Darsc Zacal

Change in minimum dollar amount for free delivery on Canadian orders.

Haven’t seen this mentioned here and it’s something I wasn’t aware of but there has been a change for Canadian orders minimum size requirement to qualify for free delivery.

It used to be $35 US but it’s now $75 US.

Dont know when that changed but someone over on Facebook noticed it when trying to place an order and someone else noticed it’s now in the FAQ for  Reapers online store.

I’ve copy/pasted the relevant section below.

EF51D99E-8AFE-471E-9E04-E2CA67829479.thumb.jpeg.c7a925d00224eff72127974272dd1bd3.jpeg

So yep. That happened.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

Wow, uhm... If only I wouldn't get hit by the mods for what I want to say.

So instead I'll just say small orders were how a lot of us were actually able to order,not because of trying to sneak past anything or whatnot but because $41 USD becomes $55 CAD give or take, which is actually affordable to someone with a tight budget.  A bit of warning would have been nice, to say the least, although the past six months or so communication has gone down a lot.   Actually, the past nine months or so now... 

So now to not have stupidly expensive shipping costs (last time I looked at rates they were not exactly cheap if you were under the threshold), I have to spend at least $100ish CAD... 

Having tracking become something that is optional and we have no choice over it either... That's definitely a step in the wrong direction too. 

Yup, some sort of "hey, changes are coming to these several things" would have been greatly appreciated - and it being posted across every single platform that Reaper is on.  This trend of news only being posted to one Facebook account (but not the site, the forums, or y'know, even just emailed to customers when some things seriously change) is a huge disservice to your customers, doubly so if posted on something that is unreliable, confusing, and impossible to index and/or search for proper, and relevant information. 

• Like 12

I guess I snuck in an order right before that went live then. That's pretty irritating. And yeah, finding about it via a customer on Facebook? What the heck. I get it if shipping internationally for free at a low point becomes unsustainable, but for goodness sake, tell us! 

I suppose I won't be ordering direct anymore. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I suppose I won't be ordering direct anymore.

Sadly that's probably going to have to be the way I go as well.  $100 CAD per order, and not even being guaranteed a tracking number? 

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Sadly that's probably going to have to be the way I go as well.  $100 CAD per order, and not even being guaranteed a tracking number? 

The higher dollar amount also makes it more likely to attract Canada Customs attention regarding us being charged duties and taxes.

And no more multiple orders for promotions like the 12 Days of Reaper from many of us Canadians I’m guessing. Or even trying to keep up with the monthly freebies.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

The higher dollar amount also makes it more likely to attract Canada Customs attention regarding us being charged duties and taxes.

And no more multiple orders for promotions like the 12 Days of Reaper from many of us Canadians I’m guessing. Or even trying to keep up with the monthly freebies.

No kidding on the 12 days of Reaper one. Stinks more because I was smelling Hannukah in the mix. Maybe I could justify sending stuff to my mom in OR, but right now I'm also feeling kinda spiteful and disgruntled. Certainly wouldn't be coming right here for the holidays. 

• Sad 3

Not just Canadian.

Europe has now 45 euro, used to be 40 euro.

Inflation/Tariffs etc, I can understand that, no real problem although better communication about it would have been nice.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

... wait. Tracking numbers are optional now? Excuse me what?

That, I definitely don't like. I'm not a fan of the jump in the minimum for free shipping either, and even less of a fan of the /complete lack of warning/.

Meh. MEH, I say.

• Like 4

I wonder if this is USPS’s fault? Well, the price increase, not the non-communication. Just checked and the post office currently charges $17.25 for a small (.3kg) first class package (there’s the no tracking) to Vancouver! Their flat rate Priority Mail International for a small box (8x5x2 in) or the archaic video sized is $26.85.

EDIT: Eh, this maybe was just them taking too long to adjust between rate changes. This year’s postage increases were 4-6% according to the post office.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Yup, some sort of "hey, changes are coming to these several things" would have been greatly appreciated - and it being posted across every single platform that Reaper is on.  This trend of news only being posted to one Facebook account (but not the site, the forums, or y'know, even just emailed to customers when some things seriously change) is a huge disservice to your customers, doubly so if posted on something that is unreliable, confusing, and impossible to index and/or search for proper, and relevant information. 

Sadly, communication seems to be the one thing they're consistently bad at - and now that the only people who were on top of things are gone it's become even more fractured and impossible to keep up with...

• Like 3

A couple of thoughts:

1) Last year there was the option to outright purchase 12 Days minis, easing the need for multiple $40 orders.  Hopefully this will continue.

2) Having orders delivered to a package acceptance place south of the border might be a more useful option now.  

And finally, I'm wondering when the free shipping in the USA threshold will increase to $40...  I mean, with the $40 freebies I don't expect that there are many orders intentionally over $35 but under $40 anyway.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

And finally, I'm wondering when the free shipping in the USA threshold will increase to $40...  I mean, with the $40 freebies I don't expect that there are many orders intentionally over $35 but under $40 anyway.

It's $40 now.

I tested this by tossing some stuff in my cart until the subtotal was above $35 but below $40 and going to check out (note: this is what displays on mobile):

Screenshot_20190614-071341.thumb.png.5e7b0b691f9368b538d63bf319427173.png

Second screenshot, further down the page:

Screenshot_20190614-071412.thumb.png.4a860acbe84f52b49a454e9a17e92d31.png

So, yeah. <_<

--OneBoot

Edited by OneBoot
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

7 minutes ago, JackMann said:

https://www.reapermini.com/faq#store5

This needs to be updated, then, since it still lists $35 as the free shipping threshold. 

Pretty much how my though process was working.  I didn't have time to test on the website, I was just going by what Darsc posted at the top of the thread.  

At least now there will be fewer complaints from people who accidentally ordered $39 of stuff and missed out on the free mini promo.  But having the wrong info in the FAQ is really embarrassing.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1