Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I use plastic containers and store them in my garage.

Like these, you can stack them if you have a lot of minis ( Yesss my precioussss I did...)

image.png.7ecc34d7d87e989eb1e78773605439c1.png

You are a saint. I was literally just looking into these.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, NecroticDamage said:

You are a saint. I was literally just looking into these.

I have lots of those...:ph34r:

Minis are stored in there in their boxes. 

Loose ones I put in zipper bags.

Make sure heavy stuff is at the bottom so you don't break anything.

They are perfect for this and come in different sizes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NecroticDamage said:

Wow that is crazy, I would need so much more paint! lol I average out finishing maybe about 2 minis a week, wife is gonna kill me if I don't figure out storage... XD

I used an over the door shoe organizer to sort and store my stuff from Bones 4. Almost all of what I got fits, and it takes up a negligible amount of space.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Smokestack said:

And then 18 bones 4 kobolds. So 48 figures for $120. I know it will get better as more stuff is added but that initial offer looks lighter than previous. I have been getting 2 cores each is 1-4. May pass on the core this time. Don’t need any more kobolds.

I kinda missed out on the Kobolds from the previous efforts so I am kinda digging that. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, TGP said:

I kinda missed out on the Kobolds from the previous efforts so I am kinda digging that. 

If I read one more person on Facebook complain with righteous indignation that the Kobolds are from Bones 4 and Reaper are thieves and heathens for including them, I might scream.  Remembering  now to avoid the KS comments section as well... ::P:

• Like 9
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chris Palmer said:

If I read one more person on Facebook complain with righteous indignation that the Kobolds are from Bones 4 and Reaper are thieves and heathens for including them, I might scream.  Remembering  now to avoid the KS comments section as well... ::P:

Ah yes, there is a new KS and they will give some stuff form the earlier one FOR FREE!

Criminals!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 12

12 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:
34 minutes ago, TGP said:

I passed on them because they are so small. And my eyes keep wanting cheater glasses in the 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 ranges. But they look kool. So, if they are just tossing them in? Woot! <= Clearly labeled small woot, because kobolds are small...

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Pineapple said:

I used an over the door shoe organizer to sort and store my stuff from Bones 4. Almost all of what I got fits, and it takes up a negligible amount of space.

I may have to look into those. I see different styles. (I could get one from Home Depot.) Which type did you select?

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Right? 

I'm wondering how much of the core set will be Bones Black, given that some of the minis in it already are. I don't see them making those in regular Bones... Might end up being a mix? The kobolds will probably still be Bones, so... 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, TGP said:

I may have to look into those. I see different styles. (I could get one from Home Depot.) Which type did you select?

A full door sized one with clear plastic pockets so I can easily see what's inside. In the universe where I have plenty of hobby time, each pocket is labeled with what's inside, but that's not the universe I inhabit at the moment.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Right? 

I'm wondering how much of the core set will be Bones Black, given that some of the minis in it already are. I don't see them making those in regular Bones... Might end up being a mix? The kobolds will probably still be Bones, so... 

The Kobolds would absolutely be excellent candidates for BonesBlack. They do suffer from weapon-flop. 

I seriously doubt it will happen but I would be ecstatic if they scaled them up to 22mm tall or so, more or less double the existing height. That would mean cutting a new steel injection mold so, beyond unlikely. But...

Greater Kobolds! Dire Kobolds. !!!

Who doesn’t like Dire things?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

A full door sized one with clear plastic pockets so I can easily see what's inside. In the universe where I have plenty of hobby time, each pocket is labeled with what's inside, but that's not the universe I inhabit at the moment.

Thanks. 

That narrows it down to two styles. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Ah yes, there is a new KS and they will give some stuff form the earlier one FOR FREE!

Criminals!!

I like to calculate what is probably a fair price for the core set and so without counting the Kobolds (which I do not because things of negligible value to me are worth just about nothing), and after my unscientific project I have calculated that the set is worth about $110 right out of the gate, and that is with no scale included for size for things like the giant, or the creatures like Maashaf.

$110 is a fairly decent starting point for the kickstarter and I am curious.  Now the actual value of stuff I want is much less but we will see, so 18 free kobolds I can give to my daughter to paint is not so bad.  but I do not want more of them in this.  Seriously stop trying to pad the numbers with goblins and Kobolds.  That makes me think the set is being devalued.  I would Much rather things like fence post toppers, or small insects be included.  Those are  nice little things that I can value more.

But, that is not to say everyone will think like I do so I will just watch what is coming out and decide then.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Looter said:

I like to calculate what is probably a fair price for the core set and so without counting the Kobolds (which I do not because things of negligible value to me are worth just about nothing), and after my unscientific project I have calculated that the set is worth about $110 right out of the gate, and that is with no scale included for size for things like the giant, or the creatures like Maashaf.

$110 is a fairly decent starting point for the kickstarter and I am curious.  Now the actual value of stuff I want is much less but we will see, so 18 free kobolds I can give to my daughter to paint is not so bad.  but I do not want more of them in this.  Seriously stop trying to pad the numbers with goblins and Kobolds.  That makes me think the set is being devalued.  I would Much rather things like fence post toppers, or small insects be included.  Those are  nice little things that I can value more.

But, that is not to say everyone will think like I do so I will just watch what is coming out and decide then.

Usually during the KS more and more is added to the Core Set making it good value.

I will not get it though, I'm going to be cherrypicking since I already have a lot of unpainted stuff.

For me it will be the cool monsters/specials etc.

• Like 3