• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening all you Reaper hooligans!

So another figure finished, this time a Ral Partha Shadowrun Female Detective, sculpted by Dave Summers, probably latter eighties to early nineties.  Kind of difficult with the eyes because they were small little balls, but otherwise, pretty okay with how she turned out. Gun a little too blue, but probably won't ever fix that I'm guessing.  I kind of like this figure because she's from their Shadowrun line, but she could easily be any normal, modern detective gal. I tried to do very a mild colored blouse, pinkish, with a grey skirt and jacket.  This is also the first time I've worked on pantyhose, so let me know what you guys think. It was after painting her legs as normal skin color, I did some washes of first storm grey, then Dark elf skin shadow, and then finally black.

Anyhow, let me know what y ou think about the pantyhose and hope you enjoy!

• By Pingo
      Happy birthday, @TheAuldGrump and @Inarah. I hope you enjoy this. Notes follow after the photos.

This is Grenadier’s Hippogriff, #138 from the Fantasy Lords series way back in 1983, now sold in lead-free pewter by Mirliton Miniatures, Italy. It’s well sculpted, with securely fitting wings.

I wanted to paint something different from the common hippogriff colorings, something with a little challenge to it. So I decided to go with several black and white patterned creatures. The front end is based on an osprey, the wings on a hoopoe’s, and the hindquarters on a zebra, all somewhat modified to suit the figure and to blend where the shifts happen.

Whenever you’re going to paint a chimeric model, a creature made up of the parts of other creatures, it’s a good idea to go look at real animals to see how their colors and feathers and skins look, and also how they blend into other things. If nothing else, there are excellent visual resources on the internet.

Technical notes:

• By 72moonglum
      Good morning Reapermaniacs,

So here's one I've had painted for about a week or so but have never just gotten around to sit down at my normal computer to post him.

This one is one I've actually had for a long time, and it's an old lead version back from the seventies.  I had to at one point I think scrape off some paint. I had another newer version of him, but the detail was pretty soft so ended up painting up the original, whose details were so much more nice and crisp.

And being he was a "high" elf, I wanted him to have some nice light colors, no greens and browns.

Anyhoos, here he is:

I've been on a recent kick painting these older miniatures, even old by Partha standards (pre-eighties).  I think I'm going to keep painting them, putting them into my normal mix of newer, old Partha figures.  In any case, hope you like them!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello again Reaperlings!

So here is the other figure I finished this morning from their Shadowrun Range, a Jim Johnson Female Bounty Hunter with Machine Gun.

With this gal, hard to decide on colors. Do I go strictly drab and military greens and browns or do I add some color into it? I opted for color:

I'm hoping/guessing that she's got some kind of radio/cell phone/walkie talkie in her other hand, but hard to know for sure. I think Shadowrun probably had a bunch of different technologies, not at all familiar with the game, but really do like the figures.  

Once again, enjoy, hope you like!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello fine fans and lovers of the Reaper Miniature World!

So today I've got two figures to post. I'd do them together, but different sculptors and different genres.

The first one is an old Julie Guthrie figure from the eighties, Woman Warrior With Two Swords.  I think she came in a box from the range "the Adventurers", which was full of female player characters.

So here she is:

In one of Anne's podcasts, she was doing non-metal metal and I'd asked her about her base colors and she suggested more grey as opposed to a blue beginning, so with this figure and her metals, I started out with Rainy Grey instead of Ashen Blue which is what I normally use.  I think she came out pretty decently, even though of course I'm never satisfied with my own work.  Such is the curse of the painter....

Anyhoos, hope you enjoy her, a very fun and basic figure.  One of the reason I like old school minis as I've mentioned before.  She strapped on her armor, grabbed her blades and took off.  No ladening herself with bags, sacks and knick knacks.

• Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)