Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

8 minutes ago, Crowley said:

^^^ This

There's a bunch that'll be fine to have, and if you don't like it, hang on for the first hour or two, the core set is gonna grow like crazy, expansions and add ons will be added... don't worry, there will be lots to look forward to! 

Definitely hang on until after I have my Wave 1 pledge in. Makes it easier for me to get through the process. :devil:

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

8 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

add a little pack of kobold accessories. kobold hats, alternate kobold weapons, SPACE kobold conversion bits.

Hey, why not, why made space goblins? I'd really appreciate some conversion bits that were slightly smaller scale than the plastic ones from... Bones 3? 

Just now, Doug Sundseth said:

Definitely hang on until after I have my Wave 1 pledge in. Makes it easier for me to get through the process. :devil:

I'm totally stealing your spot. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

So far (excluding the kobolds which I got in Bones 4) I'm interested in about half of the core. That's contingent on material, which seems to be a grab bag until someone declares otherwise. Seems like they might want to find a way to indicate that next to each figure if the future of Bones Kickstarter will be all shuffled together.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

You would think that, but miniatures paint goes a long way. Most prolific painters only have to replace a bottle or two per year, and that will be something like primer or black or white.

I like the 8.1L box from Really Useful Boxes. Durable, stackable, good handles and lid, and shallow enough to be able to get to the bottom without mounting an expedition.

I can always use more kobolds.

Brown liner and walnut brown for me. The first for basecoating Bones. The second is my default for black. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

add a little pack of kobold accessories. kobold hats, alternate kobold weapons, SPACE kobold conversion bits.

I will be getting a pack of kobolds just to behead one, he will be a Ysoki in the Bulldog armor from Bones 4!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Corsair said:

I will be getting a pack of kobolds just to behead one, he will be a Ysoki in the Bulldog armor from Bones 4!

you don't even need to behead them. could probably fit most of the body in the cockpit.

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

I was kinda hoping it would be hobgoblins, but maybe we'll get some new sculpts this kickstarter. 

I was one of the most vociferous fans pushing for hobgoblins last time, but I wanted the old metal ones converted to Bones. I was highly disappointed in the new design last time. Just not my cuppa.

• Like 1

I hope we get some more Chronoscope "hordes". 

NOVA Corp, IMEF, the Bathalians, the Kulathi and the Greys all have enough figures for small squads for skirmish games, and I'd love some of the single figures already in Chronoscope get some support - like the Rach and Malvernis soldiers, to start. 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Reaper's Bugbear minis only have 4 digits per hand anyway, IIRC.

Yep. Confirmed...

77231_w_1.jpg.5a1aec2fa9fef65777b2778060af5de5.jpg

Which is why I has a sad, Bugbears have 3 fingers per hand....but #121 has 4 fingers per hand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brother Jim said:

Which is why I has a sad, Bugbears have 3 fingers per hand....but #121 has 4 fingers per hand.

Could be a mutant?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Could be a mutant?

Dress him in a fancy surcoat, give him a nice hairdo and beard, some custom black gloves and he can be The Five Fingered Bugbear!  He killed Igrog's father, and now he's going to die!!!  

:upside:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

10 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Could be a mutant?

Nah, he just has polydactyly. He asks not to be maligned - he is a self respecting Bugbear, thank you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I like that the core sets have always had a pile of mooks. I know not everyone plays/runs games but that does seem like the intent. There are just too many situations in adventures where it becomes necessary to plop down a few fistfuls of goblins (Bones 4 core), a whole tribe of lizardmen (Bones 3 core), a group of bugbears or gnolls (Bones 2 core), a pile of bugs, (also Bones 2 core), a pile of rats (Bones 1 core), a pile of undead (both Bones 2 and Bones 1) or a pile of kobolds (Bones 5 core).

Each core set has included a pile of Really Useful GM Monsters and as a GM I approve. 

19 minutes ago, Elizb01 said:
32 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Could be a mutant?

Nah, he just has polydactyly. He asks not to be maligned - he is a self respecting Bugbear, thank you!

"You have five fingers on your right hand. Someone was looking for you." -pointless (and pointlessly vague) Princess Bride reference

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Brother Jim said:

See, looking again, I see 121 as a juggernaut type not-warforged.

• Like 1