Metalchaos

02603, Skrug the Bugbear Shaman

OUTSTANDING! The Big personable Shaman & the equally personable skull on his staff painted up BEAUTIFULLY. I love your color choices AND the base is SPLENDIDVERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

Thank you. I'm glad you like it. I mostly used dull colors to paint the Goblinoid. I think it helps see some detail better, like the tooth-shape jade gemstone, the magical effect running down its staff and the feathers. Also, I like how the left horn of the ram skull is bended differently. It was a great model to paint.

• Like 1

I really like that skull on the end of the staff and how the teeth color is different from the rest of the bone. I usually just paint it all a bone color, but may try this out in the future.

• Like 2

As expected (after seeing other paintjobs by you) again a great paintjob and yes I also think you made some pretty good colour choices here. Thumbs up!!!

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cicciopiu
      Hello girls and guys, the slower painter in the world is back 
      Finally accomplished to paint this pompous guy, the Burgermeister. I've chose a colorful palette to reflect the opulence of the office, but also the lack of style (purple and turquoise?  why man?!?!).
      Painting the gems frames was insane... really peps: don't do that! just paint the gems  
      In the end I'm quite happy of him, hope you'll like him too:

Every C&C is more than welcome, let me know what you would have done different or what you don't like :)
      Thanks
    • By Maledrakh
      From the Bones 1 core set, a basic lizardman with typically primitive stone spear and turtle shell shield. This mini has good quality details, especially seeing as this is an early softish bones model.

77050 Lizardman Warrior
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 1 KS 2012
      Sculpted by Ben Siens
      Bonesium PVC.
      30mm round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here are some group picture of my Player Character and a NPC in our D&D games. All Reaper Miniatures models; 03492, Autumn Bronzeleaf Elf Wizard sculpted by Jeff Grace. Converted 77038, Hell Hound sculpted by Ben Siens. 02771, Lorus Hightower sculpted by Sandra Garrity. The elf wizard is one of my player characters, she's a wood elf druidess and I called her Kiarah Amanodel aka Moonflower. Her riding dog Khan was converted from a Hell Hound. And, Firecracker will be an important non-playing character in an opcoming campaign.

I hope you enjoy, comments and critiques are welcome.

• By Ducknuck84
      Only used 8 colors for the troll. Base coated him in Reaper's troll flesh and harvest brown for the loincloth. Then a wash with citadel Nuln oil wash and Vallejo sepia wash for the cloth. Next a highlight of orc flesh over almost all of the muscles leaving just enough of the base and wash showing for the deep valleys of the muscles. Finally a glaze of troll flesh over the whole thing to blend it all together. Final touches were desert sand for the claws/teeth, coal black for the hair which was highlighted with Dark elf highlights and ogre flesh for the eyes. I think some of the new troll from Bones 4 have probably surpassed this old cave troll but one reason I like him is that he is the same size and almost the same look as the old DnD chainmail battered troll skeleton mini.

• By Cicciopiu
      Hello forum, wanna share with you all my last work, Aluminar Winterbeard. As always I've tried my best to make it as realistic as possible (for my skillz :P ).
      Well I'm pretty happy of him, maybe he lack some touch here and there, like the beard or the skull on the base, but in the end he looks ok to my eyes :)

Hope you'll like him as well :)

And, as always, every c&c is more than welcome!
      Thanks
  • Who's Online   27 Members, 1 Anonymous, 178 Guests (See full list)