Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

I haven't had a chance to watch the stream, but does anyone know how long the pledge manager will remain open after the initial close of the Kickstarter? I'm hoping it will be the same as Bones 4.

Reverend Shartan

• Like 3

I have gotten a Core set in Bones 2, 3, and 4, and I'll almost certainly get it in 5, as well. There's enough stuff in there that I can use, and stuff I don't already have. The extra kobolds aren't necessary, but they're not going to hurt to have, either. There's a lot less duplicates with them than there have been for some other mobs in the past, so that's good. I think they're dragon-ish enough that I can deal with using them alongside Bones 3's kobolds. I expect that the Core will have more than enough stuff in it overall that I'll be satisfied with it one way or another.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I just hope that wormhole Reaper used for shipping Bones 4 to Canada is still open when they ship out Bones 5.

Wormhole beats Wave. ^_^

I agree.  That was awesome to see! 

54 minutes ago, Piata said:

I just hope Canada doesn't get destroyed on shipping charges this go around. The $80 USD free shipping limit from the Reaper store hurts.

I used to order at least once a month.  Since the new rates, I haven't put an order in with Reaper.  Sure, I've been taking care of this and that, but having to have $105ish CAD in a cart means I have to decide what I want, and be a lot more selective of things. I'm not worried about customs, but still (I assume I'm getting a bill with every package I bring over).. 

Hence why I hope that Silver Fox thing happens sooner than later, because CAV is free shipping at $40 CAD because of this. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Hence why I hope that Silver Fox Thing happens sooner than later, because CAV is free shipping at $40 CAD because of this. 

SFT ? :huh: ?     whazzzat?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Reverend Shartan said:

I haven't had a chance to watch the stream, but does anyone know how long the pledge manager will remain open after the initial close of the Kickstarter? I'm hoping it will be the same as Bones 4.

From comments on Reaper Live, I don't think anyone, including Reaper management, knows how long the pledge manager will be open. But not being an employee, that's just an inference.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, TGP said:

SFT ? :huh: ?     whazzzat?

Well, on the one paw, it's a thing that happens to be a silver fox. And it stole your cookies. They were delicious. 

In a les silly manner, they're a fulfillment company that Talon Games works with for their Canadian orders.  Ron mentioned they were in talks with Silver Fox for Canadian distribution in order to not have such a "painfully high" (my re-wording, not his) free shipping threshold, as well as quite possibly much faster shipment times.  Most of Canada would go from 7-10 business days down to 3-5.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Silver Fox would be another name for RAFM, the venerable Canadian miniatures company, and not a fulfilment company. But they are in Canada and should have a setup for shipping.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Have they said anything about the chance of Bones Black busts?

I specifically (well, I just said 'bones') asked about this on Reaper live last night, and the response was 'there's a chance'.

I'd take that with a whole lot of salt, though.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

From comments on Reaper Live, I don't think anyone, including Reaper management, knows how long the pledge manager will be open. But not being an employee, that's just an inference.

Thanks for the info, Doug. Greatly appreciated :)

Reverend Shartan

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

Have there even been busts in a Bones Kickstarter?

Not in the previous ones.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Sadly, according to last nights reaper live, NOT a lot of sci-fi, except for chronoscope expansion (hopefully it is better then last KS)

That's disappointing.  I was hoping after the last KS that we would get a bunch of exciting sci-fi and pulp figures, especially with Ron being such an Indiana Jones fan. 

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Inarah said:

That's disappointing.  I was hoping after the last KS that we would get a bunch of exciting sci-fi and pulp figures, especially with Ron being such an Indiana Jones fan. 

They said on ReaperLive we wouldn’t be getting much sci-fi, but it was hinted at we’d be getting something else for chronoscope.

I don’t know, but I’m hoping for pulp or maybe steampunk.

• Like 13

Reaper's sci-fi tends to be "hit or miss" with me with very little between.

I didn't like the Chronoscope expansion quite enough last time to go in, but I bought a couple of the modern scenery packs.

Which reminds me, I should probably put in an order on the 2nd or 3rd for some of those figures I wanted...especially now that we have the jerry cans and barriers out...

Pulp is good (when not in OJ)!  It goes with Cthulhu rather nicely.

• Like 9

The chronoscope expansion from the last project contained only a few minis I didnt have in metal, otherwise I would have been interested.  

• Like 8