Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

SPACEFUTURE! Bombshell's Edofleini (Brain Squids From Space)

These guys are fantastic!  Love your colors, beautiful blending.

These aliens look suspiciously like cousins to some Elder Gods.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, all! 

On 6/11/2019 at 8:16 AM, Iridil said:

Marvelous color scheme, well-executed blending and great group!

The high-contrast green was was @Glitterwolf's idea, and wise it was. 

16 hours ago, Warlady said:

These guys are fantastic!  Love your colors, beautiful blending.

These aliens look suspiciously like cousins to some Elder Gods.

Oh you know it! Hypergeometric space warping and MADNESS  for sure! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Redd Knekk said:

So cool Rigel! Love the coconut octopus inspired color scheme. Sea creatures supply no end of inspiration right??

And to think we only have explored about 10% of the Oceans...Who knows what lurks there?

• Like 2

Ah a new Spacefuture episode, I`m here of course ::D: As always a funny presentation, I enjoyed. The idea to lend the colour scheme from nature was simply top. Looks really great and as others already said the blendings turned out very well too. Great job!!!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      I don't know precisely how the deal went down, but Bombshell's Neirans from their Counterblast line are pretty much Reaper Andromedans with a bit more height and bulk. (They also have some cycloptic Illyrians much like Sparg and one of the Alien Exotic Dancers.) This is one such, along with various colleagues we have seen before: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/91106-spacefuture-empress-messalina-iv-of-the-andromedans-and-vizier-as-zeta-reticulans/

Her Athame-Glaive demonstrates her ritual authority as General and Commander of the Empress's Fleet. (Before all this pandemic unpleasantness hit my home state, I visited New Mexico for a family vacation, and you BET I picked up some tabletop-scale flying saucers in Roswell.)

With a member of the Technician Caste: 

Making demands of the Chief Scientician: 
      "We need more SPEED, laboratory beetle! 3.2 c is simply not enough to take those witless Earthlings down before they can activate a counteroffensive!"
      "Feh! Cartilage-brained savage, there is only so far you can bend space before it starts bending back! Our wotta-metal hulls can withstand only so much hypergeometric translocation before giving way!"
      "THEN MAKE THEM STRONGER!"

Giving the Grand Vizier a piece of her mind (she's not the best at subtle intrigue, preferring to cut right to the point, or the throat, either way)

"So, scheming remipede, my underlings tell me that the platinum requisitioned for their catalytic cannon has been rerouted to the Citadel of Nobles."
      "A most unfortunate happenstance, War-Leader. Bureaucracy will err; I shall have the Commissariat ritually castigated."

"It was specifically rerouted to a guild of pleasure-barge manufacturers."
      "The less civic-minded among the nobility are known for their excess. Would that there were some way to curb their indulgences; I, your humble servant and that of Empire, have tried time and again to..."
      "The guild is under contract to build YOU a Sybaric Yacht!!"

"One must have some way to relax after the rigors of serving both Her Incomparable Majesty and the people, War-Leader; a very reasonable perquisite. It would be invidious to suggest otherwise. Now, to the point of this interlocution, if there is one?"
      "You always choose your words so carefully, Vizier. I'm so glad you chose 'point' right now."

• By Rigel
      Just what it says on the tin. A princess from Cold War Miniatures...a SPACE princess! She looks like she'd fit in with my legions of Zarek, blue-skinned retro conquerors featured elsewhere in the Spacefuture tag. (Mostly Hydra Imperials, but some Reaper Numenera priests as well.)

Here she is on a walk in the Imperial Gardens with her mother (played by Hydra's Empress Xenovia). Not sure the Empress approves of her daughter's choice of stepping-out wear--unlike the populace at large. Alas that looking at a member of the Imperial Houses without permission is punishable by a minimum sentence of execution, going up to some truly unpleasant punishments. It is estimated that Princess Khoshta is the third leading cause of death in the Citadel of Marduk.

• By Rigel
      You may have seen the Zeta Reticulans before. https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/83670-spacefuture-zeta-reticulans-and-flying-saucers/

If, in a reversal of roles, you were to be taken to THEIR leaders, this is what you would see. 

Patrick Keith really outdid himself with these sculpts. The mixture of decadence, arrogance, and calculating cruelty comes across perfectly, and that's without  noses or eyebrows. The gestalt of scheming luxuriousness is remarkable.What plots and counterplots (and contingency counter-counter-plots) are they devising against Earth--and each other?! 

Sometimes it's tough being the messenger: 

Thin layers of metallic/pearlescent paint over underlying colors are a theme with this faction. 
    • By Rigel
      Eureka has a line of "Boiler Suit Apes." In this line, there is a collection of cosmonaut APES IN SPACE. What, am I made of stone?! Of course I had to get them. 

Uplifted apes are often used in the spacefuture as cheap, durable labor during the terraforming process--under the watchful eye of the Earth government, of course. Many work with bioengineered soil-tilling arthropods. Here are some scenes of a few of them overseeing the cultivation of a Neptunian moon. The gourdfruit trees are already coming along nicely. 

There are some rumors that the Space Apes have an underground separatist movement, resentful of their proper status as second-class citizens, and that they might try claiming some of their exoplanetary habitats as their own birthright, bought with the sweat of their low, beetling brows and the strength of their hairy, hairy arms. But who would believe such wild tales of our loyal, friendly helpers? 

Anyway, here's Taskforce Leader Aperella. A Charisma implant helps her keep her workers in line.

And the Stakhanovite albino neogorilla Bonzo. He has the strength of ten men and the work ethic of at least five! Look at those bared teeth. That's the smile of job satisfaction. 

And here's Charlie. Always a curious fellow, that one. Chief Arthropod Wrangler. It's uncanny the way he can almost communicate with those buggers. 

Meet Diana! Diana oversees the environmental controls. It's a little warmer than the humans like in here, Diana, and the humidity is off by about 10 percent! She's doing her best, though, bless her. Keep up the good work, Diana! 

And last but certainly not least, Eddie. We've tried to get him to stop shambling, but old habits, you know! Eddie is a good worker, but did you know he actually failed his intelligence test? The psychologist administering it said the only way to score that low was to deliberately *try* to flunk! Poor, simple Eddie. 

And here's the whole gang! 
      Wait--why do they have the emergency gauss rifles? And what's Cosmo doing here? W...What are you doing, fellows? ...Pals?

Edit: New arrival, Gordy!

• Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)