Wonderful!!! This mainly purple flowers work perfect with the yellow dress. The bigger iris at the eyes looks better than the small one`s I think.

Concerning shading and highlighting at busts: On the plus side busts doesn`t need as much depth as smaller figures need it, because they have natural shadows alone of their size. Another plus is: You have got plenty of space for mixing a lot of midtones you can put on in parallel lines. At this size it is no problem to put on very comfortably until 9 tones from dark to bright simply beside each other and then the blending is already halfway done and you just have to smooth it out a bit. Great start, I`m sure your first bust will turn out great. Keep it up!!!

Finally spent some more time on her. Few touch ups to be had still and a little more work to be had on the skin. 

Biggest issue at the moment, is base. Really scared to drill a hole in the bottom. Suggestions welcome! 

-Z

15614764561733403328324230924296.jpg

15614764781952446923937371845496.jpg

15614764902491014988688629662589.jpg

15614765062041546572053869526417.jpg

1561476518872732190453718130344.jpg

Edited by Zanderina
  • Like 11

wonderful work on the flowers. 

I usually use a pin vice for drilling holes.  it is kind like a screwdriver  with a set of interchangeable drill bits. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

wonderful work on the flowers. 

I usually use a pin vice for drilling holes.  it is kind like a screwdriver  with a set of interchangeable drill bits. 

We have one that we haven't really tinkered with. It may be time...

• Like 1

Wonderful flowers and what a beautiful yellow! I love bright colors and here it is at it's best :winkthumbs:

Edited by Garbosch
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Zanderina said:

We have one that we haven't really tinkered with. It may be time...

First of all very nice job on this.  Drilling with a pinvise is not that difficult.  Use a hobby knife or scribe to mark the point where you want to drill first to give the bit somewhere to go.  Let the drill bit do the cutting with light pressure.  If you see the bit flexing then you are pushing too hard and it can slip damaging the paint.  If you want a large hole to mount it you are better off drilling with a small bit to the depth you want then moving to the next size bit.

Edited by snitchythedog
English
  • Like 2