Rigel

SPACEFUTURE! Bombshell's Edofleini (Brain Squids From Space)

These guys are fantastic!  Love your colors, beautiful blending.

These aliens look suspiciously like cousins to some Elder Gods.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, all! 

On 6/11/2019 at 8:16 AM, Iridil said:

Marvelous color scheme, well-executed blending and great group!

The high-contrast green was was @Glitterwolf's idea, and wise it was. 

16 hours ago, Warlady said:

These guys are fantastic!  Love your colors, beautiful blending.

These aliens look suspiciously like cousins to some Elder Gods.

Oh you know it! Hypergeometric space warping and MADNESS  for sure! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So cool Rigel! Love the coconut octopus inspired color scheme. Sea creatures supply no end of inspiration right??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Redd Knekk said:

So cool Rigel! Love the coconut octopus inspired color scheme. Sea creatures supply no end of inspiration right??

And to think we only have explored about 10% of the Oceans...Who knows what lurks there?

• Like 2

Ah a new Spacefuture episode, I`m here of course ::D: As always a funny presentation, I enjoyed. The idea to lend the colour scheme from nature was simply top. Looks really great and as others already said the blendings turned out very well too. Great job!!!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SGHawkins09
      This in The Girl from Bombshell Miniatures and was one of my entries in the Painter's category at ReaperCon. I started painting her a couple of years ago, mainly to test the peachy color of the cloth. I decided to quickly finish her for ReaperCon as I wanted to have a Bombshell entry. She was not the figure chosen for judging in the main contest but she did receive a silver medal (dog tag) in Bombshell's manufacturer awards.

• By Inarah
      This little guy was a freebie from Bombshell Miniatures given out at Reapercon 2019. He is also available on their website.  I put him on a jungle base from Microarts.  Tried for some dark blue/grey coloration, wasn't happy with it, tried some green washes, but he kept turning blue again. Brushed a little green metallic on and he turned silver, did the green wash again with a different brand.  Decided I had messed around with it long enough. 

In the background is a 3-d printed stone bridge my husband made for me. Tabletop drybrush in shades of brown over a black base coat. 

• By Rigel
      Now these are some absolutely fantastic sculpts. The bloodthirsty fanaticism really shows in every line and detail. 02681, Abram Duskwalker, is the perfect Solomon Kane / Witchfinder Pursuivant / Inquisitor-general / Puritan regicide sculpt. Toned down his sword a bit; the brass knuckles seemed a bit much (though perhaps I have run into another "Tiffany paradox" here; I'm not a weapons historian). Lots of detail, all delightfully accessible and easy to paint.

Mira the Inquisitor, from Bombshell's Babes line, is every bit his counterpart. Decided to go with a red color scheme, which confers the added side-benefit of making her a Jacobean-era Carmen Sandiego. 

But we all know what you came here for: Hammer horror-style ACTION SHOTS!

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

This was among the stuff from ReaperCon...

Kev!
    • By Rigel
      "If ever you chance to go to the woods
      Be sure that you go by day,
      Or the Spindly Man with his long thin arms
      Will spindle you clean away."

Scarecrows. The purpose is to inspire fear. For crows, the idea is that it looks like a human. 
      For people, the issue is that it doesn't quite. 

Gauntfield is a truly horrific sculpt. For one, scale creep aside, he's very tall. Over eight foot in scale, if I were to judge. For another, his hands are way too big, coming down to knee level. And those hands are clutching a sack full of bones. That's a red flag. Oh, and he's a reanimated skeleton with a jack-o-lantern sack mask. That sadistic grin! the flapping tatters! The sculptor is very like Gauntfield himself, in that they are both...

...outstanding in their field.

"When it comes to SURPRISES in the moonlit night..."

A Bombshell promotion netted me this Autumn the Scarecrone. Less overtly skeletal, but still a construct of cloth and straw given malign, shambling life and carrying a sickle. Tatterdemalion, rag-tag, hobbledehoy. 

The crow on her hat is a nice touch.

Her paint job and color scheme are loosely inspired by Sally from "NIghtmare Before Christmas."

Bonus: Bombshell's Pumpkin Pal!

• Who's Online   28 Members, 1 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)