Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

21 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

Don't look now, but we're 2/3 of the way through September and 3/4 is just around the corner.

Yep...I am filled with dread of having Jury Duty the day before.....LAME...

• Like 1

Can't remember if I've written it or not....  I'm still debating as to what my thoughts are on the $120 cost for the core set.  I think I'll be holding off on my thoughts until I see what's included, and what else gets added in throughout the Kickstarter.  I do know though that dragons are an interest, as are a number of the minis that have been previewed so far, especially the Oriental ones...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Can't remember if I've written it or not....  I'm still debating as to what my thoughts are on the $120 cost for the core set.  I think I'll be holding off on my thoughts until I see what's included, and what else gets added in throughout the Kickstarter.  I do know though that dragons are an interest, as are a number of the minis that have been previewed so far, especially the Oriental ones...

Oh?  $120?  I didnt know that...hmmmm.  Sounds like prices might not be as good this time around.  I guess thats to be expected considering the current trade climate.

I just hope any big minis dont get messed up like Argent did....*crosses finger*

• Like 5

I'm fine with a $120 core set. Trade issues are a problem. Instability in the polymer industry is largely kept out of the public eye but there's issues there as well. Looming economic issues are looming. Bumping the cost of the core set just makes sense.

To be honest I'm surprised they stuck to $120. $125 is, oddly enough, the "rounder" number.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Though what would be great is if they created plugs for the back so you could have wings or no wings on all winged medium creatures.  Best of both worlds.

Most of the gargoyles, devils, angels, demons, winged medium anythings have had separate wings. So just leave off the wings and boom: Tiefling. Piece of caeke. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Looter said:

I have to say I like the Amber Dragon alot more than Gauth, that alone is a nice addition

yea, my gauth is still in his baggie...one day i'll paint him

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

yea, my gauth is still in his baggie...one day i'll paint him

I’d been asking for Gauth since the first Bones kickstarter.

ReaperBryan used to say, wouldn’t you like something better.

I was lucky enough to finally break down and buy the metal version shortly before Reaper unexpectedly ceased production of their metal dragons.

Now I have the metal Gauth still in his case, and the Bones one still in its baggy until I decide which version I want to do first.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Most of the gargoyles, devils, angels, demons, winged medium anythings have had separate wings. So just leave off the wings and boom: Tiefling. Piece of caeke. 

Nope, nope....Thats where you are wrong.   Now I have to fill those holes.  THEN I have to do the thing that I cant seem to get the hang of.  Sculpt....Even something as simple as that is lost on me.  So no I need plugs that match the back.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Nope, nope....Thats where you are wrong.   Now I have to fill those holes.  THEN I have to do the thing that I cant seem to get the hang of.  Sculpt....Even something as simple as that is lost on me.  So no I need plugs that match the back.

Given that limitation it would probably be just as easy (and a cleaner end result) if Reaper simply put Winged and Wingless Versions of The figure in the same stainless steel mold. 

Rather than a fiddly plug just swap the figures whenever the Tiefling activates its flight ability 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I’d been asking for Gauth since the first Bones kickstarter.

ReaperBryan used to say, wouldn’t you like something better.

I was lucky enough to finally break down and buy the metal version shortly before Reaper unexpectedly ceased production of their metal dragons.

Now I have the metal Gauth still in his case, and the Bones one still in its baggy until I decide which version I want to do first.

The more humanoid dragon style just isn't my thing. Gauth's body design with the more human looking limbs and hands are less appealing to me than more reptillian dragons like Ebonwrath or Blightfang

I feel the same about any monster that is supposed to be monstrous,but instead looks more like a human with a head and tail attached. Some cat people designs come to mind, where they are basically humans with pointy ears and a tail, rather than soemthing more feline in body shape

It is one reason I prefer lizardmen and dragonborn with tails over tailless versions, the tailless ones make me feel like I might as well just be using a human mini

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, TGP said:

Given that limitation it would probably be just as easy (and a cleaner end result) if Reaper simply put Winged and Wingless Versions of The figure in the same stainless steel mold. 

Rather than a fiddly plug just swap the figures whenever the Tiefling activates its flight ability 

I could live with that.  I would even say its easier to put wings on a miniature than it is to sculpt a new back....for me...

9 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

The more humanoid dragon style just isn't my thing. Gauth's body design with the more human looking limbs and hands are less appealing to me than more reptillian dragons like Ebonwrath or Blightfang

I feel the same about any monster that is supposed to be monstrous,but instead looks more like a human with a head and tail attached. Some cat people designs come to mind, where they are basically humans with pointy ears and a tail, rather than soemthing more feline in body shape

It is one reason I prefer lizardmen and dragonborn with tails over tailless versions, the tailless ones make me feel like I might as well just be using a human mini

I have to disagree with your take on Ebonwrath and Blightfang.  They dont have "reptilian" bodies.  They look more like feline bodies.  Sure they have scales but, the way they would walk and stand...Just like a cat.  Which is what I like.  

• Like 5