Brianuk

Bones 4 big skeletons

Cool. They all look very good. I think this army painter wash with green and brown gives them very nice slightly coloured shades. Good idea!

• Thanks 1

I just finished painting these too (to add to my “trash skeleton mob bag”). I love how much sturdier these are compared to the old skeleton set. Yours turned out very nice, I left my base the standard stone. We did exactly the same color scheme too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great! <3 And I see the same issue I have - why the hell is impossible to focus on painted skulls? I finished few skeletons yesterday and I found impossible to make sharp pics of their heads!  Reaper mystery... :)

• Thanks 1

Yes not sure if it doesn't show up as a face or not - same with the ogre skeleton I painted elsewhere! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brianuk
      I think I have got the right mini name. He or she is from Fan Favourites. Painted simply, Scale 75 black metal, then a wash, then drybrush with Army Painter rough iron/rust colour. Tried to do a water effect on the base, layers of gloss mod podge with green ink and bits of wood from a log bag in the middle. 

• By giyomuSan
      Hi guys, I just finished that big guy :)

• By HolkDiggity
      Fun with OSL! I normally don't take dark photos because I like to see the work, and sometimes dark photos just look like a blob of color to me. I wanted to included them here, though, because when lit like this, you can really see the contrast that I tried to convey in this model. I've been working on all kinds of stuff lately, and contrast is the glue that binds all of those skills together.

• By HolkDiggity
      If you watch the latest Reaper Live, you can hear my question about this legendary mini. For the record, normal Reaper paints did indeed work, though I had to conjure an anti-magic barrier to get the primer down first!

• By Painting Miniatures
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzWwEryYc3Q

So one of my campaign encounters calls for a skeleton playing a violin. I had a few ideas on how I could go about accomplishing this. Modifying a skeleton miniature to hold a violin. Then I found this mini. I really wish they had a version that wasn't metal for this miniature though.

The mini in question is supposed to be the boss of an encounter the players run into which leads into bigger plots later. In short though its supposed to be dripping a black ichor from the eyes to make it scarier and to emphasis the point "this is a powerful enemy" and not just some random skeleton bard.

The actual painting went along the lines of

White base coat, followed by coloring the violin and leather straps brown, the metal armor black, i did a wash of brown followed by a black to give contrasting colors of dirt and mold. I also added a small amount of a lighter blue as a wash to the violin and bow to make it contrast ever so slightly from the rest of the mini and to hopefully give it a sort of magical look. That last part didn't succeed like I had hoped but it was a good lesson in what does and what does not work.

I know the base needs something else to make it pop. This mini isn't "finished" yet for that very reason but im not sure how i want to finish the base of the mini. Probably some dirt. because dirt is always a good choice for a graveyard. I really should change my name to the "painting horror minis channel" because its an unintentional theme.

• Who's Online   18 Members, 3 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)