72moonglum

Ral Partha Seated Holy Man, by Dennis Mize

8 minutes ago, Redd Knekk said:

Wow respect.... I think the blue eyes work great, and really cool skin tones.

Thanks very much Mr. Knekk!

I've got one more dark skinned figure I'm working on, which I hope to have ready by the end of the week.

Those skin tones are really nice. Brilliantly done.

Just out of curiosity: is there a reason why the thread title says this is done by Dennis Size, but you correctly say Dennis Mize in the first post? Is it some joke I'm missing on the scale of those minis (as evidenced by your last pic with the quarter)? Honestly, just wondering if it's a typo or perhaps a long-running joke about Mize's sculpts.

3 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Those skin tones are really nice. Brilliantly done.

Just out of curiosity: is there a reason why the thread title says this is done by Dennis Size, but you correctly say Dennis Mize in the first post? Is it some joke I'm missing on the scale of those minis (as evidenced by your last pic with the quarter)? Honestly, just wondering if it's a typo or perhaps a long-running joke about Mize's sculpts.

Thanks for pointing that out, it was just a typo that I’ll try to fix now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

just a typo that I’ll try to fix now!

Ok, thanks. Just making sure.

Pssst... hate to be that guy but... your post on the Ral Partha Witch by Dennis also has the same typo in the thread title and in the first post. :down:

18 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Ok, thanks. Just making sure.

Pssst... hate to be that guy but... your post on the Ral Partha Witch by Dennis also has the same typo in the thread title and in the first post. :down:

Dang, it’s the auto-correct, it’s not me!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 3vil3lvis said:

So what you are saying with that last picture is that I have quarters that are bigger than him. =)

If they were standing up straight they might be about quarter sized, but sitting down like he is and squatting like she is, then your statement is certainly correct!

Your skin tones are great, and I think the all blue eyes add to the spooky voodoo effect.

• Like 2

I agree with @Warlady

He is an unholy trance causing his eyes to turn blue.

I love the skin and the hair on this little fellow.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Warlady said:

Your skin tones are great, and I think the all blue eyes add to the spooky voodoo effect.

So hopefully the blue eyes served a purpose.However if I really wanted to emphasize them, I probably should have done something additional to them.

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I agree with @Warlady

He is an unholy trance causing his eyes to turn blue.

I love the skin and the hair on this little fellow.

Yeah, that's what happens when I go into an unholy trance, I have to admit.

• Like 2

Older Partha sculpts had awesome anatomy, frankly more accurate than today's Reaper figures.

The downside is that makes the eyes TINY, especially on 28mm figures, and difficult to paint.

I'm a hand drummer, although I don't hold my drum this way, as my style is Middle Eastern instead of the more popular African (or bongos). Maybe I should get this guy just because of his drum?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 3vil3lvis said:

So what you are saying with that last picture is that I have quarters that are bigger than him. =)

Thank you Iridil!  It was easy to get highlights with his back, because he's thin and bony!

6 minutes ago, Madog Barfog said:

Older Partha sculpts had awesome anatomy, frankly more accurate than today's Reaper figures.

The downside is that makes the eyes TINY, especially on 28mm figures, and difficult to paint.

I'm a hand drummer, although I don't hold my drum this way, as my style is Middle Eastern instead of the more popular African (or bongos). Maybe I should get this guy just because of his drum?

It is sometime kind of realistic, and other times crazily exaggerated.  This little guys has a huge long drum-beating arm, probably not  quite proportional, but yeah, the eyes are pretty realistically proportioned, even though sadly way too small. 

I'd say yes, grab a copy, he's out there on Partha's web site, not expensive at all!  And who knows what other old gems you might find there!