Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

Finally finished the inventory for my Bones IV rewards with all present and accounted for!

Bring on Bones V!!

• Like 7

HA! I've painted 21 minis this year already!

And I only have a few hundred 20 minis waiting for paint!

I can handle Bones V!!!

image.png.29f010ee999cdcafeae8332480573e4a.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, StarFyre said:

why? how?

sanjay

I sculpted the Catoblepas (see spoiler for proof. :poke:), so your desire for it made me happy. That's all.

Spoiler

cato.jpg.80575ea03d19051d5f48bb5d6d23b081.jpgcato2.jpg.6d233d1ea51e78884fd1618b50f9a570.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, TaleSpinner said:

I sculpted the Catoblepas, so your desire for it made me happy. That's all.

Reveal hidden contents

cato.jpg.80575ea03d19051d5f48bb5d6d23b081.jpgcato2.jpg.6d233d1ea51e78884fd1618b50f9a570.jpg

I definitely liked the mini when it was revealed.. 

I also have this almost insane urge to paint that flail tail as a koosh ball for some reason... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

57 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I sculpted the Catoblepas (see spoiler for proof. :poke:), so your desire for it made me happy. That's all.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm gonna modify it a bit and make a base like this. 

2605974176_small_1.jpg

May add some hairs to it as well.

While ppl here have prob realized (as ppl did on the cmon forums years ago) that I'm all about massive monsters, dragons etc. I also like rare monsters. Bones 4 I was one of the ppl asking for slaad. And we got a few. This time astral dreadnought, titan, larger golems would be nice. Didn't expect a catoblepas but it's certainly new. Don't have one :)

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 9

I've never once used a catoblepas in all my years DMing. They just look so goofy, usually... I like the look of this one. I may still add wings and make it some sort of dragon, though...

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

I'm gonna modify it a bit and make a base like this. 

https://i.skyrock.net/6157/64856157/pics/2605974176_small_1.jpg

May add some hairs to it as well.

Sanjay

Cool. It has hair on the belly, but otherwise I was following Izzy's art.  I tried to take inspiration from Indian Rhinos and Hippos for the skin.

I too plan on doing a swamp base.  I want to paint mine and do a resin base pour with it half submerged in the swamp.  Gotta take @LordDave's resin class next year.  This year we were teaching at the same time and I couldn't.  

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

All these people wanting Dire cabbages, and nobody's asked for a Dire Broccoli?  

Cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kale, cauliflower ... call it what you like, it's all B. Oleracea and it's all wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I've never once used a catoblepas in all my years DMing. They just look so goofy, usually... I like the look of this one. I may still add wings and make it some sort of dragon, though...

There's a LOT of monsters I've never encountered in my years as a player.  It's nice that the KS can help bring them to us.  Now we need hatchling and young catoblepas. 

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Cool. It has hair on the belly, but otherwise I was following Izzy's art.  I tried to take inspiration from Indian Rhinos and Hippos for the skin.

I too plan on doing a swamp base.  I want to paint mine and do a resin base pour with it half submerged in the swamp.  Gotta take @LordDave's resin class next year.  This year we were teaching at the same time and I couldn't.  

if you need other advice on resin pours, i may be able to help. i went through a lot of tests, etc for my dragon turtle base/diorama :)

sanjay

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

All these people wanting Dire cabbages, and nobody's asked for a Dire Broccoli?  

You'd need to paint it up like the Broccoli from the old Cartoon Sushi shorts. Well, at least I would need to do that.

• Like 2

I know it's unlikely to happen with bones 5, but i would be thrilled with some mini's based on creatures from Dark Sun. A Colossal Cloud Ray mini, a grisgol, silt horrors, and thri-kreen adventurers. 

• Like 5