MadMan430

overstock of Bones 4 Kick starter minis

With the current expansion prices I think I’ll just wait and cherry pick the few pieces I really want at retail.

• Like 8

Really highlights how good of a deal the Kickstarter is. I'm considering the Darkreach expansion, which is $120 vs the $50 Kickstarter price, but that is still only ~$3 per mini, which is still a great deal.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Spodi said:

Really highlights how good of a deal the Kickstarter is. I'm considering the Darkreach expansion, which is $120 vs the $50 Kickstarter price, but that is still only ~$3 per mini, which is still a great deal.

Plus you’ll have the minis in hand and not have to wait possibly a year for them to be released.

And don’t forget the 3 free Ogre minis you’ll get with your $120 order! Plus other Reaper swag! :lol:

I got a Chronoscope (roughly $2.60+ a mini) and Dreadmere (roughly $2.70+ a mini)  and am getting a unit of 5 free ogres!  (And some cool Reaper earbuds!)::):

Edited by Chris Palmer

3 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

With the current expansion prices I think I’ll just wait and cherry pick the few pieces I really want at retail.

This. Yeesh.

Absolutely not disputing that the expansions are a good deal. They are a very reasonable price. But I was hoping for more like 150% Kickstarter price, not 225%...so these are out of my range today.

I just hope we see some of the expansion stuff hit retail soonish!

• Like 1

They might have some of the bigger Add-ons available (those that they are still working on packaging), but any expansion sets (providing they kept some back) will either be raffled or auctioned.

I got my Fan Favorites today. What they had was going fast and I missed out on the second one I wanted, but hey l just didn't spend as much money.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

And don’t forget the 3 free Ogre minis you’ll get with your $120 order! Plus other Reaper swag! :lol:

Hmm, I've already got two of the ogre minis this month. I could wait and see what next month's freebie is.

Orr... with 5, maybe I can glue them all together into a super Voltron-like mecha-ogre. Yeah, that sounds like a good father's day project.

Edited by Spodi
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, MadMan430 said:

I got my Fan Favorites today. What they had was going fast and I missed out on the second one I wanted, but hey l just didn't spend as much money.   

Im still seeing them as being in stock...  in fact I’m seeing all the expansions as being available.  Only the Core is gone.    I tried to add one of the FFs to my cart and it let me. (I then deleted). So you might still be able to get one if you want.  (Or my Reaper Page isn’t updating correctly::P:)

22 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

would love to get in but can't really justify it right now.  I'll have to wait until individual releases since I only want a handful from each set right now.

same here, at best 1/3rd of each box would fit my collection. 

It would help a lot if this forum had a For Sale section ,  otherwise you either have to either deal with E-bay or wait for " box of goodwill" to go round to unload the rest. Even then, stuffing 27 minis in a BOG would make someone happy but wouldn't help you recoup any of your approx. $80.

They're cool for the hardcore collector though

46 minutes ago, Fencig said:

same here, at best 1/3rd of each box would fit my collection. 

It would help a lot if this forum had a For Sale section ,  otherwise you either have to either deal with E-bay or wait for " box of goodwill" to go round to unload the rest. Even then, stuffing 27 minis in a BOG would make someone happy but wouldn't help you recoup any of your approx. $80.

They're cool for the hardcore collector though

There's a facebook trading group.  You'll have to search for it, I'm not a member and didn't note the exact name and address, only the existence of it. 

is it safe to say all of the "expansion packs" will be broken up into individual minis for sale, or is the expansion pack a new selling system Reaper is adopting?

14 minutes ago, urloony said:

is it safe to say all of the "expansion packs" will be broken up into individual minis for sale, or is the expansion pack a new selling system Reaper is adopting?

The expansion sets were made specifically for the kickstarter. The sets that Reaper have up for sale right now are just the overstocks they have leftover. Once they’re all sold that’s it they’re gone. There won’t be more expansion packs produced for retail later on.

Future individual minis are coming from separate production runs for those specific minis.

• Like 3

On 6/11/2019 at 1:03 PM, Darsc Zacal said:

Yeaaaah, I thought the "you missed the Kickstarter, but we'll let you order through the pledge manager" bump in price was a big one that caused pause, but wow... Yeah, that pretty much made me go "I'll wait for retail" 

.. That and only making the announcement on Facebook.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Yeaaaah, I thought the "you missed the Kickstarter, but we'll let you order through the pledge manager" bump in price was a big one that caused pause, but wow... Yeah, that pretty much made me go "I'll wait for retail" 

.. That and only making the announcement on Facebook.

It's nice to see Reaper still appreciates their backers by offering backer prices during the KS.  So many other companies now, yeah I'm looking at you Dwarven Forge, take advantage of their backers by charging almost full retail during their campaign.  Bones 5, can't wait!

Edited by urloony