Nocturna N-Paint & Fantasy Figures

Cyradis

Perhaps that's something to bring up in the comments; maybe they'd be able to put paints on hold until summer for regions that worry about cold? That could be a check-box on a pledge manager. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

I'm sad to say that I won't be backing this project. 

None of the minis really shouts 'must have' to me, and the paints...  

Pots and winter shipping?  

No. 

Seems like an easily fixable issue, they'd just have to have a "northern" shipping option in their pledge manager to allow shipping a couple months later for those worried. Given typical ks delays April thru June seems more likely anyway. Someone should suggest something along those lines. At a minimum it'd be a good test of how they react to customer feedback.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Suden said:

Seems like an easily fixable issue, they'd just have to have a "northern" shipping option in their pledge manager to allow shipping a couple months later for those worried. Given typical ks delays April thru June seems more likely anyway. Someone should suggest something along those lines. At a minimum it'd be a good test of how they react to customer feedback.

I sent a FAQ question in, but no reply yet.  I'm really hoping they address this, because it isn't a worry... It's pretty much guaranteed that paint shipped in winter is dead paint for Canadians, as well as several other countries. 

• Like 2

So, I got a reply...  Not quite sure what to think of it.

For those curious, here's the message I sent...

Spoiler

Why was February chosen as the shipping time for paints? Quite a few countries have to deal with temperatures that are very much so below freezing, while others have to deal with regular temperatures that are even colder than that of a freezer.

Will there be options for paint shipments for those who live in climates that experience a proper winter? I'd love to back, but February shipping is a definite no for anyone living in a climate where it's pretty much guaranteed to be -20C at that time.

Hi, WhiteWulfe, thanks for contacting us.

Yes, you´re right, winter is complicated for shipments. For that reason we will try to find the best moment for those who deal with low temperatures. If we are in contact we will find a solution trying to make shipment before or a little after.

Anyway we make shipments everywhere during all year and we never had problems before.

Thanks!

The words "we've never had a problem before" cause me to raise my eyebrow somewhat, but at the same time, it sounds like they're willing to work out some sort of solution.

• Like 1

If someone is still interested, they will run another 24h "early" bid today, starting from 6pm CET, they stated that this one will not be as good as the previous... but hey! let's see if we can get something interesting!

• Like 2

On 6/12/2019 at 12:27 AM, Cicciopiu said:

pot.... mmmm... tempted but... pot...

pot :unsure:

They' look the same as the P3 pots. I have the entire P3 collection. The pots are not as bad at the Citadel ones. But neither are they as good as dropper bottles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pot are problematic:

the flip top always break and it's hard to open; 

Every time you open the pot, a lil of the water inside evaporate; 

You have to be super clean or the paint will clog between the border of the pot and the cap; 

If you drop it while open, instant disaster! 

The pro: 

Easy shaking 

Less paint wasting 

I dropped out. I do not like pots and as said before, there are only two colours in each set I want. In the comment section they answered that for retail they will first be offering the sets and then (much?) later individual colours. There are lots of other companies with nice colours and I basically have what I need.

It seems that they liked my idea of a primary set and will add the set today at 6PM CET, so if someone is interested in trying the colors but don't want to spend a lot, now there is a chance to do it :)

4ba346f61d7fdb584cbd2f41a572446c_original.jpg.d932697aec536f8243144fa55452a0ec.jpg

Edited by Cicciopiu
  • Like 3