Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

14 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

What is Bryan up to these days?

Isn’t he over at Secret Weapon now? Or am I thinking of someone else?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marc said:

Isn’t he over at Secret Weapon now? Or am I thinking of someone else?

He was but not any more.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Wait, what?

Yah Bryan stepped down quite awhile ago. Personal reasons.

3 hours ago, Reaper Ron said:

Nah, don't read too much into things. Gene is drawing a cool map that could actually be used in any sort of rpg adventure. The stretch goals are just reached progressively. The map is just a fun graphic to track the success of the Kickstarter. ::):

Any thought of having a rpg perk pack of things like Reaper maps & such? It'd make running a game at say RCon fun for people if they ran the same dungeon as our intrepid KS heroes did.

2 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

That is interesting to see the top path branch into two paths as it goes down.  Wonder what that means?  Will backers get to choose which path gets followed, or will two paths be going simultaneously?    Actually it looks like one of the branches splits again at the bottom.  I don't think we've had a Bone Kickstarter map that had multiple paths before...

Possibility of a Expansion pack route perhaps? Due to those being larger buy ins in Bones Kickstarters (also optional to the buyer as well).

• Like 6

the next 2 weeks are gonna be interesting -- cant wait to see whats in store for us :) :) :)

there was a nice art of a catoblepas in a swampy pond/lake a while back.  Im really looking forward to it. will try to recreate that maybe :)

in mean while i now have an opportunity to get a potential grail kit (what many garage kit ppl consider a holy grail of kits), but need to generate $500 in a couple weeks.   

time to put more bones and other stuff on ebay.  trying to avoid selling my magic cards (dual lands, mox, etc)...

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Reaper Ron said:

Gene Van Horne has been feverishly drawing the stretch goals maps. Once he's done, I'll put the labels on. 

Sneak peek.

maptease.jpg

Ooh, an overland map this time!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Reaper Ron said:

Gene Van Horne has been feverishly drawing the stretch goals maps. Once he's done, I'll put the labels on. 

Sneak peek.

maptease.jpg

Oooohh. Are we gonna Split the Party??

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Oh a thread 

I will be cherry picking this Kickstarter. We are moving away from our gaming group , and we also have a pretty well rounded mini collection now , so I will just be buying stuff I want to paint and anything he sees that he just has to have for his gaming

Definitely getting the dragons, war mammoth, hippogriff and Hydra

On 9/17/2019 at 8:31 AM, pcktlnt said:

There was a bones 5 flyer in the reapercon packet? I feel like they handed me incomplete bags. >__<

I didn't get one either :(

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Definitely getting the dragons, war mammoth, hippogriff and Hydra

Not the catoblepas? but it looks so cute :) :)

Sanjay

• Like 2

Dunno what it is, but the catoblepas isn't striking my fancy. Glad it is around, but it is one I can do without. I'm sure I'll find other stuff in B5 to snag :)

• Like 4

One thing people may want to wait on before judging would be studio photographs of things that people took images of at ReaperCon.  If the photos were taken on a mobile phone, odds are there is some distortion introduced due to the pic being taken only a foot or two away with a wide angle lens.  Wide angle lenses tend to have a habit of distorting things in weird ways. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1