Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

5 minutes ago, Madmaxneo said:

Are all those minis in the first post just the core set? There are some awesome dragon minis in that post! 

No. Those are all the Bones 5 minis we’ve had sneak peeks of so far.

Only the two pics of the grouped minis are in the core set.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, TGP said:

But, but, but, but...

Happy Sepuku went broke in the textured bases business, and there is folk with rollers fer sale, and all’s ya gotta do is cover the top in green stuff (or the brown or the grey putty) and ***mush*** the roller in ...and done. 

Jumping in to a niche business line where others already exist and are struggling is...

...just no. 

I was under the impression Happy Seppukku closed shop for personal reasons? It's a shame if it was because market pushed them out:( I have quite a few of their texture stamps, they are really useful. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It was personal from what I heard.  They had to choose between that and another of their businesses that they liked better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ttuckerman said:

It was personal from what I heard.  They had to choose between that and another of their businesses that they liked better.

Thought that was Hanger 18. I know they had a second business that booming & they had to close (soon?) H18 due to that. I know HS closed due to personal reason but I think it was family related.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TGP said:

But, but, but, but...

Happy Sepuku went broke in the textured bases business, and there is folk with rollers fer sale, and all’s ya gotta do is cover the top in green stuff (or the brown or the grey putty) and ***mush*** the roller in ...and done. 

Jumping in to a niche business line where others already exist and are struggling is...

...just no. 

I'm not referring to them making rollers...  I'm referring to pre-made ones ready to go.  Several companies out there make really detailed resin ones, but I'd suspect a lot of people don't want to go through the effort of getting rollers and/or stamps just to put basic patterns down. 

You can get base toppers from several sources too, but yeah, not many where it's just a case of glue down your mini and they're on a bumpy field now. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

BLASPHEMY!  OJ without pulp is orange sugar water!

Look, if I want to eat my beverage I'll have a pint (or three) of stout...which sounds pretty good right now.

The more I look at that dragon in the core, the more I think it will be "droopy."  Speaking as a "not engineer" shouldn't it be fairly simple to to figure out the area of a contact point, the weight of the plastic that it must support, and determine whether or not those numbers are in alignment?  I know that there would be other variables (like temperature), but...

I think I'm liking that cloaker (120) as well.  It would make a nice substitute for a giant bat and a straight pin could probably hold off any potential droopiness.

And I find myself wanting to make warbands out of the kobolds, Greek-style adventurers, and merfolk.  I already picked up a couple aquatic critter-types with that thought, but never took the idea further.  The bathaliens hold some promise there as well as there's already a pirate and a caster-type with a staff.

I really want to see that Greek-style expansion (or whatever).

• Like 4

Got my Bones 5 Magic 8 Ball*** all set up!

***aka a simple spreadsheet where I say what I'd love to have, what I think it costs retail, then it calculates the total prices based on that and if the core/expansion set is a better deal in the KS or from the FLGS.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm not referring to them making rollers...  I'm referring to pre-made ones ready to go.  Several companies out there make really detailed resin ones, but I'd suspect a lot of people don't want to go through the effort of getting rollers and/or stamps just to put basic patterns down. 

You can get base toppers from several sources too, but yeah, not many where it's just a case of glue down your mini and they're on a bumpy field now. 

I picked up some of the Micro Art Studio base system toppers, and I was disappointed. They fit into the 1" round bases that came with Bones 4, but there's a plastic perimeter around the ridge that I don't like. I want bases that reach the edge of the 1" round base, or just the base integrated. 

Edit: I should say, the toppers themselves look very nice, though they're a little crowded, making it hard to actually fit minis on some of them, but the ring around the edge is what disappointed me.

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
added clarity.
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

And Brussels Sprouts lost. So we never have to see them again.

So first of all, we Dire Cabbage fans don't appreciate this slur, if Dire Cabbage are anything, they're clearly Irish. Secondly, the poll was very obviously rigged and until there is a recount to include all of the #cabbage votes prior to the change to #dire, we will never accept these results. 

::P:

• Haha 13

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Reaper has stated in the past that they do not want to compete in the pre-textured base business, because of the wide variety of options already out there.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 3

I missed the poll regarding Dire Cabbage, but I am 100% in favor of Dire Cabbages. If they exist though, they also need to be Flying Dire Cabbages.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Dire Cabbage Concept Art:

645282434_DireCabbage.jpg.78a392bbc5c6993b7128281d06b1d332.jpg

Mouth should be deep enough/large enough to insert Sir Forescale to mid-shoulder for munching.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9