Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

I'm sure this has been asked before, so I apologize in advance. Did we ever get a confirmation about whether there is a small 1 or 5 dollar pledge level again this year?

• Like 1

Don’t know but I miss most announcements, hints and teasers. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pineapple said:

I'm sure this has been asked before, so I apologize in advance. Did we ever get a confirmation about whether there is a small 1 or 5 dollar pledge level again this year?

Nothing confirmed yet, to my knowledge.

• Like 1

I don't understand the small $1 pledge.  What does that get you rewards wise?

• Like 1

Just now, Rignes said:

It gets you access to the Pledge Manager. Basically, if you don't want to, or can't afford to, go in for the $120 core pledge, the $1 pledge gets your foot in the door. After the KS closes, you can still up your pledge in the Pledge Manager.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I'm not planning on spending *quite* that much... Even with the new job. 

What does your plan have to do with how much you will spend?  In my experience these two things rarely have any correlation to each other.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

Just now, TaleSpinner said:
47 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I'm not planning on spending *quite* that much... Even with the new job. 

What does your plan have to do with how much you will spend?  In my experience these two thing rarely have any correlation to each other.

I mean, there's *some* correlation to each other. Maybe a 1:2 ratio of planned vs actual... 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

I mean, there's *some* correlation to each other. Maybe a 1:2 ratio of planned vs actual... 

Keep telling yourself that. ::P:

We're under 2 hours people!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Rignes said:

It lets you smack talk in the comments area of the KS. You get all emails and updates as the campaign progresses.  And if you want to increase your pledge  you can easily do so at any time.  If you can't afford to pledge the big bucks right away, it's a placeholder for next year as long as the pledge manger is open. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TaleSpinner said:

Keep telling yourself that. ::P:

We're under 2 hours people!

I will!! ::P:

I think my initial pledge is gonna be... let's see... 1 core set is 120... I guess $300? Gives me some room to grow, depending on what comes out and how it get bundled together. 

1 minute ago, Inarah said:

It lets you smack talk in the comments area of the KS. You get all emails and updates as the campaign progresses.  And if you want to increase your pledge  you can easily do so at any time.  If you can't afford to pledge the big bucks right away, it's a placeholder for next year as long as the pledge manger is open. 

So much smack talking in the comments. :rolleyes:

• Like 5

I've never partaken in a Reaper Kickstarter before.  If I pledge $120 and nothing else has that historically gotten you the entire core set if it gets fully funded?

• Like 2

I'm just glad I'm set to get my quarterly bonus from work in November. It allows me to pledge without as much concern, overall.

That said, my pledges have grown with each KS since Bones 2. I hope this one winds up lower, because I don't "need" the dragons and such anymore, but we'll see what Reaper produces.

1 minute ago, Rignes said:

I've never partaken in a Reaper Kickstarter before.  If I pledge $120 and nothing else has that historically gotten you the entire core set if it gets fully funded?

You can spend the $120 on whatever you want in the Pledge Manager,a ctually. You don't have to get the Core set at all if you don't want to.

• Like 4

Just now, Rignes said:

It will be funded, don't you worry. And yes, $120 will get you the entire core set, whether you pledge at the $1 level, then add in 119 more, or if you pledge at the $120 level. And the core set will absolutely grow!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jeepnewbie said:

If I remember correctly last Kickstarter if you did the core set.  Your card didn’t get charged until it closed correct?

Correct. End of the KS campaign.

2 minutes ago, Rignes said:

Yes.

And “fully funded” usually takes very little time. 

Edited by Pegazus
Added clarification as to charging
  • Like 3