoncrawlin'!!!

>>ReaperWolf

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ReaperWolf said:

The Hand of Light members are able to channel their will, faith, and zealotry into a white hot flame surrounding their chosen weapon. This provides light as a torch but also radiant damage based upon the degree of evil in the target. The more evil, the more damage. Even a lawful good person feels a sting as the flame touches them but according to rumor the truly virtuous will feel no damage whatsoever. The Lightbringers have yet to encounter anyone of that level of purity. 

The light also grants some of the protections associated with the spell protection from evil.

Members embrace the Adonian pantheon specifically Aurellius, Aegnir, and and Laris.

>>ReaperWolf

Im so so sad I waited a day too late and everything was full... I'm gonna have to haunt your table to see if any spots open up or at least see if I can spectate some of them. I really wanted to be in the cthon game BADLY but once of my classes over laps it..... it's an amazing experience gaming with you! 

• Like 2

On 8/15/2019 at 4:47 PM, ReaperWolf said:

>>ReaperWolf

That sounds super dope and right up my alley.

Izzy has been killin' it with the art for the iconics. It's the one week countdown... 

** Why can't I hold all this hype?! **

• Like 1

The last of the pregens are coming together and the pile of to be painted minis is getting smaller by the hour.

This year I pulled out all the stops and sculpted some vargouilles. <maniacal cackle>

Brace yourselves, the Wraith King Murkillor doesn't recognize the notion of the "fair encounter". :P

>>ReaperWolf

• Like 5