Jump to content

Pending Errata Additions


Recommended Posts

A few rules clarifications missing from the current errata have been caught via Discord discussions.  I'm making this post to hopefully track them in a more official manner.  Only rules clarifications statements made by Jon/CAVBoss himself will be included; he's the final word on all rules, after all.

 

  • Motorized infantry that mount a transport become regular infantry and lose any movement bonus (since they left their rides behind to get on the transport).
    • Gromik's commentary:  I believe this only applies to "Motorized" upgrade on p. 132.  CAVBoss would have to comment on whether it applies to "Jump Pack" on p.132 or not.  I assume not, as adding the "Jump Pack" upgrade adds the SA: Bulky, so it could be retained at the cost of 2 transport spots per infantry model vs the standard 1 spot per model.
  • P.56, Strike Point Roll clarification:  It is possible to target lock any point on the playing area for use in an Indirect Fire ranged assault.  This allows for use of Advanced Targeting Computer bonuses and SA: Chain-Fire Pod.

 

If anyone is aware of other missing clarifications/errata items, please note them here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Reaper User
1 hour ago, Gromik said:

A few rules clarifications missing from the current errata have been caught via Discord discussions.  I'm making this post to hopefully track them in a more official manner.  Only rules clarifications statements made by Jon/CAVBoss himself will be included; he's the final word on all rules, after all.

 

  • Motorized infantry that mount a transport become regular infantry and lose any movement bonus (since they left their rides behind to get on the transport).
    • Gromik's commentary:  I believe this only applies to "Motorized" upgrade on p. 132.  CAVBoss would have to comment on whether it applies to "Jump Pack" on p.132 or not.  I assume not, as adding the "Jump Pack" upgrade adds the SA: Bulky, so it could be retained at the cost of 2 transport spots per infantry model vs the standard 1 spot per model.
  • P.56, Strike Point Roll clarification:  It is possible to target lock any point on the playing area for use in an Indirect Fire ranged assault.  This allows for use of Advanced Targeting Computer bonuses and SA: Chain-Fire Pod.

 

If anyone is aware of other missing clarifications/errata items, please note them here.

The question as it was applied refers to the upgrade motorized. If you choose to mount them in a transport, they will lose that upgrade and the MV bonus it provided. Infantry with the jump pack upgrade can still be transported without losing the upgrade as the SA Bulky takes that into account.

 

Strike Points: It has been and remains so. A Strike Point is always at point on the "map." During a game that spot is often occupied by an enemy model and players refer to the model as the target, but by the rules it is the spot that model occupies. You can target-lock that spot and as a target-lock has no set range, it could be anywhere on the board, but it is still governed by the range of the weapon system used as to whether you can/could shoot at it. You could get a weird situation where a model with EST target-locks a spot well beyond its range, preventing the firing of rockets, but a model in its squad is in range of both the targeted area and the EST "bubble" allowing for the shot.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a Strike Point question:

 

Can you target multiple Strike Points, in the same way(and with the same penalties) that a CAV can shoot at multiple targets with a normal Ranged Attack?

 

I assume that if yes, you would be required to declare which weapons were aimed as which Strike Points before rolling any dice, to prevent shenanigans or abuse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Reaper User
On 6/15/2019 at 6:30 PM, Weird-O said:

Here's a Strike Point question:

 

Can you target multiple Strike Points, in the same way(and with the same penalties) that a CAV can shoot at multiple targets with a normal Ranged Attack?

 

I assume that if yes, you would be required to declare which weapons were aimed as which Strike Points before rolling any dice, to prevent shenanigans or abuse.

Yes and yes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 4:24 PM, CAVBOSS said:

Strike Points: ... You could get a weird situation where a model with EST target-locks a spot well beyond its range, preventing the firing of rockets, but a model in its squad is in range of both the targeted area and the EST "bubble" allowing for the shot.

CAVBoss, I'm not following. Can you clarify this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Reaper User
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:49 AM, papabees said:

CAVBoss, I'm not following. Can you clarify this?

OK..using my crude drawing...

CAV A wishes to fire Rockets at the enemy CAV 56" away making it an extreme range shot. CAV B has rockets and EST and uses an action to target-lock (no range limits) the enemy model and transferring that with EST (range 36") to CAV A, 18" away. CAV B cannot attack the enemy CAV with any weapon systems as it is beyond its range.

example.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...