Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

1 hour ago, fletcherpeatross said:

Beat me to it.

70831390_764398597363947_4672311272811790336_n.png?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQmsi3m9vaOBTlbNaWjd133ZlbtPYIS4f8WHXbeY9SGwPX-qN9qpXNFBpT7UIRuRERA&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-1.fna&oh=13f1e6109e05693ca960a1a427d9d904&oe=5E34715F

70846121_2372048476366991_6110434514431901696_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQnzILOuYCqySN16458JdSec7Yk07bua5jsL3nJtq2k5ghljISicmy_YJX_oomU0FDA&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&oh=2fbc1aceda04b922e1a1b9e2b0240f2b&oe=5DF7A78E

Not a fan of the Kobolds.  
The female not-yuan-ti is ok
I like the stag and the basilisk
116 whatever that creature is I would rather have 18 of these than Kobolds.
Is 108 a Wolverine?  
109 I still have the huge bag of baby dragons to paint from KS 3 however this would round out the 5 types 
Im stil on the fence as to whether the core is worth it.  Will need to see the rest.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, strawhat said:

Those make me think of something like a twig blight...some form of angry plant-critter.

I'm really digging the mini-Maschaaf, the twiglets, and the nagendra.  I'd like a couple of the adventurers, but those are way down on the list.  Do I, or don't I, go for the full pledge?  Eh...I'm sure Reaper will come up with something I want.

It it would be great to scare the party with tales of a giant worm and then throw the mini-Maschaaf at them; and then after they laugh and kill the “giant worm” have Mama show up! :lol:

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 6
  • Haha 9

I'm currently intrigued. There are several items in the set I'm interested in, giant, the stag, the krampus, the battleguars, and weirdly the cloaker.  The rest are nice but not anything I have a need to own

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Not a fan of the Kobolds.  
The female not-yuan-ti is ok
I like the stag and the basilisk
116 whatever that creature is I would rather have 18 of these than Kobolds.
Is 108 a Wolverine?  
109 I still have the huge bag of baby dragons to paint from KS 3 however this would round out the 5 types 
Im stil on the fence as to whether the core is worth it.  Will need to see the rest.

116 is 3x the size of a kobold, so I doubt we'd get more then the kobolds 

108 is a giant weasel

109 allot bigger then you think as well. It was part of a 54mm figure, called dragon summoner

https://www.reapermini.com/search/dragon+metal/latest/01446

Oddly I think out of the metal minis shown that will be making the transfer to Bones material, I think the briarlings are the best due to, you just don't send 1 or 5 twig blights at your players! I picked up 10 each per sculpt last year & I still may pick up more when they come out as Bones. I know Curse of Strahd has a encounter with like 60 of them!

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, haldir said:

108 is a giant weasel

109 allot bigger then you think as well. It was part of a 54mm figure, called dragon summoner

Oddly I think out of the metal minis shown that will be making the transfer to Bones material, I think the briarlings are the best due to, you just don't send 1 or 5 twig blights at your players! I picked up 10 each per sculpt last year & I still may pick up more when they come out as Bones. I know Curse of Strahd has a encounter with like 60 of them!

Yeah, when they hit retail I'll be getting a lot of those twig blights. 

• Like 6

So thats the first thirty.  

I like the Zombie Giant, the Krampus, the kobolds (I did not buy them last time, but they were on my want list) 

the fat noble (126) and the clerk (113) would also be handy. 

I mean I don't need a Krampus, but he would be fun to paint. 

It is not a good deal yet, but I'm leaning towards getting it. 

is 127 a dwarf?   cause otherwise theres no dwarves.  Wierd. 

things I don't want? 

Dryad, snake woman, elk.  

• Like 4

On Topic - I liked what I saw for the Bones V Core on Facebook.

Spoilered because off topic -

23 hours ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Awesome yes but damn...that price though....

If you think the price is scary, look at the parts count. 500+ pieces. ::o:

Also, it's bloody huge - 24" bow to stern.

There is a reason for that price. (It was cheaper a few months ago, but I couldn't quite bring myself to pull the trigger - Brigid's footie pajamas are not free.) The cannon and swivel guns are resin.

Almost on topic, if considered as a home for the various Bones V pirates we have already seen...[/url]

The Auld Grump - quotes and spoilers are kind of broken on these forums - this was the closest I could come to fixing it....

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, haldir said:

108 is a giant weasel

That may be true but I would still rather have them.
Im going to say its a Wolverine...
Well when you compare it to the rest of the minis (assuming scale is accurate)  It doesnt look that big.  Im sure they can resize thing on the computer.

If I recall there is a giant twig blight as well. or undead Treant.  I suppose mossbeard could be painted up to play that part.

6 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

On Topic - I liked what I saw for the Bones V Core on Facebook.

Spoilered because off topic -

Hide contents

If you think the price is scary, look at the parts count... ::o: 500+ parts....

There is a reason for that price. (It was cheaper a few months ago, but I couldn't quite bring myself to pull the trigger - Brigid's footie pajamas are not free.)

It's also bloody huge. 24" from bow to aft.

I could almost consider it on topic - as a home for the various pirates we have seen. ::):

Actually on topic - I liked what I saw of the starting Core for Bones V on Facebook.

The Auld Grump

I hope one day Dwarven Forge will tackle a modular ship.  (Though I imagine it would cost more than this one.  Also 500?!  I aint got time for that lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

I like that the zombie giant has buzzards just hanging around it.

And is it just me or does the dragon look extra tipsy.

i have him in metal. Yes, he is very tipsy. But hey new Warlord fig for the elves at least.

• Like 3

I have to find a game to use my kobolds collection.  I have to have at least 60 at this point.  All unpainted because not a fan of them and neither is anyone else as I can't give them away.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

I don't get why the kobolds are a bonus if they are automatically in the core set already.

• Like 7