Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I don't get why the kobolds are a bonus if they are automatically in the core set already.

I think its because they are already out or were in the previous KS.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, turbocooler said:

I have to find a game to use my kobolds collection.  I have to have at least 60 at this point.  All unpainted because not a fan of them and neither is anyone else as I can't give them away.

Yeah, I don’t care for these kobolds. I prefer the dragony ones. I also don’t really care for their latest goblins. 

But that’s just me. I’m sure there’s plenty of folks (somewhere) who like their style.

• Like 6

I will be going in for a early bird $120 pledge, but not getting a core set. I will spend that elsewhere on add ons. I do not doubt I will like enough add ons to cover that cost 

Providing we can still do that. Go in for the core set pledge but not get a core set

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Providing we can still do that. Go in for the core set pledge but not get a core set

195A3A4D-237D-451E-B77A-165DB1072896.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

I will be going in for a early bird $120 pledge, but not getting a core set. I will spend that elsewhere on add ons. I do not doubt I will like enough add ons to cover that cost 

This will be my first kickstarter for Reaper so I will probably end up going in on about 200-250, I like some of the core set a lot even if it's not likely to actually play with alot of the ones I like, and in theory they add onto the core set so its worth something in terms of number of figures?

Given my saving for this I could grab that and a few other add ons. Took a while to save up that much but I am sure it'll be worth it in about a year.  

• Like 7

I do like this core set over all but do already have some of the minis. It is a bit disparate but presumably they already have digital masters for their newer metal figures.

If this KS goes like the last ones though the real 'cool' stuff is in the expansions and the sets and add ons. Some of the styles and concepts  get really interesting when applied to a box of 50 minis or a set of 6. I really like the look of the undersea and Greek expansions for example.

No dire or were badger yet though... An opportunity could be missed. 

• Like 4

Have they said which material the core set will be made of?

So far I'm mainly interested in the dragons/basilisks/lizards and the stag. I like some of the character minis but they're not a need, so I'll have to see if they unlock enough that makes me *need* that core set, or if I can get away with just getting the couple things I really want

• Like 3

I am going to be very heavy cherry picking this time around

I know will get the dragons we have seen,I would like the Hydra and hippogriff,though those might fit a Greek expansion

Ultimately, any expansion is going to have to have a lot of minis I want in order for me to pledge for it. I just want cool things to paint 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Fire_Eyes said:

So far I'm mainly interested in the dragons/basilisks/lizards and the stag. I like some of the character minis but they're not a need, so I'll have to see if they unlock enough that makes me *need* that core set, or if I can get away with just getting the couple things I really want

No idea, I would assume Bones Black considering the price jump, but that could just be an economic thing...

I gotcha, I really liked a lot of the dragons too, them, the otter pirates. Never needed merfolk but the molds are cool so they would be a nice boost to my small collection.

I really liked the Bronze Golem, Cerberus, the Cyclops, Storm Giant, Black Riders, and War Mammoth. So I will probably nab the Core set as I really like about half of what's shown (excluding the kobolds), the greek expansion, and either a dragon or two or the underwater expansion (potentially swapped if they have an undead one as those are always needed)

New to the hobby so if the core set is accurate in amount of minis to where they end previously, even if its only about 80 minis it will double my collection, so I am not very picky atm as I am focused on growing the collection. 

• Like 8

I guess the giant and basilisk are off my list (assuming for now, there wont be a special smaller set to get them near the end of the campaign):

if the crocodile monster is not in a theoretical aquatic set, may have to skip that.  Also cyclops is big as i'd want but not that into the design.   And the not-godzilla is nice. smaller than i'd want, but not as nice as the dracodile from privateer, which is about same size, so may just let that go.

should be interesting to see all the unlocks on the first few days.

Regards,

Sanjay

• Like 3

I like the Giant Weasel, the Giant and the Snake Warrior.

Nothing else in the Core Set fancies me right now.

I will wait to see how the Asian / Greek stuff will be grouped and those dragons we saw earlier.

I suspect the Giant can be purchased seperately as well, like they did with Gauth in the last one.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Fire_Eyes said:

Not that I’ve seen. I’ve been watching out for that info myself.

On ReaperLive Ron and Ed have said a couple of times that their overall plans are for most of the larger minis to be in original Bones and most smaller minis in Bones Black.

But who knows how strictly they will follow that.

27 minutes ago, NecroticDamage said:

New to the hobby so if the core set is accurate in amount of minis to where they end previously, even if its only about 80 minis it will double my collection, so I am not very picky atm as I am focused on growing the collection. 

So far Reaper has unveiled 48 minis for the Bones 5 core.

By comparison, Bones 4 started with a similar number and ended up with 163 minis in that core set. It doesn’t mean we’ll reach that number in this kickstarter.

In any case. We’ve only seen a fraction of the Bones 5  Core set minis so far.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

So far Reaper has unveiled 48 minis for the Bones 5 core.

By comparison, Bones 4 started with a similar number and ended up with 163 minis in that core set. It doesn’t mean we’ll reach that number in this kickstarter.

In any case. We’ve only seen a fraction of the Bones 5  Core set minis so far.

Wow that is crazy, I would need so much more paint! lol I average out finishing maybe about 2 minis a week, wife is gonna kill me if I don't figure out storage... XD

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, NecroticDamage said:

Wow that is crazy, I would need so much more paint! lol I average out finishing maybe about 2 minis a week, wife is gonna kill me if I don't figure out storage... XD

I use plastic containers and store them in my garage.

Like these, you can stack them if you have a lot of minis ( Yesss my precioussss I did...)

image.png.7ecc34d7d87e989eb1e78773605439c1.png

• Like 11