Sirithiliel

Sculpting a Rubeosaurus

Doing a bust of one of my favorite dinosaurs, Rubeosaurus. This one will be a interesting challenge. I'm not doing the full body 

NewRubeo.jpg

IMG_20190610_091610.jpg

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Rainbow Sculptor said:

Oooo cool idea! Are you planning on attaching a second wireframe for the frill to the main head? 

yes, once the head bulk is filled out more, i'll use some of my wire mesh to form his frill 

• Like 6

I really want to make sure he is symmetrical, so setting the foundation first. Brow ridges, center of drill, beak and horn

Am checking it regularly to make sure it sets right 

IMG_20190610_151724.jpg

IMG_20190610_151740.jpg

• Like 15

Thanks! Glad to hear it looks well from you!

Added the wire mesh for the frill, added in wire for the horns , and began skull detail

IMG_20190611_093415.jpg

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 13

Did the left side of the face, trying to keep it as symmetrical as possible. Covered the horns and added eyes 

IMG_20190611_115151.jpg

IMG_20190611_115201.jpg

IMG_20190611_115215.jpg

• Like 16

Looks awesome so far.

I wished I could do that, instead I will look at this beauty.

Since I love both Dinosaurs and Busts I'm really interested in how this will look when finished.

Also a great topic to choose another genus instead of the common triceratops ( which I still love, but there are so many of them already)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Also a great topic to choose another genus instead of the common triceratops ( which I still love, but there are so many of them already)

oh definitely, triceratops is one of the biggest but also one of the most plain. There are so many cool ones out there, and Rubeo is one of my favorites. His horn set up is very elegant to me, while his relative Styracosaurus is more popular but also too spiky for my liking

i did make this poster a couple years ago https://gyazo.com/f3059eea4a2185db26a0b65d2f97eb5b

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

oh definitely, triceratops is one of the biggest but also one of the most plain. There are so many cool ones out there, and Rubeo is one of my favorites. His horn set up is very elegant to me, while his relative Styracosaurus is more popular but also too spiky for my liking

i did make this poster a couple years ago https://gyazo.com/f3059eea4a2185db26a0b65d2f97eb5b

I have seen that poster, in fact I copied a pic of that in my Lost World documents for reference when I paint triceratops and related genus.

There are so many cool dinos.

And I also love megafauna, have you read about the Direwolf head they found in Siberia?

40.000 years old almost intact preserved in permafrost even the brain!

And three Cave Lion cubs as well.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I have seen that poster, in fact I copied a pic of that in my Lost World documents for reference when I paint triceratops and related genus.

There are so many cool dinos.

And I also love megafauna, have you read about the Direwolf head they found in Siberia?

40.000 years old almost intact preserved in permafrost even the brain!

And three Cave Lion cubs as well.

i did hear about that, as well as the paper published on Scotty, the largest tyrannosaurus rex discovered so far. Some pretty amazing finds these recent years

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

You see lots of different species of dinosaurs.   I see an advertisement for a fashionable beauty parlor aimed at all the cool Triceratops teens.  :lol:

looking good so far.  Really happy you're practicing your sculpting skills. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2