Sign in to follow this  
PaganMegan

Norse/Northlands Campaign, No Grumps!

I need to write a template for the changes I made for The Hunt.

And the plastic horseskellies by Mantic are weird, restic? I think?

Giving them bronze weapons, I've decided to make the elves hypocrites - there were humans here when they arrived, and they did the same thing to those humans that the humans did to them a thousand years later.

The woodelves, not so bad, if the group had gone due west instead pf north west they would have met some of the xenophobic-but-not-insane woodelves. But because they have dwarves with them they headed towards the foothills instead.

I expected Grump to follow the river. Instead he is in ally building mode.

He wants to leave the barrows as he found them, not loot them.

The wights that are entombed there on the other hand will have other ideas.

preview2-1.jpg

Which reminds me, I wonder where I can find a Celtic chariot? The way they rode their chariots was INSANE! Balanced on the tongue like a surfer! Crazy Celtic chariot cadavers!

Hit, run, and harrasment, not standing battles.

And SO MUCH POSING! ::D:

If the PC settlement can get cattle then the wights of the downs will be doing cattle raids, there will be confused cows wandering the downs, since aside from grabbing the cows, there's not much the dead can do with them.

In their rotted little minds they are engaged in deeds of daring-do!

Except for the Hunt, who their fellow dead both fear and venerate.

I have decided the way to end the Hunt is to deal with their chieftan, who is NOT a part of the hunt.

Deal could be tribute, or it could be lay to rest, or it could be to find out why the dead have wakened, fix it, and gain a blessing for the hunt.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 2

If you can get hold of one the old Citadel Wood Elf Attack Chariot had a very Celtic design to it. Since it's been out of production for about 25 years you'd be better off looking at historical companies.

22 hours ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

If you can get hold of one the old Citadel Wood Elf Attack Chariot had a very Celtic design to it. Since it's been out of production for about 25 years you'd be better off looking at historical companies.

Ordered some Warlord Celtic chariots. ::):

wgh-ce-23-acient-chariot-b.jpg?v=1575565

The group found another deserted and ruined town.

This is the one with the brondmand, but he's still sleeping for now. The town will need to be inhabited for the wellman to awaken. A vertical dungeon crawl, I think.

I think that down, down, in the bottom of the well are old, old bones, a male sacrificed to the moon by dropping him into a deep, deep hole. And none to watch the moon as she feeds.

Over time waters have shifted, and what was a dry hole is now a water filled well, and what was once a guardian has become bitter, twisted and dark in the centuries since the original settlement was slaughtered by the elves, and abandoned.

A choker with a few templates. Undead, with a high resistance to Channel Energy. Or maybe fey, in that weird old neither and both of the old fey.

And some disease bearing incorporeal undead, bound to his will. These will be the sluagh.

I think his first new victim will be a child. Dragged down into the well. Then with the new moon the child's family will begin wasting away, one at a time. A Heal check might diagnose consumption, but Detect Magic tells a different story.

The dying family all dream of their missing child.

Both Remove Curse and either a 20 Heal check or a Remove Disease to stop the disease from killing.

And only one person at a time in the family showing symptoms.

A sacrifice of gold being thrown into the well by a Witch or Druid will keep the wellman from taking anyone for a month. 500 GP of gold and a ritual will placate it, turning it passive. 1000 and a ritual to make it once again a guardian, but needing 5 GP more each month to stay active. 5 GP a year to stay passive.

Gold because it does not corrode, so the wellman keeps it.

Not coincidentally, there is also an old pit gold mine the PCs have not yet found.

A quick fix is letting the dying family sleep in the old temple - a church grim keeps the sluagh at bay. It doesn't cure the disease, but it does halve the effect.

77366_w_1.jpg

This is the church grim, Lawful Good, but not friendly.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 1

The church grim is a created guardian fey, a faithful dog sacrificed and buried at the cornerstone of the temple.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 6:39 PM, PaganMegan said:

Ordered some Warlord Celtic chariots. ::):

wgh-ce-23-acient-chariot-b.jpg?v=1575565

The Warlord Games skellies fit like a charm! ::): Those pose-able feet are a PITA, but for something like this, outstanding!

The Mantic undead horses also mostly fit, close enough for jazz. Even though we can't actually USE them, I feel better for having them

Come Friday the undead that Grump tried to ignore will fail to return the favor. :devil:

The good news is these barrows are where they will find what they need to end the undead that have been rising in the basement of their Keep.
And in game, it is Walpurgisnacht, cross quarter point between Spring and Summer.

Once/If they have it, the Hunt will be Hunting them, until they use it.

Too bad Astral has no undead chariot tokens.

The werefox may make another play for Grump, this time because she MEANS IT! ::D: She actually likes him. She will also be vulnerable, and if Duncan tries to seduce her, he will succeed. (Bards, it's TRADITIONAL!)

image.png.55e6b7424b4e8eab4fa5f4ae7b9f560f.png

• Like 2