Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Change in minimum dollar amount for free delivery on Canadian orders.

On 6/20/2019 at 3:21 PM, Corsair said:

Just to give you an idea of what shipping to Canada does from the U.S. I was going to send a book to someone in Canada. I figured 10-15 dollars. It would be $39.00 for a single book! It would cost less to send to Europe!

I remember reading that the biggest difference in between Canada vs ROW shipping is that most of Canadian orders are shipped by road and charged by weight, while ROW is shipped by sea where volume is a bigger concern than weight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm still ticked that the cost of a postage stamp to Canada (or Mexico) from the US went up to standard ROW a few years back. Favoured trading partner my fanny. Only a year or two into my moving to the States before my family and I gave up on sending physical presents and whatnot very often.

• Like 4
  • Sad 6

I wouldn't mind them upping it so much if they hadn't upped it SO MUCH that it knocks us over the customs threshold. That really sucks Reaper. If they had even kept it to $70 there would be more chance we would be able to slide on through. Worst is you get charged mostly for the collecting of the charges for stuff around $100.

On 6/14/2019 at 9:23 AM, buglips*the*goblin said:

My real worry, not limited to Reaper, is that online shopping having been around long enough to eliminate quite a lot of b&m stores, I'm now finding myself gradually priced out of numerous online options due to shipping.  eBay, for example, is now so high for me shipping-wise I don't even go there anymore.  I may find myself, in the not-distant future, in something of a hobby desert if these trends continue.  

Yeah I feel that. Being a tabletop gamer in Canada who really doesn't want PDFs vs books is... a very expensive hobby. In retrospect I am sort of relieved pathfinder is pretty much done... I no longer have incentive to back RPG books on KS really... that was costing me a fortune.

On 6/14/2019 at 11:15 AM, buglips*the*goblin said:

To what extent this will happen broadly long-term I can't say, but it's probably a fair average estimate based on previous years' spending that this will be about $200 less Reaper will pick up from me annually from incidental purchases where I would make a small order for something + extra, which will now either get folded into less-frequent planned purchases or will result in me adding substitutes to an order from elsewhere.  

For Reaper, this math might work out if the free shipping at $35 was eating too much money so the example is not to show where they would be losing money from me, it's just to show how my purchasing pattern will change as a result and there will be fewer orders of "I need this one thing, let me get some other things while I'm here".  

Yeah, most of my orders have been impulse buys because of the mini of the month tbh. This threshold removes most of that temptation.

• Like 3

On 6/14/2019 at 4:18 PM, Cyradis said:

ReaperLive is extremely irritating imo. It is rambling and unfocused, and takes 40mins - 1hr to to what should be done in 10-15mins. And then it doesn't even cover stuff like this, from what I hear from people who actually watch it. 

Yeah, WHY. I am sorry but please for the love of god don't make videos more than 10 minutes long unless you're like... nintendo, and every minute is polished and bursting with news. I have ADHD and I really dislike Reaper's move to video over text coms.

• Like 3

I enjoy the Reaper videos. I don't think they're a problem in any way. For those that like that format they're a hoot. The problem is that Reaper isn't posting important information in other places. If they were updating the news thread in the forums, posting info and changes on the front page of their store site, and posting it on other social platforms, the ReaperLive videos would simply be gravy. An optional way to engage with Reaper and ask questions in real time. Making the videos the main, and sometimes only source for information is the issue. 

I say keep the videos coming. Just don't neglect the storefront, forums and (ノ`Д´)ノ︵ ʞooqǝɔɐɟ.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2